TLOPO Q/A Thread

Hello, with the ongoing dbl loot event.. how many chances we get on getting a legendary? Are the chances the same as in potco, 1/1176 or it was changed? If there are still the same that would be we get 1/500 skulls

Hey, after the last update, tlopo.exe gets flagged by Windows Defender as Behavior:Win32/CredentialAccess.M!ml
Any idea why?

So with this new update and the new graphics (That look amazing!). Would the weather system be coming back? Or is that still being worked on..

Hi! So, our weather system is pretty complex, and we have one developer that is the in-house expert for said effects and the like. As you know, our team is comprised of volunteers, and the developer that is our "weather expert" has been quite busy with outside commitments.

Work has been done recently on weather, but we don't have an ETA since it's being worked on in this developer's own time.

As for the other questions asked in this thread - I saw them, but I'm going to let another staff member answer as they are not part of areas I have experience in. :)

Thanks!

Hi, TLOPO team I have a weird question for you but I have to ask...

Q: Why player avatars are in low quality? and are you going to fix it?
screenshot_2020-03-27_01-13-32.jpg

it looks ridiculous like that it was better before the update lul...

Hmm. It looks like the edges of the Pyp character profile aren't smoothed out as much. Interesting. Try messing around with your anti-aliasing settings and see if that fixes it.
Could it be something to do with the pyp hasn't settled the resolution issue yet, as in we aren't seeing all the res settings possible like before.
I see the diff too, but played around with so much of the game settings there's no way I could have a base test bed to go by. It's like changing 10 settings in bios and fixes something but you would have no clue which.
Right now the pyp is doing the defualt res switch that was discussed earlier where it senses something a miss and dumps back to default.

Hey guys,

One quick question: what is the status of the windcatcher fix?

It was mentioned that it may be fixed with the pyperoni update from my post back in December, but it seems that it is not. Just wondering if it we will see this fix in the near future, since we've gotten weapon changes recently but have yet to see much sailing updates. Would appreciate any progress on this fix if possible.

now that the engine and tooling has been updated, is a linux version on the table?
I would like to point out this is NOT an official TLOPO (linux) launcher, but is open sourced and maintained by an active community member @Bart Gunshot. We cannot provide any support on this launcher, but hopefully those on linux that want a launcher have the knowledge necessary to get it working.

I would like to point out this is NOT an official TLOPO (linux) launcher, but is open sourced and maintained by an active community member @Bart Gunshot. We cannot provide any support on this launcher, but hopefully those on linux that want a launcher have the knowledge necessary to get it working.

Wow this is awesome! I'm glad that there's some open source work to get it to run on Linux :)

Windows Defender Firewall flagged TLOPO.EXE as a severe threat. Why would this occur?

That appears like window defender standard boilerplate error message where it doesn't help the user.

Well, there's a couple things to investigate concerning both sides now that I see it's a credential error, which may have something to do with certificates (validating the file real time). One thing that is known to cause credential failures is your own computers date/time settings.
Check the bios time settings and windows time settings and make sure they match. Wrong dates can cause this.

The other thing could be the tlopo certificates/credentials were not updated for the newest file/launcher. I don't know the trouble it is for the staff to do this, but they've been pretty up on these things so I would be surprised if it's in the tlopo side. But it can't be completely ignored If I'm even half right due to the fact that quite a few got the problem at basically the same time with different virus scanners and firewalls.
Stuff happens and the staff are humans. I've seen big production software have this happen.

If anything, you may need to go into defender and manually give tlopo an exception rule. Then defender will allow the file.

Back