Announcement TLOPO Beta: Status Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've identified the issue - which should be coming in a newer release soon. It's related to our new system of patching. It seems most people are getting hungup on phase_4, so deleting it and redownloading it should fix the issue.

Run this from a Terminal window:
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf
Seems to be working, thank you.

We've identified the issue - which should be coming in a newer release soon. It's related to our new system of patching. It seems most people are getting hungup on phase_4, so deleting it and redownloading it should fix the issue.

Run this from a Terminal window:
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf

I've tried the terminal trick a bunch of times and I'm still having the same issue. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm just copying and pasting, "rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf" into terminal and then when I press enter it gives me this: rm: /Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf: No such file or directory
Then When I go to log back in, it starts to look like it was fixed–it loads files 1 and 2–but then it just starts the never-ending cycle over again.

@deckgg I'm also having it look like the problem is fixed, and then go right back to the never-ending cycle. Unlike you however, I am not getting the error about the file not existing. If I were you, I would change the command line argument provided (the rm ~/Library... stuff) to this:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/

That opens up the actual folder in your terminal window so that you yourself can look at what files are in the /default/ folder. Then type and enter

ls

which is the command line argument to show the files that are in the folder you are now sitting in. Look to see what files are there. There SHOULD be one labelled phase_4.mf. At that point, you can ensure it is being removed yourself by typing in

rm phase_4.mf

and hitting enter. The file phase_4.mf should disappear, once you type

ls

again, although if your luck is as bad as mine, phase_4.mf will likely just reappear as soon as you go to log in again. I have noticed that it appears during either "Writing file 1 of 2" or "Writing file 2 of 2" and then my launcher immediately reverts back to the 1 of 1 cycle of doom.

I've redownloaded the entire launcher twice now with no change in results. About to try again.

Edit: third redownload of launcher. Same issue. Phase_4 is still the problematic file, and it's still just being put right back onto my machine when I go to log in, during the "writing" steps.

Last edited:
I've tried the terminal trick a bunch of times and I'm still having the same issue. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm just copying and pasting, "rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf" into terminal and then when I press enter it gives me this: rm: /Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/resources/default/phase_4.mf: No such file or directory
Then When I go to log back in, it starts to look like it was fixed–it loads files 1 and 2–but then it just starts the never-ending cycle over again.
Sweet thanks, just got it to work!

@deckgg I'm also having it look like the problem is fixed, and then go right back to the never-ending cycle. Unlike you however, I am not getting the error about the file not existing. If I were you, I would change the command line argument provided (the rm ~/Library... stuff) to this:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/resources/default/

That opens up the actual folder in your terminal window so that you yourself can look at what files are in the /default/ folder. Then type and enter

ls

which is the command line argument to show the files that are in the folder you are now sitting in. Look to see what files are there. There SHOULD be one labelled phase_4.mf. At that point, you can ensure it is being removed yourself by typing in

rm phase_4.mf

ls

again, although if your luck is as bad as mine, phase_4.mf will likely just reappear as soon as you go to log in again. I have noticed that it appears during either "Writing file 1 of 2" or "Writing file 2 of 2" and then my launcher immediately reverts back to the 1 of 1 cycle of doom.

I've redownloaded the entire launcher twice now with no change in results. About to try again.

Edit: third redownload of launcher. Same issue. Phase_4 is still the problematic file, and it's still just being put right back onto my machine when I go to log in, during the "writing" steps.

I am not sure what I did right... I entered the command in Terminal about 3 times, got "No file found/exists" or whatever. Trashed the TLOPO launcher app, re-downloaded it and miracle of miracles, I got back on! :cheers:

I am not sure what I did right... I entered the command in Terminal about 3 times, got "No file found/exists" or whatever. Trashed the TLOPO launcher app, re-downloaded it and miracle of miracles, I got back on! :cheers:

I can't say "miracle of miracles" without thinking of "Fiddler On The Roof". But I'm an actor, so what do ya want fer nuthin'? Rubber biiiiscuit? :razz:

I just learned that if you spam enter it 30 times it will open up the launcher and start working. Go figure!

ls

rm phase_4.mf

ls

yeah, I'm still having the same problem; Phase_4 just pops back in.

ls

rm phase_4.mf

ls

I FIXED IT. I got rid of phase 2 this time. I figured since it kept getting caught up on 2 I might as well try. My logic may be flawed, but hey it worked.

I still can't log in since upgrade. repeats file 1\1 over and over. I don't understand on how to run from a terminal window, so I have not tried the approve. I have a mac and if someone could guide me, I would like to try it and see if I can log on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back