TLOPO Q/A Thread

another thing i just literally thought of
the new ship the carrack when as a rough estimate would that may be comming along for us to sail and after that one comes out any possable ideas of new sailing ships there after?
The Carrack has some flaws that need to be corrected before it’s ready to be released. I don’t even want to give a rough estimate for it really, it’s far away. As for ships after that, there’s nothing that’s been seriously discussed yet.

Are there plans to implement actual AI on enemies? Dungeons and etc. feel fairly pointless, as you can just run through all the enemies.

On 5th of March last year, St.Patrick event was on going, what about this year? Same date, any new content added.. clothes ?

Will we see the QAR on the horizon anytime soon? Also curious about when Padres invasions might be added?

As always, so thankful to the devs and entire team for recreating our beloved Caribbean so we can "raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer our weaselly, black guts out"! :piratedance:

Also curious about guild naming; specifically making an obscure, undocumented guild name available for an active player. I posted my question in another thread:

Thanks for looking!

About the St. Patricks Quest... looks like if you did it last year with your pirate... you cant do it again... is that true???

And if so... why? All other holiday quests are redo-able!!!

About the St. Patricks Quest... looks like if you did it last year with your pirate... you cant do it again... is that true???

And if so... why? All other holiday quests are redo-able!!!

Hmm. It should be functional. Just checked our source code. Is anyone else having this issue?

How long did it take to develop TLOPO and work on the engine and everything?
Hi!

I don't know how I missed this message, but I responded to someone who had a similar question in a separate thread yesterday. I think this will answer your question well:

If you have a question about a different aspect, or want me to go into a bit more detail about one of the mentioned areas, feel free to ask.

Also curious about guild naming; specifically making an obscure, undocumented guild name available for an active player. I posted my question in another thread:

Thanks for looking!
We aren't ever going to take guild names away from players. However, if a guild that was disbanded had a name, how does it sound to make it so 3 months after the guild's last member leaves the guild, the name becomes available again?

Hmm. It should be functional. Just checked our source code. Is anyone else having this issue?
I checked it again this am. Shamus is not lit up and wont talk to me. I tried it on two pirates. :( And a few others in my guild, Fatal Fury, reported the same problem to me as well.

We aren't ever going to take guild names away from players. However, if a guild that was disbanded had a name, how does it sound to make it so 3 months after the guild's last member leaves the guild, the name becomes available again?

That sounds fair and thank you for your response and consideration if my query. Cheers!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Would pets ever come back?
Screenshot_2.png

Would pets ever come back? View attachment 118622

One of our devs has worked on them on-and-off. Enemy pathing AI is very complex - easily the hardest thing to code for this game, and pets are built off of that AI.

Personally, I'd like us to revamp pets such that they are no longer potions and are permanent, with their own tab in your inventory. But that's just a personal goal - not something we're actively working on right now.

Got a couple questions here.
1. Will Davy Jones and Blackbeard ever make an appearance in the game?
2. I read or heard somewhere about the old maps being added back in some manor? How is that coming along?

1. We've stated before that we won't be doing any new movie characters in any fashion, for copyright security. When it comes to Davy Jones, we think one day he WOULD be possible, since the models for him were included in the game's files. No immediate plans though.
(TLDR: Davy Jones maybe, Blackbeard no)

2. Yes! We have them in a functional(ish) state, but we've set them aside for now. We know they're highly requested, and they WILL make a return, but we want to make sure it's just right. Not only that, we want the rest of the game to be highly stable before we release them. Old POTCO was incredibly unoptimized, and that was a big reason as to why they changed up the islands in the first place. As you well know, the game in its current state is pretty laggy. So we don't want to reintroduce the older islands until Pypperoni is out, among other various fixes and performance enhancements.

Good questions! Thanks for asking!

Back