Discussion TLOPO Q/A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an extreme hypothetical. It would depend on what is being said. However, the report feature takes all of two seconds to utilize.

We've reminded players that the report feature exists many times. New players may be unaware of the feature, sure. I guess writing another prompt will help. However, the vast majority of the new players are POTCO players that have just discovered TLOPO. We have an upcoming feature for our website that will have articles on how to do various things in TLOPO (sort of like a Help Center), I'll check to see if a tutorial on how to report a player will be on it.

In truth, no. However, our queue system has yet to fail in the two+ years it has existed. In regards to our report system being breached, that has also never happened and I'm not aware of any attempts either. If you're aware of any security vulnerabilities with our report system, please let us know! We make every effort to ensure that our game is secure.

Whenever we alter the report system, we test it on our QA server. Changes we make to the game are noted in our release notes which you can sift through here: https://tlopo.com/releases/

Yes.

Every ban/mute/warn is logged in our system, creating a "paper trail" of sorts. In the event that a moderator acts incorrectly, we have internal procedures on how to handle that. If you're asking if moderators have a boss, yes, they do. There are Senior Moderators and a Lead Moderator.

As I said above, there's a "paper trail" that would show instances of bias. Senior Moderators could look through the reports that the moderator did as well as bans, warns, and mutes. Chat logs have to be attached in all three of those categories of punishment.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Since the game is still in BETA, will everything reset upon the game's full release?

Since the game is still in BETA, will everything reset upon the game's full release?

Nope nope a million times nope. These are your pirates. They ain't going anywhere. We wouldn't be that cruel! :)

What does TLOPO think about 4th and 5th tier loot containers? Is this something you guys have been working on at all and should we expect to see them anytime soon?

Not right now. Maybe down the line, but we don't see any reason to add them at the moment.

Anything known yet about the rewards people would get if they redeemed a beta key?
Or alpha players tbh.

Anyway ill ask the question which probably everyone has but nobody knows to ask yet, soooo
for the next "chapter" of the story aka the Isla Escondida involved quest, will the black pearl quest be required to be able to do that quest?
Asking on behalf of everyone who hasn't done it I guess.

Will we see a continuation to the RC quest? Specifically regarding the "Evil Curse of Doom".

IIRC there was another expansion planned by Disney that involved that which is why we got the emote at the end of the RC quest

Will we see a continuation to the RC quest? Specifically regarding the "Evil Curse of Doom".

IIRC there was another expansion planned by Disney that involved that which is why we got the emote at the end of the RC quest
We have a pretty good idea of where Disney was going to go following Raven's Cove. We have a general outline of where we plan to go in regards to the storyline, and a few other loose ends Disney left behind are first on the docket when it comes to new quests. We do eventually plan to continue the story after Raven's Cove though. When? We can't say. Stay tuned.

Or alpha players tbh.

Anyway ill ask the question which probably everyone has but nobody knows to ask yet, soooo
for the next "chapter" of the story aka the Isla Escondida involved quest, will the black pearl quest be required to be able to do that quest?
The very next story quest coming out will require completion of the Black Pearl Story Quest in some form, but we're discussing ways to make it easier to complete and/or partially skippable so you don't have to go through that whole quest. We'll have more details down the road.

The very next story quest coming out will require completion of the Black Pearl Story Quest in some form, but we're discussing ways to make it easier to complete and/or partially skippable so you don't have to go through that whole quest. We'll have more details down the road.
Honestly this is kind of worrying. The way it stands right now it feels like the BP quest exists for no other reason than to give the islands and potco characters to exist in the game.

The Quest is really unrewarding and you can actually level up faster just by killing enemies.

Is there any plan to overhaul this quest and make it a bit more rewarding? even if it means just increasing rep gain it would be more worth doing than just grinding enemies to hit 50

Would you know / estimate / be able to release what % of users have completed the BP quest on at least one of their pirates? In response to your earlier quote regarding requiring it be completed.

Will there be some way to allow your alts to have the benefits of one of your characters finishing BP? Most players would probably never do it more than once...

Anything known yet about the rewards people would get if they redeemed a beta key?
Or alpha players tbh.

Someone asked a Customer Support rep earlier tonight during the event and she said that the reward will be given upon full release of the game.

My last 3 pirates I saved Pearl quest for last after All weapons where Mastered , something to do other then Grind 5 levels to 50 ! lol Fishing also got moved back , Do til 8 then save til last unless I needs some quick lazy gold ! lol

Last edited:
Will we ever see released transparent background images of the new weapon models? A lot of people like to use those in graphic design projects like signatures.

@Bort Greasegorb I'll do you one better, mate! Courtesy of the crew, I've been allowed to pack together Weapon Sprites, Skills, and of course models of the new weapons released with Hollowed Woods and Forsaken Shallows. This also includes inventory sprites, weapon cards with text palettes, and more.

(This will also be posted on the Custom Weapons Thread for those looking to utilize this for their own creations too!)

Weapons Template: https://bit.ly/2WDlo13
(Dropbox shortened link)

Everything included shown here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back