TLOPO Q/A Thread

Hey! I recently returned to this game, and as happy as I am to finally see Pypperonii finally be released, something's been bothering me. Is there a reason that I can't move the resolution for fullscreen mode to be 1920x1080 (my native monitor resolution), the largest I can go for fullscreen resolution is 1600x1200, which makes the game look weird to me. I can set it to be 1920x1080 in windowed mode, but whenever I choose windowed mode, my cursor gets this weird offset to where i'm hovering over something and it's not highlighting that, it's highlighting something an inch or two away (this does not happen when I select Fullscreen Mode).

Ye that is an issue but I kind of like stretched resolutions so I'm used to it

Resolution problems are a known issue, but there is a workaround right now where you can manually edit your config file (It is not too hard).

For MacOS navigate to (Click HERE if you are unsure how to go to this address):
~/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/

For Windows navigate to (note this may change depending on the location you installed TLOPO to):
C:\Program Files\TLOPO

• Find game_options file
  • Open game_options with a text editor of your choice
  • Make sure TLOPO is not running
  • Edit these two options with the resolution of your monitor (Ex: 1920 x 1080)
    • fullscreen_width
      fullscreen_height
      • Note, this can also be done for window mode (window_width, window_height)
  • Save the file, and launch TLOPO
Yes, this workaround works a pip! It also works for any res and game that allows the config or options file to be edited.
Thanks for all you folks do.
Stay safe, but getting close to partially opening up the country.

I am in need of some assistance once more! Thanks for the tips on my last question, worked like a charm it did! Now, I boarded an enemy vessel and killed everyone aboard (this is pve), and now I seem to be stranded on it. The sailing music is still playing, but it seems I can't return to my ship. Is this a known bug, and is there any way to keep my loot and return without losing everything?

I am in need of some assistance once more! Thanks for the tips on my last question, worked like a charm it did! Now, I boarded an enemy vessel and killed everyone aboard (this is pve), and now I seem to be stranded on it. The sailing music is still playing, but it seems I can't return to my ship. Is this a known bug, and is there any way to keep my loot and return without losing everything?
I'm not sure if there is anyway to salvage the loot sadly, but we do know that enemy flag ships (the ones you can board) are buggy right now.

Ahoy,

What determines when a skeleton invasion happens and which server it happens on? My guild would love to schedule an event centered around an invasion, but we're unsure if it's possible to schedule such a thing in advance.

edit: nvm

Last edited:
Resolution problems are a known issue, but there is a workaround right now where you can manually edit your config file (It is not too hard).

For MacOS navigate to (Click HERE if you are unsure how to go to this address):
~/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/

For Windows navigate to (note this may change depending on the location you installed TLOPO to):
C:\Program Files\TLOPO

• Find game_options file
  • Open game_options with a text editor of your choice
  • Make sure TLOPO is not running
  • Edit these two options with the resolution of your monitor (Ex: 1920 x 1080)
    • fullscreen_width
      fullscreen_height
      • Note, this can also be done for window mode (window_width, window_height)
  • Save the file, and launch TLOPO
I can't find game_options and i've looked through everything.

I would like to note, for the record, that editing game_options file does not work for me, and even after edited to the correct resolution, TLOPO still opens in Windowed 800x600 AND goes so far as to re-write the game_options back to 800x600 after closing and exiting the game, even if i do not go into game options and click save.

If there are any log files I could provide that would assist in tracking this down for a actual patched fix instead of a workaround, I'd be happy to provide.

I would like to note, for the record, that editing game_options file does not work for me, and even after edited to the correct resolution, TLOPO still opens in Windowed 800x600 AND goes so far as to re-write the game_options back to 800x600 after closing and exiting the game, even if i do not go into game options and click save.

If there are any log files I could provide that would assist in tracking this down for a actual patched fix instead of a workaround, I'd be happy to provide.
That would be what happens when the game runs into an issue and resets the config file to a known working one. The resolution issue is present on every game, so a log file isn't necessary. Unfortunately editing the config file is the only option until our developers are able to fix the issues with the in game settings, thank you for offering to help though!

That would be what happens when the game runs into an issue and resets the config file to a known working one. The resolution issue is present on every game, so a log file isn't necessary. Unfortunately editing the config file is the only option until our developers are able to fix the issues with the in game settings, thank you for offering to help though!

Wheee! At least its only a minor annoyance to just click the window-maximize button for now. I'd wonder where this (and other system options) being fixed/revised falls on the dev's scale of importance. Thanks for the reply, now back to waiting it seems!

Have you ever considered expanding upon the Lore of the random bosses like the Seven Deadly Sin Ghosts? I had an idea for them, but last I checked, they were just thrown in without an explanation.

Is the Black Pearl Story Quest ever going to get a revamp... I mean, yes... I'm currently writing one, but is it ever going to make sense. As I'm going through it again, it really isn't that good.
And by that I mean when Disney made it, they made it really, really bad.
Not only do we have to inexplicably acquire KRAKEN EYES in one part of it, but this Andrew Bowdash idiot told me to go to the Misty Mire to get a key, come back to him, then GO BACK AGAIN TO DIG UP A CHEST IN THE MISTY MIRE TO UNLOCK USING THE KEY and it contains a SINGLE DIAMOND.
It feels more like one of the longest lists of Fetch Quests where you only have to keep going back to the giver because they didn't tell you all of them at once for no reason at all. All this padding is agony.
And what are the release orders for the Pearl? Why would those exist? Why would a Cadet be carrying them? There is absolutely no reason for those to ever be written. Is that the letter we give to Murtog and Mullroy? Does it matter? Is that explained?
The quests don't scale either. You're always going to get roughly 100 rep per task, so there's not really any point to doing them. In other games, you'd get rep based on what level you are relative to the level of the quest, and quests would have levels to determine what rewards you get.
The only reason to do it is to play the Boss Battle, and the rewards for that -- aside from the Leadership skill -- could also use a boost.

Last edited:
What kind of scar did Cicatriz acquire that earned her the name?

Now that the Traitor Ghosts attack enemies again and not just us, is there any plan to make them summonable for the Southern Idol and Kudgel as they used to be, and as the quest description still implies they are?

Is Thomas Fishmeister's bonus reward ever going to measure up to Madam Zigana's? It can be found in random loot drops otherwise, and isn't worth mastering fishing.

Last edited:
Any chance you will add “special effects” for characters and ships?

For example: blue orbs will float around you
Or: black mist

For ships, maybe even what skellie ships have? That lightning?

BRUH
WHY THO?
I'm assuming you wanted to attach some kind of requirement to it but this? This has nothing to do with anything
Screenshot (2341)_LI.jpg

Back