Suggestion TLOPO Dungeons (aka Cells)

Would you participate in a Cell with fellow pirates @ level 50 if the concept were added?

• Total voters
View attachment 89011
Level 50 Pirates, this one is for you...
Cells aka Dungeons in TLOPO would be a great addition.
Why? You might ask. Well because, as pirates level themselves up more and more, there are fewer challenges for them to encounter. A majority of enemies are too weak for end-game pirates. These people have put in countless hours to master every skill in the game, why should they give up on playing once there is nothing left to do?

I propose adding Cells.

Cells will be dungeons where high level pirates can fight high level enemies (lvl. 45-55 maybe even higher if more levels are added) for a challenge!
Having an activity like this will give the Master Pirates a proper fight.

Not only will the Cells allow for more fun within TLOPO, if they're placed in the more remote, and less traveled to locations, players will travel back to these areas instead of them being wasted space.

So, what exactly happens in Cells?
You and a Crew, fight your way through a cavern/area full of lvl 50ish enemies, working toward an end boss (the boss will me slightly harder than the average world bosses). After you kill this boss, you will receive a Rare, Famed, or even Legendary item.
In order to create an immersive game-play experience in The Legend of Pirates Online, I believe it would be smart to have similar (yet higher level) enemies as the rest of the Island, to provide a believable event. (Suggestions for enemy types listed with Islands)

View attachment 89017
I know everyone only cares about loot, so here are the drop rates* I'd suggest...
Rare (75%)
Famed (22%)
Legendary (3%)
This activity is supposed to be a challenge! No flimsy Common weapons here!

*DROP RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Here are some suggestions for locations...
View attachment 89014
Devils Anvil
I chose this location because of the exterior. Half of the island is unused and yearning for something new. This area is only used with level 1-5 pirates at the beginning, and being one of the few islands in the Caribbean I think it is important that we fill these places with as much to do as possible.

Enemies
Because on this Island, there are mostly scorpions, and crabs, I'd suggest having a rocky jungle area. This would allow the developers to add a larger variety of enemies inside to up the fun. The boss (due to previously mentioned large amounts of these) will be a large crab, like the one found on the shore of Port Royal except harder to kill.
View attachment 89015
Isla Perdida
This is the problem island, there are barely any quests that lead here, the last time I remember seeing someone else EVEN ON ABASSA on the island with me was back in POTCO days. This Island is 100% a wasted island, and that should be addressed by adding a Cell on it. This would draw players to the Island and wasted no more!

Enemies
This island is notorious for the large amount of wasps that swarm it. Add in some Stumps, some Fly Traps and Alligators and you have a proper challenge!
Cuba is one of my favorite of the main islands, although there is one reason this is on the list. This is because of the large swamp land that covers 75% of the playable area.
This space, like I've said is wasted! There could be so many cool things located here but Disney failed to fill it! Now that TLOPO has taken the reins, they have the ability to fix this poor mistake and add more to the game!

Enemies
This island is another insect, non-human infested island, and the Cell should follow this theme. There could be things like bats added as well, just a thought!.
I know, this place already has some lvl 20-40 enemies, its not as bad as the other islands, right?
NO. WRONG.
See that little door in the picture? Can you guess where this door leads?
It leads to a boring little storage room, with no enemies, no loot, and no super sick boss!

WHY!
It literally serves no purpose (that I know of). If it is there for the searchable boxes, there are plenty of boxes throughout the castle.

Enemies
Kingshead is home of the Navy and EITC, these folks would occupy the entirety of the interior Cell.

View attachment 89022
Cell Wardens
I've decided that players could get a quest to complete while in the Cell, or just go in for the grind. There will be NPC's located outside the Cell entrance who will give you this quest. I've used Cassandra as an example. Who knows, maybe they will even have a shop where you can access special loot somehow!

Comment below what Islands you'd like to see with Cells added, and any suggestions you might have to make this idea superior!

-Grey Vice, Admin of Reds Army

*Please Note*
I put in a good amount of effort into making all the visuals and creating this idea,
If you don't like the idea, keep in mind if it is added, you do NOT have to use the option.

COMMENTER'S SUGGESTIONS (@Devs)
-Increase DMG Res. of enemies due to 'overpowered' weapons.
-Use previous unused models for Cells
I like the idea! I did choose maybe thought because I'm not really sure about all this but I definitely think its a good idea.
It would be good to add one on Kingshead for sure to have more higher level human enemies. Personally (being a fan of The Legend of Zelda) I do think it would be cool If there were a few puzzles to get through rooms here and there but that is probably not realistic (I can hope ok?).

