Discussion TLOPO Q/A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that ever been tested? An entire corsair explosive broadside can already take down a War Galleon in one go, so I wouldn't make it that far fetched that a Tally-Ho or a Battle Royale could take a treasure hunter SOTL down in one hit or at the very least, very low. I'm asking out of curiosity.

Also, I like the idea for some ships being enemy exclusive, while all ships can technically be pirate ships, some are much less likely to be one like the SOTL, but are still possible.

if sotl is ever added just make it banned in svs
I used the non-NPC version of the SOTL on our QA server and it took a full explosive broadside from another SOTL and survived.

The first inventory space expansion was very helpful, but with all the new items added since then, will there be a further expansion to give us 3 or 4 pages of space?

Sailing another player's ship causes damage to not be synced with animation (sailing vs. AI mainly). I can get hit by the broadsides even if I'm out of the broadside zone. It can get frustrating to newer players trying to sail a bigger warship, while not having enough ship speed to avoid the animation damage sync . My current in-game solution to this is to quickly max windcatcher, so it pretty much will just feel like I'm sailing my own ship (usually what I do when I level a new pirate).

Are there any explanations or future solutions to this discrepancy? I assume it's related to game engine, latency, etc.

@Boots/Darkness has a relevant post about this in the glitches section. I thought it might be helpful to address it here too. https://piratesforums.co/threads/sailing-when-not-ship-owner.29624/#post-384252

The first inventory space expansion was very helpful, but with all the new items added since then, will there be a further expansion to give us 3 or 4 pages of space?
I guess to expand a little more on @John Macbatten’s reply, I’ll say this:

More inventory pages is something we very much want to do. We know you guys want it badly, and we want it too. With all the brights and peddler outfits and all the weapons we’ve added over time, more inventory space is needed.

The reason we haven’t added more pages yet is due to storage space on our servers. We set up the infrastructure in code for new pages with expansion in mind. It should be quite easy to add a third page or more going forward. It’s just a matter of server storage.

So, we don’t have an exact date and we can’t confirm that it’s coming any time soon, but we can promise you it is like our #1 thing on our list of stuff to add. We haven’t forgotten about it.

There is, up in the high reaches of Kingshead, an apparently whole village, tavern and stores abandoned and seems still in good condition.
Everything is still standing, may need some paint and such. But is there any plans to bring this area back to life?

I would like to buy the whole villa and then I could charge the navy and eitc obscene exorbitant amounts of gold for goods. And I'm sure that Scarlet can be persuaded to set up a nice barber shop there as well.

Last edited:
There is, up in the high reaches of Kingshead, an apparently whole village, tavern and stores abandoned and seems still in good condition.
Everything is still standing, may need some paint and such. But is there any plans to bring this area back to life?

I would like to buy the whole villa and then I could charge the navy and eitc obscene exorbitant amounts of gold for goods. And I'm sure that Scarlet can be persuaded to set up a nice barber shop there as well.
What an excellent idea!

What an excellent idea!
there's a kingshead revamp coming eventually. maybe they'll utilize it or remodel it entirely.

Ok so I have been on the topic for the sotl for awhile and all I do is sail my cannon and sailing are maxed ship combat is different than land combat ship combat you actually have to think and plan ahead svs is heavily on that fighting a enemy on land is just hack and slash or just spam boring I would love to see new ships I would love to see the sotl come out it's a love and hate relationship there are people that hate it and people who love it the sotl is a ship that takes skill to sail like the galleon takes skill to sail due to its size the sotl is perfectly balanced slow speed and horrible turning is a con broadsides and cannon plus armor and cargo space a pro in svs it be a perfectly balance ship I've taken down several tally ho and battle royals in just a few secs so how is it they have more health and speed and are taking down like it's nothing I don't under stand how it's not balanced or game breaking tlopo need new content which is the same reason why potco died and tlopo is losing players by the day and if tlopo has close to 500000 registered plays and over 54 percent of those want the sotl as a player ship like it's already in the files just put it out for public use if people don't want it they don't have to buy it but for those that do they can get it

Ok so if anyone is having any doubts about the sotl let's talk svs. Svs is a skill based match making svs is a gamble each player sets up there skills differently so it's not a guaranteed win you could get a complete noob someone as equal skilled as you or someone more advance pvp is like that to you don't know who your going up against I've seen light sloops take down warships and sotl buy being up right beside them there is an art to svs sloops and Brigs are the easiest to use they take no skill frigates are a little harder to use less speed and turning galleons are harder but that's the base versions then comes upgrades take a streamlined or stormchaser war galleon your actually hard to hit ya your big but your also fast then comes your skill tree this is why svs is not a guaranteed win not like NPCs that turn in a circle like I have a war brig streamlined 3 and I get behind the sotls and there sitting ducks the player ship of the line has 20k health and 24 cargo space that's perfect for playing with friends the sotl has no upgrades that's fine it doesn't need any so how is the sotl not balanced or how is it game breaking like those that say this ship isn't suitable for svs or is game breaking I guarantee haven't played svs other wise they would know this all ships have an art to them Brigs ya can use easily no skill sloops are easy but there low health makes it a bit more challenging than the brig the frigate is an intermediate ship and the sotl and galleon are an expert difficulty type skill ship all these people who say that the sotl is game breaking or not balanced are just jumping on the band wagon from other people they never touched svs long enough to get to understand how svs works

When will the carrack come out for live is that a ship that's in the process of being completed like figure heads? If so is the carrack gonna come out in 3 types light regular and war?

