Trading Poll

Should There Be Trading?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
I picked No because everyone would want the higher lvl weapons. Always. There will be nothing of equal value to give in return. Kids will be taken advantage of, and disney will hear never ending complaints. It'll cause nothing but problems.

I voted yes. I would love to have trading. If they don't give us trading with other pirates they could at least let us trade weapons/clothing between our own pirates.
I agree w0uld also like an easier method of moving gold between my pirates.
Kids will be taken advantage of, and disney will hear never ending complaints. It'll cause nothing but problems.
This is an argument that keeps coming up I believe that trading can be set up in such a way as to prevent most of these issues. If they lack the intelligence to do simple trading in a game, how then are they going to survive in the real world? As long as the items being traded have no monetary value attached to them NO REAL WORRIES. I was a moderater in a game with trading and the most common problem we encountered were players complaining that their accounts had been hacked and cleaned out. In every one of these situations we investigated we discovered that the player complaining had given out their account login details. Phishers and scammers are allready in game I cannot see how trade will increase the problem.

Trading can be touchy, but I can hope that Disney will be able to think of something innovative to solve common issues. Game-items may not seem to be worth "real money" (though some people could argue otherwise, I'm sure), but anything that takes time and "work" to obtain has value of some sort.

The upcoming Pirate Gear update (updated store UI and "catalog" NPCs selling contemporary clothing), coming with the ability to buy items in bulk, in my opinion, is a huge indicator that trading is "on the horizon" (but then so was the Kraken).

There will be nothing of equal value to give in return.
I'm not so sure. If I have 2 World Eater blades (it's nice to pretend), I would be willing to trade one for a few good famed. Different people want different things, and you can find yourself in several different situations, so you never know.

I'm not so sure. If I have 2 World Eater blades (it's nice to pretend), I would be willing to trade one for a few good famed. Different people want different things, and you can find yourself in several different situations, so you never know.
Actually before Ravens Cove and the newest Famed and Cursed Famed. I know of one player who ended up getting 3 El Patron blades. We need a way of exchanging duplicate items even if only between pirates in our own accounts, the resale value in shops is no where close to actual value in terms of rare clothing and famed items. Just yesterday I ended up selling off a duplicate of a famed pistol, I would have much rather traded that item for something else or passed it on to another of my pirates.

Actually before Ravens Cove and the newest Famed and Cursed Famed. I know of one player who ended up getting 3 El Patron blades. We need a way of exchanging duplicate items even if only between pirates in our own accounts, the resale value in shops is no where close to actual value in terms of rare clothing and famed items. Just yesterday I ended up selling off a duplicate of a famed pistol, I would have much rather traded that item for something else or passed it on to another of my pirates.
Oh, yeah I realize some people have infinite better luck than I do, and completely agree that the resale value is pretty terrible for just about all famed/legendary items. I do definitely hope that with trading we will be able to transfer items between characters on the same account.

I think if disney would use the password system we would be able to handle trading. For example you pick a password and before any trade you must type it in and disney should have to confirm every trade so no one gets taken advantage of. Also if your dumb enough to give away your password and you lose all your good weapons then well it sucks to be you.

I like the idea of a trading box that would work similar to the sell items feature at the gypsies and weapon shops. players meet and discuss items to be traded, player one moves item from inventory into trading box player 2 places item into trading box, each player can see the items before agreeing to trade.Both players agree to the trade items are exchanged. Before trade is finalized players are able to check inventory to make sure each recieved the agreed upon item. Trade becomes finalized. Simple and no need for passwords or accessing special trading accounts. nothing to attract phishers into game. Feature could be used at login screen prior to entering game to transfer items between pirates within your account.

