Blog Post TLOPO EXCLUSIVE: HOLLOWED WOODS

Yud8Uct.jpg
Ahoy, everyone!

We have a huge announcement for you all today! The Legend of Pirates Online’s very first original content expansion is coming out THIS Halloween! Introducing... Hollowed Woods!

We’re so excited to finally share this project with you, the community. And what better day to release it than the 10th anniversary of Pirates of the Caribbean Online! This is a huge milestone for our community, and we wanted to celebrate it in a big way!

Now, we know that there is a lot more left to complete in the main game. It is far from perfect, with some pesky bugs and features missing from the original game. But don’t you worry! Hollowed Woods has not affected development in either of those areas.

For the majority of this year, Hollowed Woods was developed exclusively by our content and storyline development teams. Two additional game developers were brought on to help us finish it up within the past month, but the rest of the team has been full speed ahead with development of the main game!

So, what exactly is Hollowed Woods? Well, it is many things! For one, it’s a brand new area in the game. You can even see the entry arch for it already in King’s Run on Port Royal. Go check it out for yourself!

The area used to be a bustling mining village before some… strange things began to occur. Miners and citizens started to go missing in the dead of night. Others reported seeing devilish red eyes floating about the town. After a particularly horrific incident, the miners blocked off the entrance to the village from the rest of the island, so the evil could not escape. But as of late, Jolly Roger’s minions have been clawing their way in. We don’t expect the blockage to hold for much longer.

So, what else comes with the update? For one, a brand new quest, “A Haunting in Hollowed Woods.” It will be available for anyone at any level.

In addition, over 50 new items will be available. We won’t get into detail about what these items are just yet. We’ll save that surprise for launch day. But let’s just say… there’s something for everyone!

Beyond that, there are a few more surprises in store. New bosses and NPCs are scattered about Hollowed Woods. There are also three new material types to acquire. How? Well, we’ll just leave that as another surprise. If you want a sneak peek, you can already preview them in your inventory’s materials pouch.

Oh, and one more thing. Hollowed Woods is a temporary area. It will be available until December 31st, but will be back next Halloween!

Well, that’s just about it, mates! We’ll see you on October 31st!

Happy Halloween!

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Last edited:
:bounce:This is so exciting!

You guys must be like cats on a hot tin roof right now....excited, nervous......you've worked on this for a long time and to finally have your first batch of totally new area/items/quest etc going live!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've come up with and how it fits into the existing story line.
:woot:Well Done,Thank You all and Good Luck for a glitch free launch :ghost:

Wow!! This is not just a release of a few items or a quest for Halloween but 50 new items! A new place, a new quest and bosses!! This is huge!!
Congratulations TLOPO team!! This is another big milestone for you and I m sure many others feel as privileged as I do the be here in these exciting times of the games development and testing!!

Can't wait to check it all out! Thank you for all you hard work and dedication! <3

Out of curiosity, is it Hollowed Woods, or Hallowed Woods?

oh lol, I'm surprised I didn't notice that myself.
I'm assuming Hollowed as that is what has been used in all the announcements and throughout news articles about it.

Plot twist :The new area is actually a hollow pumpkin with a solitary ghost :p
(this was said as a joke...for those that missed the :p at the end there)

Will I be able to make my pirate look exactly like me ( <-- <-- <-- ) ?

Everyone: NO.

Dang it. Can I at least have an orange skull tattoo face so I look like a pumpkin head Sans?

Back