Tia Dalma hidden in King's Run

JudyBudy

Buccaneer
howdy, mates. i was heading to Hollowed Woods to grind yet again when i noticed an NPC icon on the minimap. i managed to glitch my way out and find out that it's Tia Dalma! i have no idea why she's there, but she wasn't there before the Hollowed Woods update iirc and she has no animations at all, unlike she usually does on Cuba. i'm curious to see if she functions as an actual NPC (like for the voodoo doll and totem quests) and what her purpose is in King's Run, or if she was just dropped in accidentally. i have a video of me looking at some interesting out-of-the-map phenomena and a screenshot of just the Tia Dalma NPC.
screenshot_2019-10-12_10-30-45.jpg

Yeah, its from the tutorial when you recieve your compass from her. If you're right about her not being there before Hollowed Woods then normally she is disabled from showing up. When the Hollowed Woods entrance is enabled she probably gets enabled too accidentally. It could be that she is just always enabled though, I can't remember. Weird things sometimes get enabled/disabled during events. Most noticeable is when a Tortuga invasion happens the bonfire gets enabled on the beach.

howdy, mates. i was heading to Hollowed Woods to grind yet again when i noticed an NPC icon on the minimap. i managed to glitch my way out and find out that it's Tia Dalma! i have no idea why she's there, but she wasn't there before the Hollowed Woods update iirc and she has no animations at all, unlike she usually does on Cuba. i'm curious to see if she functions as an actual NPC (like for the voodoo doll and totem quests) and what her purpose is in King's Run, or if she was just dropped in accidentally. i have a video of me looking at some interesting out-of-the-map phenomena and a screenshot of just the Tia Dalma NPC.View attachment 116525

She was there last year, but depending on your angle or position, you didn't need a glitch to see her. She was just standing there. I think this is her sisters house in the back.

She was there last year, but depending on your angle or position, you didn't need a glitch to see her. She was just standing there. I think this is her sisters house in the back.
yeah i know you don't need to glitch, but from the angles that i could see her from, it was really just her dress. i just was curious what the full model was so i managed to glitch my way through to see.

yeah i know you don't need to glitch, but from the angles that i could see her from, it was really just her dress. i just was curious what the full model was so i managed to glitch my way through to see.
Cool. I'm sure she just went to her sisters house for some chicken bones or snake meat for her pet alligators.

Back