Honestly, I thought that if I was ever asked this question, I would give a definite "YES!!!", but since I've thought about it, I've changed. As you guys have already said, people could get cheated while doing this, unless Disney comes up with a REALLY good way to make this work. I think the only way that it would be able to work well and make it an actual fair trade is to have somebody at Disney monitoring all of the trades like Will said. Otherwise you could just have high lvl pirates pretty much giving away good weapons, clothes, etc for pretty much nothing because they have everything anyway. Besides, some of the fun of getting a famed or legendary weapon is the fact that you earned it! Although some people have annoyingly amazing luck, while others have horrible luck...:facepalm:

i agree chris, having to earn your famed and ledgendary weapons is a fun part of the game. as it stands now i have to throw away a lot of good stuff. i have max gold and only so much room to store stuff. i would like to be able to give the weapons to another pirate rather than put them in the trash. then they could keep them or sell them for gold. it would be so much fun to walk up to a level 5 pirate and give them a cool sword worth 3 or 4 hundard gold.:rolleyes:

I agree Captain. I have one space left on Defiant and I do not want to trash anything I like all the stuff I have but, to open up a space for a better weapon I would rather give it to someone then to trash it. Like you I am max gold so I get nothing for it anyways.
With all the new weapons and now clothes to come soon they seriously need to get on expanding our storage space! :mad:

I picked No because everyone would want the higher lvl weapons. Always. There will be nothing of equal value to give in return. Kids will be taken advantage of, and disney will hear never ending complaints. It'll cause nothing but problems.
its called revoke trade button LOL
EDIT (Dec 9, 2010 10:07 PM):
its called revoke trade button LOL
if there is trading it should be set up like this

{|my trade box|} [Items for trade] {|friends trade box|)
first i would offer a amount of gold and some random weapon and i would drag the weapon into the center and so would the other person and you would be able to see what they offered and then you hit a button that says trade and when the trade happens you have their weapon/gold and they have urs and if ur not satisfied by the trade there should be a button called revoke trade witch well revokes the trade ;p;

I think they should have it. I know it is kind of a touchy thing but it seems like most other games have it including of course ones that cater to the same age group. Some kids do a lot of work with it and seem to enjoy trading.

hmmm... i think a guild trade would be best or pirate account to pirate account (as in your own). i agree with you all that it would be to cumbersome to maintain a vigilance on trades also.. keep it simple and trading items to lower level pirates is ok i guess except i am with everybody else... you have earned these items... not Jack and Jill who went to raid tormenta and sacked the place and traded it all to you...that would make me feel cheap but also a pirate :D cuz i robbed them blind!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah well trading would be awesome. Hey Hart can i have one of those famed or legendary swords you have? You dont really need 7? Do you?

Trading would be great but as some said"it takes a lot of time to find those weapons" but if I have 2 or 3 of the same weapon than I would not mind trading with someone or I would just give it to them.Just as being a GM of my guild you would have to know who to trade with and not to trade with.I play the other pirate game as we know on there if you use that weapon you can not trade it with anyone.You can not trade clothes on there which the clothes are earned thru missions/quests and buying.No cap on gold as well and can trade as much gold as you want(currently 10 million woot).

Well, here are some more of my thoughts...
I still want trading to come to pass, but there still is that problem about people just getting a bunch of weapons and not even trying to get any themselves. That kinda bothers me because most of the fun of getting a Legendary or Cursed weapon is the fact that you worked hard to get it, so you deserve it! I'm thinking that if they include trading, you should only be able to trade really high lvl weapons to other pirates close to your lvl, instead of just giving a really low lvl a Famed weapon and having them sell it, or they just keep it until they can actually use it. Disney will probably make trading only available to unlimited anyway, so that would help eliminate that problem...

Also, if you trade weapons to pirates near your lvl, Disney should make it so that if you are giving somebody a really good weapon the person that you are giving it to HAS to give you something of equal value, like a ton of gold (more than the sell value, because weapons always cost more than the sell value) or 2 rare or famed weapons. That way you don't just become all powerful without losing things as well.

Now, because the new clothes are so expensive, I don't think that you should be able to just give them to a fellow pirate, but they have to give you the same amount that you paid for them, if not more. Also, you should be able to trade the new clothes to other pirates who have the new clothes as well, like give them some special clothes, and they give you other clothes in return.

Well it's not likely that a lvl 1 is gonna get a legendary weapon by trading a crude doll or sword. However when your at a high level ya your probably not gonna look for weapons anymore. Ps if trading does come out then my advice is work fast. Get what you want and get rid of what you want before some %%%%%%% comes and figures out how to steal everyones weapons and then all Potco players lose the ability to trade.

Back