Discussion TLOPO Q/A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a more detailed post coming later on today which will be replying to all of the other questions, but I'd like to comment on one in particular before hand:

Background: The looting system evaluate multiple pieces of information, such as weapon levels, quest history, and random numbers. We apply each piece of the data in the form of a "weight". The loot calculation server code gathers this information, processes it, and returns the final loot result. The server then will make this information available to the player, which would be in the form of dropping a loot container from the enemy that you can interact with.

Damage dealt and/or player health is not a metric in used in the looting system.

We purposely decided to not use this as a metric early on in 2015 or 2016. We believe that our players are stronger together; and that there is no "I" in team. If we want to keep our community strong and growing, we need to keep them working together, helping each other, working to achieve the same goal. If we used damage dealt as a metric, it would be self-defeating for the community.

Therefore, the only qualification to receive loot is whether you participated at some point during the battle. Your quality of loot is not impacted by the amount of participation either. A player who dealt 99% of the damage will have their loot processed in the exact same way as a player who dealt 1%. I believe this also extends to healers as well; because even if they never attacked the enemy itself, they still assisted in battle.

We will be posting again later on, feel free to drop more questions and we'll see what we can answer.
Do you have a rough release date for Carrack addition? What I mean by rough release date is for example << insert month1, insert month2>> or to be more specific for example September - October. This isn't to say that if you say a certain interval, no matter how big or small, I will say oh but it didn't come out then your talking trash. I am just looking for a time, which I understand can be met with delays.

Last edited:
We have a more detailed post coming later on today which will be replying to all of the other questions, but I'd like to comment on one in particular before hand:

Background: The looting system evaluate multiple pieces of information, such as weapon levels, quest history, and random numbers. We apply each piece of the data in the form of a "weight". The loot calculation server code gathers this information, processes it, and returns the final loot result. The server then will make this information available to the player, which would be in the form of dropping a loot container from the enemy that you can interact with.

Damage dealt and/or player health is not a metric in used in the looting system.

We purposely decided to not use this as a metric early on in 2015 or 2016. We believe that our players are stronger together; and that there is no "I" in team. If we want to keep our community strong and growing, we need to keep them working together, helping each other, working to achieve the same goal. If we used damage dealt as a metric, it would be self-defeating for the community.

Therefore, the only qualification to receive loot is whether you participated at some point during the battle. Your quality of loot is not impacted by the amount of participation either. A player who dealt 99% of the damage will have their loot processed in the exact same way as a player who dealt 1%. I believe this also extends to healers as well; because even if they never attacked the enemy itself, they still assisted in battle.

We will be posting again later on, feel free to drop more questions and we'll see what we can answer.
Will the future post elaborate on what metrics is in 'quest history'? Because at first I thought that contridicted what Mr. Teague said just prior about the game not tracking what you opened, and now I think he clearly meant 'containers' opened which may indeed not be part of 'quest history'. Would this be clarified please?
Thanks.

Do you have a rough release date for Carrack addition? What I mean by rough release date is for example << insert month1, insert month2>> or to be more specific for example September - October. This isn't to say that if you say a certain interval, no matter how big or small, I will say oh but it didn't come out then your talking trash. I am just looking for a time, which I understand can be met with delays.
No date at all, there’s not even a rough estimate internally amongst our team.

Will the future post elaborate on what metrics is in 'quest history'? Because at first I thought that contridicted what Mr. Teague said just prior about the game not tracking what you opened, and now I think he clearly meant 'containers' opened which may indeed not be part of 'quest history'. Would this be clarified please?
Thanks.
When you say quest, are you referring to checks for things like the second hollowed woods quest or the Ravens cove quest to see if a certain player has access to certain weapons in the loot pool?

Yes, Mr. Dev meant that our system checks to make sure someone completed the Raven’s Cove quest. If they didn’t, they have a 0% chance to get a cursed item. That’s the only quest factor at the moment.

