• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not exactly.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Quality of life Additions/Re-works

Ability to close loot by pressing ESC, Shift, or any alternative hotkey. - Nearly all MMO's have this feature and it makes looting so much more barrable, dragging the mouse to the X is so time consuming in some cases.

Ability to destroy loot containers - This will prevent players from having to spam shift 3 or up to 8 times due to loot dropping on top of itself in the same location. [Which is even more of a problem due to bosses] {Screenshot example below rough draft open to change.}

Ability to pick "Favorite server", an option that automatically picks a server upon logging on unless changed. - A lot... and I mean A LOT of players have a favorite or guild server they like to be on almost 24/7. It would be nice to get the option of not having to open servers every time before logging in, and instead give us a "Favorite server" option.

Removing random material drops from normal ships - This problem is a quality of life change, a lot of players doing "loot runs" tend to always get a little upset because a random mat or rare mat pops up from a random ship, most players dislike this and if they are wanting mats they sink hunters/warships.

Give alert to leave crew before changing servers - Being in a crew while leaving/changing servers causes a "Crew bug" to where you cannot join someone else's crew unless you go back to that server, join back into that crew, and leave it again. By giving the option to "are you sure you want to leave your crew behind?" it will create a quick work around to this problem, while also being helpful overall.(edited)

Unattuned options - I would like to see the ability to "Unattuned pirates, and "unattuned enemies" under the "unattuned all" This would be very helpful when or before using skills like evil eye. Freeing up your voodoo spaces in order to use and level doll more effectively in groups. {Screenshot example below, again rough draft open to change}

When captain has gone afk, crew lead should automatically be given to the next pirate/first pirate crewed that is not afk. - This is to prevent crews from dying and having to be re-build due to absent leader.

Ability to force unattuned. Not gonna give a picture for this one, but basically when someone attunes you, you have an option to force attunement from yourself or block friendly attunement entirely as an option. [Probably the hardest to code, and least important of the quality changes.]

Sound option: Loot only option - So you don't have to hear attuning, wither, desolation, gun shots, or any sound effect while still being able to tell if loot dropped or not.

Teleporting consistency - When you log off/dc/switch servers you stay on the same island you where at upon crashing. - This means if you're on Tormenta, Outcast, or any other wild island. You will remain on that island when you log back in, instead of having to sail/teleport back. [Or where you were standing if possible]
1569906623986.png

1569906632408.png

1) Ability to close loot by pressing ESC, Shift, or any alternative hotkey or Ability to destroy loot containers - I can get behind this. Or, a button that does the same thing next to the Take It All but takes nothing and closes out the loot container. This is a pain especially at busy bosses where containers pile up.

2) Ability to pick "Favorite server", an option that automatically picks a server upon logging on unless changed.

3) Removing random material drops from normal ships - It was probably a nice idea when someone thought of it but in practice getting materials on Loot Runs is annoying.

4) Give alert to leave crew before changing servers - I thought it already did this.

5) Unattuned options - I would like to see the ability to "Unattuned pirates, and "unattuned enemies" under the "unattuned all" This would be very helpful when or before using skills like evil eye. Freeing up your voodoo spaces in order to use and level doll more effectively in groups. {Screenshot example below, again rough draft open to change}

6) Teleporting consistency - When you log off/dc/switch servers you stay on the same island you where at upon crashing. - This is basically a Port of Call thing. Something I had suggested was a Personal Totem. After maybe finishing a quest at a certain level, the player would get a Personal Totem. This item allows the pirate to set a Teleport Point. They can only do one at a time but if they need to sell junk, go to jail, etc. then they can TP right back to the spot.

1. This would be a nice feature to add cant tell you how many times i missed loot due to it lagging while trying to get it to close..
2. 100% agree this is a much needed feature in my opinion
3. I mean you can click the server you wanna go on when logging in?
4. This would be nice tired of going on loot and skull runs getting ship mats from random ships. If I wanted them id be sitting here on a MAT run!
5. I do believe this feature is in game or it was at one point in time?
6. Would make it a lot easier instead of having to unattuned 1 by 1 or hit the unattuned all option when you only mean to unattuned either the enemy or the ally.
7. Much needed feature!
8. Wish this was added specifically since this voodoo noise wont go away after you leave the area or what not.. Very annoying!
9. Unsure of this one...
10. This would be a nice feature to add.

Yeah, good suggestions. As for the Loot sounds, it would be nice to just have an entire options page for sound categories that we can adjust to our liking. Such as: voice, weapons, footsteps, enemies, loot, misc, etc. Although this might be difficult to implement depending on how sfx are implemented for POTCO, I haven't looked.

Hmm... some of your suggestions I love, some I like, some could take or leave and some I’d rather not see. You put too much on the table for me to vote one way on all, lol. A way to get rid of unwanted loot containers that are piling up is a super good idea whose time has come. I am against removing random mat drops from regular ships, this was an original part of potco and it would interfere with my quest to get a 16 skull run (render it pointless).

Last edited:
I have changed my mind on the last one, defeats the purpose of doing the teleport quest now that I think about it.
How would that defeat the purpose of teleport quests? You would still have to sail to the wild island whenever you don't log off on the island

#4 sounds like one of those "wheel that squeaks gets the oil" requests. Seriously, how often does it happen? Sure, I've gotten mat from a Marauder and even a Sentinel once. So what?

A better solution would be to revamp the code so that the captain has the option of ditching whichever loot he or she wants. Right now, we have a default hierarchy that keeps mat from being eliminated, so that's the actual source of the frustration (for some people).

#4 sounds like one of those "wheel that squeaks gets the oil" requests. Seriously, how often does it happen? Sure, I've gotten mat from a Marauder and even a Sentinel once. So what?

A better solution would be to revamp the code so that the captain has the option of ditching whichever loot he or she wants. Right now, we have a default hierarchy that keeps mat from being eliminated, so that's the actual source of the frustration (for some people).
The suggestions are (Easy to code) solutions.

Obviously there are a lot of alternative ways that would be better, but are more demanding to the developers time.

Back