Tip  Tips to get famed weapons!

What do you think about server hopping?

• Total voters
Shaman Doll - Darkhart
Corsair's Dagger - Darkhart
Spinecrest Broadsword - El Patron
Two famed throwing knives from Foulberto Smasho, but I don't remember the names and as I type this Pirates is under maintenance. So I can't check.

I have only a handful of famed items and no legendaries to speak of - thus far. But all that proves is that you have to put in the time. Which, normally, I don't. I'm usually hopping from place to place aiding members or mates. It is a matter of patience and work to those who have earned their chests full of quality items. Be willing to put in the effort, but sometimes you get the oddest luck.

My favorite weapon right now is my famed Sacred Repeater. The beast packs a nice wallop for a triple barrel and the silver boost pretty much floors most undead this Amazon comes across. Where did I find this hand cannon? In a loot sack... not a Skull Chest... after killing a regular old Undead Brigand.

So, don't lose hope - just don't expect miracles. The folks who have the arsenals put in the time to find them.

I have only a handful of famed items and no legendaries to speak of - thus far. But all that proves is that you have to put in the time. Which, normally, I don't. I'm usually hopping from place to place aiding members or mates. It is a matter of patience and work to those who have earned their chests full of quality items. Be willing to put in the effort, but sometimes you get the oddest luck.

My favorite weapon right now is my famed Sacred Repeater. The beast packs a nice wallop for a triple barrel and the silver boost pretty much floors most undead this Amazon comes across. Where did I find this hand cannon? In a loot sack... not a Skull Chest... after killing a regular old Undead Brigand.

So, don't lose hope - just don't expect miracles. The folks who have the arsenals put in the time to find them.
not always true my friend has randomly tp to me at tormenta one day and first skull we got (which was little after he got there) he got barracuda blade that just proves that u dont always have to put time into it u can just be lucky however in most cases ppl put the time in

didnt i tell you all this information like a month ago cuz u was like "I CANT FIND FAMED" or something? im almost certain i did lol
EDIT (Apr 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM):
and how u kill doesnt matter its how FAST you kill so id use a blunder to kill or a rly strong cutlass or broad NEVER DOLLS STAFFS OR VOODOO DOLLS these weapons take entirely to long to kill bosses unless ur trying to get rep while looting their worthless and the best time to loot is after a server resets or after matinence

I've gotten Two Lost Swords and Thunderspine using staff, I think I'll stick with it mate.

Being a pretty decent looter myself I have to say you really thought things out! Just one thing to add...... I have found that weapon changing every five or so kills can help or maybe that's just me.

Oh yeah also server reset = Large amounts of Famed and more of a chance for legendary. Example I went to Kingshead the other day after abassa reset first kill in a POUCH I got a famed...... Using staff.

Way to go on looting keep it up!

Yes first kill on server hop = skull which happens to equal famed!

Lol I started to notice that whenever a person teleports to me I usually get a skull. It's most of the time junk though.

I beg to differ... >.>. Being a pretty experienced looter, I have pretty much seen it all. I record how long it takes to get a certain Famed or Legendary item, I count the amount of skulls I get before it, and remember the server I was on. So far my best weapons's that i have looted are, World Eater Blade, Thunderspine Sword, Blade of the Abyss, and a countless amount of Silver Freeze's (looted outside of Foulberto Smasho's Cave of the Lost Souls). I have collected well over 25-30 Famed Cursed Blades, and have looted about 160 or 170 Famed in total so, if this helps anyone my best tips for looting Famed are;
1. Server hop, best chance of looting a Famed quicker, plus you will probably get more skulls and some brights.
2. What I tend to do is spend a server on Tormenta, then next server i switch to, i go to Ravens Cove, then next server I would go to a boss or somewhere else good to loot.
3. It doesn't matter AT ALL what type of weapon you are using to get a certain weapon. It is all based on how lucky you are and also, Abassa is actually a very good place to loot for weapon's and brights, even today i got Famed Privateer's Bayonet and Magenta Cotton Tank in back-to-back kills.
Oh, and if this helps anyone, my favorite weapon's to use while looting are my Grenades (Siege Charge) and any Blunderbuss or Broadsword.
So hoped this helped anyone who needed some advice :D

Back