Yes, Mr. Dev meant that our system checks to make sure someone completed the Raven’s Cove quest. If they didn’t, they have a 0% chance to get a cursed item. That’s the only quest factor at the moment.
but but storm sphere

and weapons that aren't sword

Will we see anything new with voodoo staffs? Apart from the new purchasable ones from Hollowed Woods and Yuletide Manor events, the only new lootable staff is the Frostedge staff. (But only during the Yuletide Manor Event) There are many unreleased staffs and I'm curious if there is a plan to release some of these. (Kinda like when POTCO released the throwing knives)
Side Note: how about an Onyx Curse buff ;)

What is the possibility of a Tlopo meet and greet? Seeing as how TTR has had one, why can't we!

Will we see anything new with voodoo staffs? Apart from the new purchasable ones from Hollowed Woods and Yuletide Manor events, the only new lootable staff is the Frostedge staff. (But only during the Yuletide Manor Event) There are many unreleased staffs and I'm curious if there is a plan to release some of these. (Kinda like when POTCO released the throwing knives)
Side Note: how about an Onyx Curse buff ;)
Perhaps down the road, we haven't discussed creating new staves recently. I'd say there is a good chance that we will release more eventually.
Oh wise and all-knowing devs, which weapon is the best of them all?
The unreleased ones ;)

Is there any link to how often a weapon type is used and what types of weapons are looted more often?

I mastered shooting when the game released then stopped using guns all together ( to the point I didn't even have one in my inventory ) as I never found a good one. More than a year and a half passed with no famed guns dropping.

Then recently ( after the hollowed woods launched ) I bought the famed dragon pistol from the holiday vendor and began to use it as a lower impact method of looting and now I have began to consistently loot famed guns despite no other changes to looting habits.

Is there any truth to this or is it all confirmation bias?

Is there any link to how often a weapon type is used and what types of weapons are looted more often?

I mastered shooting when the game released then stopped using guns all together ( to the point I didn't even have one in my inventory ) as I never found a good one. More than a year and a half passed with no famed guns dropping.

Then recently ( after the hollowed woods launched ) I bought the famed dragon pistol from the holiday vendor and began to use it as a lower impact method of looting and now I have began to consistently loot famed guns despite no other changes to looting habits.

Is there any truth to this or is it all confirmation bias?

Mr. Dev here. At least for me, this will be the last looting-related question I'll respond to. I don't wanna elaborate too much on the system so it keeps its mystique intact. @Stephen Teague, @John Macbatten, or another dev that uses this account may further elaborate or answer questions if they wish, however.

Now, since that's out of the way:

Yes, 100% confirmation bias. :)

What is the possibility of a Tlopo meet and greet? Seeing as how TTR has had one, why can't we!
We want to do this so badly. We have sent in several application to multiple conventions to host a panel, but nobody has returned our calls yet. We have been applying to the same places consistently for the past few years. Now that we have just about a quarter of a million registered players, people are starting to take us more serious.

We already have dozens of ideas for what we'd do at a convention, there would be a lot to look forward to. Keep an eye out on our website's blog, we would post about it there first.

How come I’ve never found a famed repeater pistol from Palifico, Koleniko, or the other Isla Tormenta bosses? Is it possible for them to drop there?
Looting is a based a lot on randomization, so there's a chance you might never find what you're looking for; but mathematically speaking, the longer you loot, the more the likelihood of finding what it is you desire increases.

We unfortunately can't going into the specifics about where individual items are dropped - with exception only for obvious ones, like the Storm Sphere at the new HW boss.

I recommend that you work together with fellow community members to aggregate information about drops. Keep a mutually shared log of what has been looted and where. Vet those who you allow to contribute to the list, as an untruthful contributor will cause your data to be incorrect. The more people who contribute to this list the better.

Will Davy Jones ever be added to the game as a boss?
1573757242352.png

I apologize if this is a question that has been answered elsewhere that I just haven't seen, but I've been curious! What did the staff have to go through in order to make this remake happen? On the basis of copyrights, but also getting access to all those old files? Did someone just still have the game installed and had the files stored in that installation, or did you guys have to contact the people who made the original game, or what? (I'm a bit of an aspiring game designer myself so I would love to geek out about the process a bit!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back