When will the carrack come out for live is that a ship that's in the process of being completed like figure heads? If so is the carrack gonna come out in 3 types light regular and war?
The Carrack is currently present on our QA servers. As far as I'm aware, there needs to be some reworking done on stats and scaling of the actual ship models. It isn't necessarily tied in with figureheads releasing, but it would be neat to release them at the same time. There will be light/medium/war variants of it.

The Carrack is currently present on our QA servers. As far as I'm aware, there needs to be some reworking done on stats and scaling of the actual ship models. It isn't necessarily tied in with figureheads releasing, but it would be neat to release them at the same time. There will be light/medium/war variants of it.
So just a random question when the brig came out it was a hybrid ship of all 3 original warships is the carrack gonna be a hybrid ship also carracks were cargo ships but just curious is it gonna be a hybrid between the galleon and frigate?

So just a random question when the brig came out it was a hybrid ship of all 3 original warships is the carrack gonna be a hybrid ship also carracks were cargo ships but just curious is it gonna be a hybrid between the galleon and frigate?

Hi! We've put the Carrack on hold for now because we aren't completely happy with the final designs. It's a little too big, for one, and there are some visual bugs. It probably would've been easier to just craft our own ship type, but we wanted to honor the player requests for the Carrack - since folks have been asking since like 2010.

As for stats, I don't necessarily have specific stats for you, as they're very much up in the air. But our general goal for it is to be as follows:

Similar cargo space to the Galleon, but faster and with less armor. The galleon has a lot of cargo space, and is slow and armored up. We wanted to play with that meta a little bit and have a faster loot-run oriented ship, but with the caveat that its armor is weaker.

And if I'm being honest, we think the Brig stats are a bit overpowered. It's supposed to be a "jack-of-all-trades but a master of none," but Disney's internal stats have it set to be superior to basically every other ship type.

Also, don't believe the stats shown to you in-game. Disney code does a bunch of weird things to obfuscate the actual stats of each ship type. What you see in your ship panel and in the Shipwright shop are not the real stats for any of the ships out there. It's not that they're complete lies, but they aren't that accurate either.

EDIT: And yes, Carrack will be available as Light, Regular, and War.

Can TLOPO please put a permanent "spot/ray" light on Scary Mary?

Thank you.

We have something else in mind. It's been an internal staff easter egg / jumpscare, but with an upcoming QOL feature, it'll actually be available for everyone.

(This isn't a huge feature, but it's a funny little thing with Scary Mary)

Hi! We've put the Carrack on hold for now because we aren't completely happy with the final designs. It's a little too big, for one, and there are some visual bugs. It probably would've been easier to just craft our own ship type, but we wanted to honor the player requests for the Carrack - since folks have been asking since like 2010.

As for stats, I don't necessarily have specific stats for you, as they're very much up in the air. But our general goal for it is to be as follows:

Similar cargo space to the Galleon, but faster and with less armor. The galleon has a lot of cargo space, and is slow and armored up. We wanted to play with that meta a little bit and have a faster loot-run oriented ship, but with the caveat that its armor is weaker.

And if I'm being honest, we think the Brig stats are a bit overpowered. It's supposed to be a "jack-of-all-trades but a master of none," but Disney's internal stats have it set to be superior to basically every other ship type.

Also, don't believe the stats shown to you in-game. Disney code does a bunch of weird things to obfuscate the actual stats of each ship type. What you see in your ship panel and in the Shipwright shop are not the real stats for any of the ships out there. It's not that they're complete lies, but they aren't that accurate either.

EDIT: And yes, Carrack will be available as Light, Regular, and War.
So here's another question I know it's a love and hate relationship but do you think it would be possible to put the sotl in the game as a temporary ship to keep players engaged in sailing until you have the proper finished carrack to add to the game then take the sotl out and maybe later in the games lifetime add the sotl back when the sailing content gets stale again just to keep players engaged and keeps the game fresh and keeps players hooked just a random question I know you guys don't have any intention of releasing the ship but you do have the actual ship on the files it was released in potco test servers for a day all it needs is to be tweaked and you have yourself a new ship just an honest opinion and I know there are gonna be people that want it and people who don't I'm just trying to keep the game fresh and engaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back