Suggestion TLOPO Dungeons (aka Cells)

Would you participate in a Cell with fellow pirates @ level 50 if the concept were added?

• Total voters

Grey Vice

Greeter
Cell Title.png

Level 50 Pirates, this one is for you...
Cells aka Dungeons in TLOPO would be a great addition.
Why? You might ask. Well because, as pirates level themselves up more and more, there are fewer challenges for them to encounter. A majority of enemies are too weak for end-game pirates. These people have put in countless hours to master every skill in the game, why should they give up on playing once there is nothing left to do?

I propose adding Cells.

Cells will be dungeons where high level pirates can fight high level enemies (lvl. 45-55 maybe even higher if more levels are added) for a challenge!
Having an activity like this will give the Master Pirates a proper fight.

Not only will the Cells allow for more fun within TLOPO, if they're placed in the more remote, and less traveled to locations, players will travel back to these areas instead of them being wasted space.

So, what exactly happens in Cells?
You and a Crew, fight your way through a cavern/area full of lvl 50ish enemies, working toward an end boss (the boss will me slightly harder than the average world bosses). After you kill this boss, you will receive a Rare, Famed, or even Legendary item.
enemies.png

ENEMIES
In order to create an immersive game-play experience in The Legend of Pirates Online, I believe it would be smart to have similar (yet higher level) enemies as the rest of the Island, to provide a believable event. Or, we can create new mobs to defeat! One I think would be really awesome are spiders! (Suggestions for enemy types listed with Islands)

Loot 2.png

I know everyone only cares about loot, so here are the drop rates* I'd suggest...
Rare (75%)
Famed (22%)
Legendary (3%)
This activity is supposed to be a challenge! No flimsy Common weapons here!

*DROP RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Loot would be dropped by the enemies you kill, rather than collecting a reward after the event.
Here are some suggestions for locations...
Devils Anvil Entrence.png

Devils Anvil
I chose this location because of the exterior. Half of the island is unused and yearning for something new. This area is only used with level 1-5 pirates at the beginning, and being one of the few islands in the Caribbean I think it is important that we fill these places with as much to do as possible.

Enemies
Because on this Island, there are mostly scorpions, and crabs, I'd suggest having a rocky jungle area. This would allow the developers to add a larger variety of enemies inside to up the fun. The boss (due to previously mentioned large amounts of these) will be a large crab, like the one found on the shore of Port Royal except harder to kill.
Isla Perdida Entrence.png

Isla Perdida
This is the problem island, there are barely any quests that lead here, the last time I remember seeing someone else EVEN ON ABASSA on the island with me was back in POTCO days. This Island is 100% a wasted island, and that should be addressed by adding a Cell on it. This would draw players to the Island and wasted no more!

Enemies
This island is notorious for the large amount of wasps that swarm it. Add in some Stumps, some Fly Traps and Alligators and you have a proper challenge!
Cuba Entrence.png

Cuba
Cuba is one of my favorite of the main islands, although there is one reason this is on the list. This is because of the large swamp land that covers 75% of the playable area.
Screenshot_1.png
This space, like I've said is wasted! There could be so many cool things located here but Disney failed to fill it! Now that TLOPO has taken the reins, they have the ability to fix this poor mistake and add more to the game!

Enemies
This island is another insect, non-human infested island, and the Cell should follow this theme. There could be things like bats added as well, just a thought!.
Kingshead Entrence.png

Kingshead
I know, this place already has some lvl 20-40 enemies, its not as bad as the other islands, right?
NO. WRONG.
See that little door in the picture? Can you guess where this door leads?
It leads to a boring little storage room, with no enemies, no loot, and no super sick boss!

WHY!
It literally serves no purpose (that I know of). If it is there for the searchable boxes, there are plenty of boxes throughout the castle.

Enemies
Kingshead is home of the Navy and EITC, these folks would occupy the entirety of the interior Cell.

Cell Warden.png

Cell Wardens
I've decided that players could get a quest to complete while in the Cell, or just go in for the grind. There will be NPC's located outside the Cell entrance who will give you this quest. I've used Cassandra as an example. Who knows, maybe they will even have a shop where you can access special loot somehow!

At the End...
At the end of the Cell, after killing the boss and all the minions, the players would exit through another cave live entrance that would TP the players back to the entrance of the cell.

Comment below what Islands you'd like to see with Cells added, and any suggestions you might have to make this idea superior!

-Grey Vice

*Please Note*
I put in a good amount of effort into making all the visuals and creating this idea,
If you don't like the idea, keep in mind if it is added, you do NOT have to use the option.