It must be very difficult though and require a big crew.

Of course and all the enemies in the room become agro at once (don't want you attacking them one by one!

View attachment 89011
Why? You might ask. Well because, as pirates level themselves up more and more, there are fewer challenges for them to encounter. A majority of enemies are too weak for end-game pirates. These people have put in countless hours to master every skill in the game, why should they give up on playing once there is nothing left to do?

I propose adding Cells.

Cells will be dungeons where high level pirates can fight high level enemies (lvl. 45-55 maybe even higher if more levels are added) for a challenge!

Not only will the Cells allow for more fun within TLOPO, if they're placed in the more remote, and less traveled to locations, players will travel back to these areas instead of them being wasted space.

You and a Crew, fight your way through a cavern/area full of lvl 50ish enemies, working toward an end boss (the boss will me slightly harder than the average world bosses). After you kill this boss, you will receive a Rare, Famed, or even Legendary item.
In order to create an immersive game-play experience in The Legend of Pirates Online, I believe it would be smart to have similar (yet higher level) enemies as the rest of the Island, to provide a believable event. (Suggestions for enemy types listed with Islands)

View attachment 89017
I know everyone only cares about loot, so here are the drop rates* I'd suggest...
Rare (75%)
Famed (22%)
Legendary (3%)

Loot would be dropped by the enemies you kill, rather than collecting a reward after the event.
View attachment 89014
Devils Anvil
I chose this location because of the exterior. Half of the island is unused and yearning for something new. This area is only used with level 1-5 pirates at the beginning, and being one of the few islands in the Caribbean I think it is important that we fill these places with as much to do as possible.

Enemies
Because on this Island, there are mostly scorpions, and crabs, I'd suggest having a rocky jungle area. This would allow the developers to add a larger variety of enemies inside to up the fun. The boss (due to previously mentioned large amounts of these) will be a large crab, like the one found on the shore of Port Royal except harder to kill.
View attachment 89015
Isla Perdida
This is the problem island, there are barely any quests that lead here, the last time I remember seeing someone else EVEN ON ABASSA on the island with me was back in POTCO days. This Island is 100% a wasted island, and that should be addressed by adding a Cell on it. This would draw players to the Island and wasted no more!

Enemies
This island is notorious for the large amount of wasps that swarm it. Add in some Stumps, some Fly Traps and Alligators and you have a proper challenge!
Cuba is one of my favorite of the main islands, although there is one reason this is on the list. This is because of the large swamp land that covers 75% of the playable area.
This space, like I've said is wasted! There could be so many cool things located here but Disney failed to fill it! Now that TLOPO has taken the reins, they have the ability to fix this poor mistake and add more to the game!

Enemies
This island is another insect, non-human infested island, and the Cell should follow this theme. There could be things like bats added as well, just a thought!.
I know, this place already has some lvl 20-40 enemies, its not as bad as the other islands, right?
NO. WRONG.
It leads to a boring little storage room, with no enemies, no loot, and no super sick boss!

WHY!
It literally serves no purpose (that I know of). If it is there for the searchable boxes, there are plenty of boxes throughout the castle.

Enemies
Kingshead is home of the Navy and EITC, these folks would occupy the entirety of the interior Cell.

View attachment 89022
Cell Wardens
I've decided that players could get a quest to complete while in the Cell, or just go in for the grind. There will be NPC's located outside the Cell entrance who will give you this quest. I've used Cassandra as an example. Who knows, maybe they will even have a shop where you can access special loot somehow!

At the End...
At the end of the Cell, after killing the boss and all the minions, the players would exit through another cave live entrance that would TP the players back to the entrance of the cell.

Comment below what Islands you'd like to see with Cells added, and any suggestions you might have to make this idea superior!

-Grey Vice

*Please Note*
I put in a good amount of effort into making all the visuals and creating this idea,
If you don't like the idea, keep in mind if it is added, you do NOT have to use the option.

i LOVE this idea mate
i think it would be better to have the dungeons being a seperate zone you can crew up and get tped into, in the style of the black pearl boss fight. I also think some small storylines should be added to the dungeons, just for immersion. For example, a trek through the swamps of cuba (which is an idea i love!) to raid an undead/navy/eitc camp that's hoarding voodoo artifacts. Youd make your way through the swamp fending off creatures and undead/navy/eitc (whoever's camp it is), with some mini bosses and then a big boss. I think famed and legendary weapons should have a chance to drop as part of the loot, along with clothes gold and mats. just to give high level players some incentive and something other than mindlessly grinding at tormenta to do.

