Discussion TLOPO: Fishing Overhaul (Discussion)

Misha

Site Founder
Ahoy folks,

Today I wanted to grab some food for thought regarding a similar thread posted by @Eric Sailcutter (linked here). On a similar note, potions will require merit toward its own discussion thread later, however, I want to primarily focus on Fishing today.

FISHING in The Legend of Pirates Online (as well as POTCO, but we'll stick to present day for now) is widely regarded by a vast majority of the community as a stale, hastily made minigame in which the player is tasked with clicking to drop the hook and lure into the water from a dock (or fishing boat). Upon finding a fish that the player would like to reel to the surface, they must contend with holding their LMB while making sure to release their grip when a fish begins to tug and struggle on the line. Not a very interesting style of gameplay, I think we can agree.

Legendary fish change this up (when they appear) with a new set of fishing mechanics that loosely resemble what the actual activity looks like, and is much more interactive by comparison.

Here's my question: If you could do any and every change to Fishing in TLOPO, would you change individual aspects of the activity, or create it anew? Explain.

Just a thought ..... When Potco added fishing It was my go to spot to get some decent starter weapons for my lil noobs but they no longer exist nor does any clothes at all ! Maybe ye could add some weapons by tier of fish level and start with a few rares at lower level and progress from there to the end with some famed of IDK ?? Each pole upgrade gives access to larger fish maybe 3 tiers of weapons of sorts ! What about a set of Fishing clothes also ! :jar:?

I would make the legendary fish have a real purpose instead of just dropping a large sum of gold (maybe higher drop chances of good weapons )

I would add an actual fishing skill tree with different skills the player can choose.

I would change fishing rods into actual accessories (like Rams, charts, and globes ) so pirates can fish up special rods that give bigger bonuses.

And maybe I would add a chance to accidentally fish up enemies such as undead pirates or Davy Jones' crew (possibly even some special bosses) that have to be fought on deck and have a possibility of dropping some special weapons

When I played POTBS fishing on that game gave you great mods for legendary fish trade in's(similar to charts,rams,globes). Fish you were able to keep and trade them in for certain consumable items for pvp/svs(tonic's/potions ect). Certain areas had to fish exactly just to get those legendary fish. Fish any Island as well,change up the scenery just not the docks when fishing on land.

Last edited:
Back