TLOPO SvS League (Concept)

Antonio Gunshot

Swashbuckler
Hello fellow TLOPO SvSers!

I want to introduce an idea to all of you that would be great for svs: the "SvS League." This is an idea I've been working on for a few weeks now with Davy Plunderbones and Beast Man. And we'd like to hear everyone's input.

Imagine your favorite team sport whether it be soccer, football, etc. Your favorite team has a set time that they meet with an opposing team and they play till there's a winner. Then those results are shown on a leaderboard or "table." In short, this is what we think could be possible in TLOPO with SvS!

Rules:
1. Teams will be made of 4-6 players (no alts) with at least one captain.
2. Teams can be guild-based or non guild-based. Teams that are non guild-based must come up with a name for themselves.
3. If a guild has a large number of people that want to participate in the league, they may make multiple teams. (ex. "Team Svs 1," "Team Svs 2")
4. Battles will be war sloop vs war sloop only, any upgrades you'd like.
5. No reps.
6. No hacks or exploiting (this should be a given...)
7. No changing ships mid-battle unless the other team approves.
8. First to 7 sinks wins!

Please note that these rules are subject to change, they are just ideas! If you disagree with anything or have suggestions, we'd love your input.

You might ask: "How will teams organize to fight each other?" Simple: Each week there will be a "matchday." Each team will have a certain opposing team to battle each week. The two teams will find any time during that week when their players can meet up and have the battle. We are also considering creating a Discord server to make organization even easier--if this works out!

Stats will be recorded and displayed (on an Excel spreadsheet or something) at the end of each matchday (week.) They will include Sinks:Sank stats as well as the important Win:Loss stat. Maybe the top teams can have some sort of semi final and championships at the end, like they do in college football!

Thanks for reading, we'd love to hear everyone's input or questions and if you think you would like to be part of this!

I'm interested, with exception to one rule.

4. Battles will be war sloop vs war sloop only, any upgrades you'd like.

Forgive me, for my knowledge on SvS is quite limited beside what I observe during the SvS Community Events that @Lord Gold Air mentioned above, but is it entirely necessary to lock players to War Sloops exclusively? I've got a rough concept in mind that might work that I'll further develop later, however, I feel like so long as players are locked to Warships in general.

Yeah, WSloops are the 'meta' of SvS, but I don't think that should exclude players who enjoy their War Galleons, Frigates, or Brigs though. I feel like the tournaments should be designated as a lock-in style, where you choose the ship you'll be sailing prior to the event starting, and will not be allowed to switch during the activity.

Forgive me, for my knowledge on SvS is quite limited beside what I observe during the SvS Community Events that @Lord Gold Air mentioned above, but is it entirely necessary to lock players to War Sloops exclusively? I've got a rough concept in mind that might work that I'll further develop later, however, I feel like so long as players are locked to Warships in general.

Yeah, WSloops are the 'meta' of SvS, but I don't think that should exclude players who enjoy their War Galleons, Frigates, or Brigs though. I feel like the tournaments should be designated as a lock-in style, where you choose the ship you'll be sailing prior to the event starting, and will not be allowed to switch during the activity.
I would have to agree, I don't think we should limit people to a specific type of ship, especially in the case that they don't actually have the ship type upgraded and at the ready. I personally would say whatever ship they want to choose is entirely up to them.
-
Maybe even get some YouTube live streams & commentary going for things like that ;)

Last edited:

This is something I agree with you on as well. Keeping it war sloop only was something Davy and Beast had mentioned they wanted, so I was outnumbered in that case. I suggested any ship.

Think of it this way--team sizes are limited to 4-6. What makes war sloops the meta of team battles (and correct me if I'm wrong) is their small hurtbox, and their slight speed advantage. If there were 4 experienced gunners on a war sloop vs 5 experienced gunners on a war brig, the war sloop crew would win, simply because it's harder to miss hitting the war brig. Now if we allowed team sizes to be 4-9 or so, that might make war brigs better for this, simply because they have more guns. Smaller team size will allow for easier organization of the matchdays anyways.

We should definitely allow the freedom to choose what ship to use. However, I still think war sloops will be the dominant ship used by the teams.

I also agree with you on the "lock-in" style. I considered implementing another rule that states: "A team may switch ships, but only after they have been sunk at least 4 times." Does this idea interest anyone? It would simply make it so that if your team is at a disadvantage potentially due to ship class, they may change it after a certain amount of sinks. If no one else thinks we should use this, I agree that there should be no ship switching.

Keep the advice and suggestions coming! Community feedback is more important than our own preferences, since you all will be the ones participating in it. Thanks a lot guys! :D

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to announce that we are getting very close to being ready to open the sign-ups and make this league possible!

We'd just like some more input, and if you all think these rules are good. The one exception to the rule in the original post is rule 4. We will allow any ship and any customization. Although I highly encourage war sloops ;)

Hey again everyone!

The official post for the SvS League will be created tomorrow. Look for it under the "events" section!

Start thinking of your teams of 4-6 players! We already have at least 3 confirmed teams ready. ;) Once signups open tomorrow on the 21st, they will be open for a full week.

Hope yall have a great Friday!

why only war sloops ?
This is no longer a concept, signups for the svs league are officially open, and any ships will be allowed.

Feel free to create a crew and sign up! :)

No idea how I totally missed this whole thread.

I do have a suggestion for all of you. When you meet up with the team that you are paired with for this tournament, I suggest that you find a server that is not already in use for any SVS, and preferably a quiet server. You will be less likely to then have someone interrupt your battle.

I only have one concern which I'll ask this question: these rules are only for this League's Tournament bracket and will not be applied to SVS at any other time in the game, and I do not mean at other SVS events?

No idea how I totally missed this whole thread.

I do have a suggestion for all of you. When you meet up with the team that you are paired with for this tournament, I suggest that you find a server that is not already in use for any SVS, and preferably a quiet server. You will be less likely to then have someone interrupt your battle.

I only have one concern which I'll ask this question: these rules are only for this League's Tournament bracket and will not be applied to SVS at any other time in the game, and I do not mean at other SVS events?

Correct the rules that are being applied are only for these tournaments, I will still be continuing to host the Community SVS events Co-Existing with this one! Hopefully that answers your question with the second part. I am also helping Antonio organize this stuff as we go along as well so it should all work fairly neatly I hope.

Back