TLOPO Q/A Thread

The more items you have in your inventory, the longer it takes to load into the game since it has to load all those items. It might also take up more space on their servers or whatever, but idk for sure - im not a tlopo dev

Ah, I understand then, well, a storage chest would be the best choice then but I think that would take space on the servers too, it just won't affect player performance.

How could adding more pages affect performance exactly?
The more items you have in your inventory, the longer it takes to load into the game since it has to load all those items. It might also take up more space on their servers or whatever, but idk for sure - im not a tlopo dev

Yep, what Daniel said. In addition, it'd jam up the network "pipes" due to the broadcasting of all the inventory items. This is why any additional inventory space will need to be separate from a player's actual inventory, such as a chest. Ideally, we would get rid of the second page as well, and move those items in your second page to this hypothetical chest.

additional inventory space will need to be separate from a player's actual inventory, such as a chest. Ideally, we would get rid of the second page as well, and move those items in your second page to this hypothetical chest.
You think it would be possible to make it so each pirate could control said chest's location by burying them in any of the hundreds of existing dig sites around the Caribbean? Pirates burying and digging up treasure chests all over the place would really add to the pirate feel. Or all these dig/chest locations could act as little storage spots where they could access them all and keep a cuda in this spot and rams on the beach and etc. Sounds good but probably very complicated. Just a thought to make it fun.

You think it would be possible to make it so each pirate could control said chest's location by burying them in any of the hundreds of existing dig sites around the Caribbean?
I wouldn't want to say it's impossible; however, the more likely scenario is that this chest would be located in a building of some sort.

We want to expand the inventory, however we can’t do it by adding new inventory pages. When we add more inventory pages, it actually harms everyone’s performance. To get around this, we do want to have some sort of storage chest down the road that players can utilize.

SOTL is always possible but balancing is a concern. It’s not on the table to release any time soon. As for the Carrack, it’ll probably be released eventually. Outside of its looks, it’ll have different stats as well.

Not sure about pets to be honest. They’ve been mentioned before though.
"We want to expand the inventory, however we can’t do it by adding new inventory pages. When we add more inventory pages, it actually harms everyone’s performance. To get around this, we do want to have some sort of storage chest down the road that players can utilize."

If the ability to implement some sort of storage chest, no matter where it resides and it doesn't lag out, then speaking for myself that would be a very appreciated and happy addition to the game and most logical. If a off pirate chest is available, it could also be conceivable and maybe acceptable to keep our inventory at two pages or even reduce it. We can only hope.

Last edited:
Yep, what Daniel said. In addition, it'd jam up the network "pipes" due to the broadcasting of all the inventory items. This is why any additional inventory space will need to be separate from a player's actual inventory, such as a chest. Ideally, we would get rid of the second page as well, and move those items in your second page to this hypothetical chest.

I don't know how I feel about removing stuff we already have but you know better.

You wouldn’t lose it, it’d automatically go into your own personal chest, where you could access it and swap out items. This is assuming we go this route.

Well it wasn't about losing stuff just having less stuff on us, like, I would probably still have plenty of stuff on my first page but with a non existent second one..the inventory would fill up faster when looting.

Well it wasn't about losing stuff just having less stuff on us, like, I would probably still have plenty of stuff on my first page but with a non existent second one..the inventory would fill up faster when looting.
I mean maybe we wouldn’t get rid of the second page, these are just hypotheticals. However it would improve everyone’s performance with one page.

Why does ignoring a player reset every log in?
I've brought the issue up about 1 or 2 years ago, as it has been this way since as far as I can remember (I was playing since it became publicly available.)
I ask this as I have ignored numerous people in this game over the years who have been rude and annoying to not just me, but to others, and I frankly do not want to deal with that. With all that being said, if I ignore someone, why does the game think I only want to ignore them for 1 play session, and when I come back I want to read their chat again?

Is this just a technical issue where there is no work around, or by design?

I've brought the issue up about 1 or 2 years ago, as it has been this way since as far as I can remember (I was playing since it became publicly available.)
I ask this as I have ignored numerous people in this game over the years who have been rude and annoying to not just me, but to others, and I frankly do not want to deal with that. With all that being said, if I ignore someone, why does the game think I only want to ignore them for 1 play session, and when I come back I want to read their chat again?

Huh.. It could be by design from what I know, saw same thing in other games if I remember right.. could be wrong though.

So if and when Carrack and Ship of the Line get added are there going to be more ship spots? That would bring the total ships to 5 or 6 with 4 ship slots..
Would there be enemy Carrack ships?

This would require, among other things, keeping a list of pirates each player is currently ignoring. This was not a feature in POTCO; so its addition to TLOPO would qualify as a new feature request.

In addition to just tracking this info in a database, it would also require brand new functionality such as presenting a list of your current ignores, and providing a mechanism to UN-ignore someone from that list. The TLOPO team currently has no plans to implement such a feature AFAIK.

tl;dr This is by design

Before the server closed for the update the admin mentioned there will be a few new features that would be appreciated.Are these "new features' only the unstuck command and some bosses?

Back