I like the idea, but would like to have some I could solo. Maybe, there could be a consequence of a particular raid or two. Say something like raiding Jolly Rogers' Island has a very low percent chance to cause a Port Royal Invasion?

I prefer the more open format of the current game. That said, I've always loved the QAR and Pearl boss battles and aren't they kind of what you are suggesting? I would be for more things like those but not for isolating different lvl players or guaranteeing a great weapon for a victory.

How would this work AFTER defeating the boss? Another tier of enemies? or you have to restart. It boots you out of the " mini game" ?
Perhaps a rotating item per instance? Or your previous drop will be recognized and you won't get a dupe. Or, the game lists what is dropped and you then can choose that instance to go in, and by pass what you already have.

Or, you can trade what you got last time and try for something different? Oh darn, we can't trade yet.

I do think having more than just level 50 dungeons would be great, maybe like a level 1-10, level 20-30 and then a level 50?
Exactly, but then we are playing WOW, only with pirates. But it's only fair all should be able to enjoy this feature.

And obviously, we would be allowed to choose crew as well as random matched instances.

View attachment 89011

I propose adding Cells.

View attachment 89017
Rare (75%)
Famed (22%)
Legendary (3%)

Loot would be dropped by the enemies you kill, rather than collecting a reward after the event.
View attachment 89014
Devils Anvil

Enemies
View attachment 89015
Isla Perdida

Enemies

Enemies
NO. WRONG.

WHY!

Enemies

View attachment 89022
Cell Wardens

At the End...
At the end of the Cell, after killing the boss and all the minions, the players would exit through another cave live entrance that would TP the players back to the entrance of the cell.

-Grey Vice

*Please Note*

Okay, I just had a thought...and no, it didn't hurt.

I would imagine putting dungeons, cells or instances into the game may be a huge endeavor. But perhaps the dev's could utilize whats already in the game to just try and give people a taste of what it could be. We have the french and spanish islands and quests already right?
How about we use those as the instances? Say, you and a crew choose to be spanish, click start cell, and the game automatically sets up the french as your opponent. People can gather on the spanish island, you load up a ship or two, and sail across to the french. We could sink a random number of ships on the way, perhaps tie that to being able to advance onto the island itself, and we would be like a reverse jolly roger invasion and take the island, which may have multi bosses, creatures and hurdles to jump before a big boss or two final battle.

My thinking is maybe a lot of the code is in game with the french and spanish data that this could be done to see how it goes. I think I've read where potco had something similar to this idea, and if true, perhaps a lot is already there.

Just a thought.

I would imagine putting dungeons, cells or instances into the game may be a huge endeavor. But perhaps the dev's could utilize whats already in the game to just try and give people a taste of what it could be. We have the french and spanish islands and quests already right?
How about we use those as the instances? Say, you and a crew choose to be spanish, click start cell, and the game automatically sets up the french as your opponent. People can gather on the spanish island, you load up a ship or two, and sail across to the french. We could sink a random number of ships on the way, perhaps tie that to being able to advance onto the island itself, and we would be like a reverse jolly roger invasion and take the island, which may have multi bosses, creatures and hurdles to jump before a big boss or two final battle.

My thinking is maybe a lot of the code is in game with the french and spanish data that this could be done to see how it goes. I think I've read where potco had something similar to this idea, and if true, perhaps a lot is already there.

Just a thought.
ooh, i really really like this idea. i think it may work better with pirates doing it to kingshead/an undead island or something, but i really like this idea. god thatd be fun lol

Just a thought.

What would be the difference between this and Pirates of the Burning Seas?

What would be the difference between this and Pirates of the Burning Seas?
I don't know, never really checked out potbs. I looked at it and decided I didn't like twitch pirate play. People are just talking about wanting to do dungeon/cell stuff like that.
And you can compare this to a jillion other mmo's as well. Is anything original any more?

I saw this image in the TLOPO Beta Screenshots Thread, and though this was simply a temporary glitch in the game's functionality, it also gives me a reason to reply to this thread with an idea that the screenshot gave me.

screenshot_2018-09-09_16-31-58-jpg.108955

I would love (If this whole idea were to be implemented.) a much tougher version of this boss in a Tortuga Cell that involved an enhanced version Wildwoods, possibly with a Lv55 Malicioso and a hoard of lesserly Lv50 Scorpions as minions to his or her servitude.

To all the people commenting on this thread who haven't before, please, add your ideas to this! It is a great concept and I could see something of the sort very much viable in-game in the future!

Back