COMMENTER'S SUGGESTIONS (@The Crew )
-Increase DMG Res. of enemies due to 'overpowered' weapons.
-Use previous unused models for Cells
-Add a 'ship v ship' oriented Cell for naval combat!
-Possible short/temporary storyline aspect to it! (A small quest giving the Cell meaning rather than it just
being there)
-Add some form of 'Influence' that is earned from playing cells (similar to gold) that can be used to buy weapons and clothing from the Wardens.

Last edited:
+1. I'll edit this comment in the future with ideas on how to improve this, but for the time being, I have no complaint. Great job!

The late-game is already quite the breeze, especially if your skill points are allocated for maximum damage like mine are. Let's take a powerful gun, with five points in shoot, take aim, silver and steel shot, and most enemies will fall in a single hit with bosses taking a few more. Grenades are already tactical nukes and can deal massive damage with proper skill point allocation, and can be used to damage a group of enemies more effectively than a blunderbuss can.

Either give these enemies strong damage resistance, or force us to deal with more baser combat capabilities.

The late-game is already quite the breeze, especially if your skill points are allocated for maximum damage like mine are. Let's take a powerful gun, with five points in shoot, take aim, silver and steel shot, and most enemies will fall in a single hit with bosses taking a few more. Grenades are already tactical nukes and can deal massive damage with proper skill point allocation, and can be used to damage a group of enemies more effectively than a blunderbuss can.

Either give these enemies strong damage resistance, or force us to deal with more baser combat capabilities.

High-level enemies my man, a lot stronger than ones you'd find outside of the Cell. The enemy's dmg resistance is out of my control though, I'll add it as a note!

EDIT: The devs could also balance weapons but eww, who likes that.

I like this idea. You certainly hit the nail on the head with those islands; they're practically useless after level ten, save for Isla Perdida, which is useless after the Black Pearl Quest. Maybe we could also include the locations that are only found in PvP sessions, such as the lava cavern. As for Devil's Anvil, I think, personally of course, that it might be even more exciting if we got to battle things out in the Grotto. I've always wanted to have a huge battle in a cave full of treasure, and the Cursed Caverns just don't cut it for me. There's a certain aesthetic to Barbossa's Grotto that appeals to me, I suppose.

Definitely support. I remember that as a max level pirate, just farming Darkheard and Tormenta got boring after a while.

So it's somewhat similar to a WoW raid. A very difficult challenge, but the reward is a higher than normal chance to get a good item. I like it.

Side idea: I also think guns, daggers, dolls, and staves are really lacking in legendary items. I'd like to see a "shard" mechanic added. And by that I mean, let's say 1 of 3 pieces of a weapon having to be re-crafted into the whole thing. These different pieces would be a potential drop from one of the cell bosses.

I think these should be heavily difficult, or as I like to call it TEAM BASED. While having less people should be scaled to be easier, every enemy should at least be almost a boss, this encourages people to actually start thinking of actual gameplay rather than just strategizing what you should be farming and when like how most of the game is. For example, most enemies would be difficult to fight on your own without getting downed, so an obvious solution would be to have a dedicated healer and someone to help protect your healer.

I think this is a great idea. I love the concept of dungeons and such being added into this to give maxed players something else to do. But, as Redeemer said, they should be very difficult. There could also be certain levels of difficulty, with the easiest having enemies lvl 20-30, and the hardest having only level 50s, and some bosses thrown in for good measure. As a reward for it, you get gold, and at the end of each one, a clothing item, jewelry piece, or a tattoo that is unique to that dungeon level. At the highest level of dungeon, there's a chance for a powerful weapon.

This would be awesome! Having a true purpose to build to as a lower level pirate would be huge! It would give a true end game feel to the game and the rewards should be fitting of that. For this, tho, there should be a LOT of high level enemies and bosses, maybe in stages or waves. Not all enemies at once, kind of like fighting jolly roger used to be

it would be a good idea to make entering them be like joining the black pearl boss fight, where your whole crew gets an invite and can join you. So it doesnt end up how like foulberto smasho was in potco. With absolutely everyone there fighting. there could also be entrance keys that you can find in normal looting or a treasure map with riddles to solve.

This would be a great addition to the game, in my opinion.

Although, not everyone likes to play in large groups. If it was appropriately 'scaled' to match the size of the crew that would be great, or at the very least let it still be accessible by smaller groups (ie 2+ people).
....I would support the idea even without scaling because I think it would work very well in TLoPO as endgame content. But as someone who mostly plays solo or as a duo ....well....I'd like to be able to play it too without needing to join a large crew :)

I look forward for this happening. Even though I'm nowhere near Level 50, I'm sure this will keep the high leveled players entertained... just make them different. Don't just buff the enemies. You should give them a new mechanic too like AOE.

Back