Event TLOPO Beta Key Contest!

I feel like people are missing the point of the remaining challenge.

We already know what happened after they met. Jolly Roger gets the flying dutchman, gets a job, she doesn't meet him, he turns into a monster, etc.

The challenge is how they met, not what happened after they met. You gotta make up a story.

C: After sailing the seas with no land in sight, Davy finds a small island, Ogygia, he can bury his treasure in for good. Jones was sick, and he knew his life was counting down. Upon arriving, Calypso herself barged out of a building with a sword, daring anyone to challenge her. Jones, lovestruck and stunned, accepted. Calypso put on a hearty battle for a fair maiden who has been living by herself for all eternity, and managed to wound Davy severely. In the end, however, Davy wins. Tired and worn out, Davy proposed to the young lady, and the rest, is history.

Narrator: "Now t'was a stormy, dark night, and the seas were rough, beating n' battering the crew n' ship of the young Cpt. Davy Jones. His crew begged n' pleaded with their Cpt. to make for port out of fear that the Sea would claim them.
To this, Davy Jones answered
" I am the Sea " And in a twist of irony and fate, the Sea responded in a monstrous wave that grounded Jones' ship on an unknown island.

The crew awoke to the song of sirens, all were drawn to the shore where all his men fell in love, n' were eaten.

But Jones heard something different, music soft and sweet, played as if from a small music box, and the song of a woman singing with this music. By just her voice, he knew this would be the woman to hold his heart forever, regardless of what fate awaited a young pirate like himself. In the moment he reached her, he laid his eyes on Calypso, n' she stared back at him with the same look in her eyes, n' he fell instantly in love, n' they lived happily ev-
Young Gibbs: *Interupting* "Dad! No! I heard it was the Sea he fell in love with!" Narrator: .......*Sigh*.......

"Jones fell in love with himself, n' lived happily ever after."

"Happy son?"

B) Answer one of the following riddles:

Who is the sad and lonely lady who lives with a Turtle? The NPC Orinda Le Jeune

B) Answer one of the following riddles:

Who is the sad and lonely lady who lives with a Turtle? The NPC Orinda Le Jeune
Everything but the story is finished, mate.

Everyone answered all the riddles and a typo has been found.

Davy Jones was never a crual man, when he met Calpyso, she was his everything.

He never turned mad or angry, he keeps loving her.

Davy Jones was a french sailor and had trouble finding true love.

One day he realised he loved the sea and the sea could be his love, but he can't love the sea, so Davy searched for a way to tame the sea and out her in a human body.... from Flesh and Blood.

When he told the brething court about his plan they agreed, cuz niw they can rule the seas.

The turned into a black wonan with rasta hair, Davy loved her already.....

She smiled and said: "Davy Jones.... I feel a bit of Destinyyyy"

Davy brought her to his ship: The Flying Duthman.

Davy said: "Your name is Calypso"

Calypso said:" I don't have a name and a little bit weird that a frenchman have a dutch ship"

Davy smiled and gave her a kiss and Calypso kissed back ans said: " Give me you hearth and it will always be mine..... if ye will do a task for me"

Davy said:"I'll do anything for you"

Calypso said:"I hope you don't fear dead" and: "This task will take 10 years and after that you will recieve my true love. this will go on for internity, and so long you will live.... if you give you your hearth"

Davy said; "Everything for true love..... and may thus go on and on till our ways split"

Calypso said: "You have to take care of all people that die on the seas and bring them to the workd after this one, I'll arange everything you need my..... dear"

and the rest if the story we all know, savvy?

I'm so mad you guys posted this competition right as I went to bed.

Guess I'll take a crack at the story. I told it from the perspective of Davy Jones answering the question "how did you two meet?". Microsoft Word tells me it's exactly 300 words, I had to trim out quite a bit to get it in your range, so please don't yell at me if you count differently!

That is a story that begins with explosions and splintered wood. You are aware of the most despicable type of pirate, yes? The kind of pirate that follows no code. While sailing I happened across three terrible black ships, all side to side with boarding planks strewn across them. I assumed they were attacking the middle ship, and thought to use that distraction to flee, but as I turned my ship around they split and charged.

It would seem they wanted no witnesses, as they opened fire without hesitation. My poor crew was no match for these codeless cretins. As our ship was torn asunder by their vicious barrage, any crew member spotted diving into the water was shot. Never had I seen such violations of code!

An explosion in our holds rendered me unconscious. I can only assume I survived by being tangled in a mess of splintered wood as it drifted away.

I awoke on a beach of an unknown island, lost and alone. I was cold, in pain, and grieving for my lost crew. Dragging myself up from the water I succumbed to exhaustion and lay for hours.

I rose at dusk, piteously hungry. The island was beautiful, but offered no fruits. On the windward coast, I spotted a single giant crab staring out to sea. The cove this crab inhabited sparkled with faerie lights. As I approached the crab turned to appraise me. I will never understand how I knew, but I was overwhelmed with an immense sense of wonder. Walking forward, I dropped my dagger. I tossed aside my waterlogged pistol. When I fell to my knees to the crab’s mighty wonder, I looked up from the sands and in its place smiled the most beautiful woman I ever saw. I was on Calypso’s island.
WINNER
56dd4ce60f-http---makeagif.com--media-4-01-2014-TU6b4A.gif

I will begin to distribute keys via PMs. Thank you all for participating.

Oh...there was a contest going on? Great. All 5 winners decided before I even knew about it -_-
That's how I felt about the riddles when they posted the competition at midnight. At least I got a story in.

Also you should be "watching" the announcements and contests forums!

Will the typos on the website actually get fixed? For some odd reason, it bothers me that Fuego was misspelled in "Padres del Fuego" on the "Explore" page and has been left that way for awhile now. :p

Will the typos on the website actually get fixed? For some odd reason, it bothers me that Fuego was misspelled in "Padres del Fuego" on the "Explore" page and has been left that way for awhile now. :p

Super late reply, but yep! (lol it bugged me too)

Back