Blog Post TLOPO IN HD!

37bb42724a28d48e974c0b2220cfbef6.jpg_558x314.jpg

Ahoy, lads and lasses!

We are pleased to announce that over a hundred in-game textures are now in HD! What does that mean, you ask? Well, let me tell you!

The updated textures will now be a LOT more detailed and clearer. More “HD-y.” (Yes, that really is a word. Google it.)

More pixels in these images means more detail, less grain and blur, and NO effect on lag! “What has changed, I don’t see no difference?” We hear you. Fear not! We will point out some of the changes for ye!

The most notable changes are in: Coats, Shoes, Player Bodies (both Zombie and Regular), and Tattoos (ESPECIALLY PvP tattoos).

Thar be a bit more liveliness in the Caribbean, mates. Things just seem more… in focus than in the past. We should wipe the grog out of our eyes more often!

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

The textures look amazing! :D (display set at medium)

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    367.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    402 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    118.6 KB · Views: 309
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    277.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    14.5 KB · Views: 221
But how does the mood rock look??
Moody, as usual.
Mood Stone and Mood Rock have been called one in the same recently, which is understandable but wrong, so here is the difference:
Mood Stone is the new color-changing rock at Forsaken Shallows, whereas Mood Rock is the once color changing-rock at Port Royal.
If you are talking about Mood Stone, the color changing rock at Forsaken Shallows, then it looks colorful as ever!
The HD really brings out its brightness, and this makes me appreciate the TLOPO team's efforts even more in recreating the game.
This is Mood Stone before HD:
00.png

This is Mood Stone with HD:
0.png

The quality is infinitely better, so Mood Stone is definitely Moody as ever.

Unfortunately, Mood Rock, the color changing rock at Port Royal, still lacks the ability to change color:
0.png

I would rather have a non-HD Mood Rock that changes color than a HD Mood Rock that doesn't.
#BringBackMoodRock
But that is just my opinion.

Nevertheless, TLOPO in HD is still a giant leap forward, and I am curious as to what the future entails for the game.

Must be me but I still see no visible difference? lol
(Apologies but for me to see the difference I need a before and after pic otherwise I really don't see much impact)

Is support for 4k screens on the horizon anywhere? I'm not trying to get you all to make the game all ultra HD or anything, I'd just like to play the game in my monitor's native resolution. Playing in 1080p is a little blurry, and unclear, but if I set it to my native 4k resolution, I only see a section of the screen. That being said, these textures look great, definitely a welcome change! :)

No ones going to have a before and after picture besides staff because none of us saw it coming and have similar screenshot from before to replicate. Technically if you have random SS of things from your game you could mimic old ones, but more then likely a lot of people don't

Must be me but I still see no visible difference? lol
(Apologies but for me to see the difference I need a before and after pic otherwise I really don't see much impact)
My post below had 2 before and afters. After is on the left. Its minor but it makes things look noticeably crisper. Unfortunately they are still using the same UV maps so only so much could be done, but its still noticeable. I don't have any before screenshots of the tattoos but before many of them appeared quite blurry especially around the edges.
Just a few of the improvements. 11/10
View attachment 102594 View attachment 102595

I'm not sure how far they boosted the resolution or if at all. I know most POTCO maps were 256x and saved as .jpg (thanks Disney). Maybe they just cleaned them up and re-saved them as .pngs or another lossless format, not sure.

...Also a lot of people are mistaking unchanged things as changed.

Last edited:
Back