Trading Poll

Should There Be Trading?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trading can be touchy, but I can hope that Disney will be able to think of something innovative to solve common issues. Game-items may not seem to be worth "real money" (though some people could argue otherwise, I'm sure), but anything that takes time and "work" to obtain has value of some sort.

The upcoming Pirate Gear update (updated store UI and "catalog" NPCs selling contemporary clothing), coming with the ability to buy items in bulk, in my opinion, is a huge indicator that trading is "on the horizon" (but then so was the Kraken).

I'm not so sure. If I have 2 World Eater blades (it's nice to pretend), I would be willing to trade one for a few good famed. Different people want different things, and you can find yourself in several different situations, so you never know.

I might change me answer for the trading, but they would have to fix the bugs that may cause an unfair trade. It can happen

I would love to see trade, not only to trade weapons or whatever with others but I could give out prizes for guild competitions such as a famed weapon.

I'm all in favor of trading and while I like the idea of being able to easily give items and gold to friends as well as other pirates in my accounts. I do have mixed feelings about the ability to gift items and gold in the game. Imagine if you will landing on a crowded island and being bombarded by mobs of beggars, panhandling for gold and rare items. Imagine being approached by players asking for help and when you inquire on how you can help them they respond with " Can you buy me a War Frigate?" or "Can you give me gold?" If they bring trading and the ability to gift items they need to make begging a bannable offense.

I'm all in favor of trading and while I like the idea of being able to easily give items and gold to friends as well as other pirates in my accounts. I do have mixed feelings about the ability to gift items and gold in the game. Imagine if you will landing on a crowded island and being bombarded by mobs of beggars, panhandling for gold and rare items. Imagine being approached by players asking for help and when you inquire on how you can help them they respond with " Can you buy me a War Frigate?" or "Can you give me gold?" If they bring trading and the ability to gift items they need to make begging a bannable offense.

Just like the beggers in Wow?

The thing thats worries me is that trading every item will be huge and big issues will arise. And when you say trading you mean trading between pirates right? Well who can detirmition the right amount of gold?
Take this sencerio:
Lets say I want to buy a Military Broadsword (just for example) the shops are selling it at 200 gold. Well Pirate Sal (I thought the pirate in the sencerio should have a name) wants to make quick cash. So he sells it to mee for a a cheaper 150 gold. Soon more and more player catch wind of this and then trade becomes such a hassel and blacksmiths and other shops become obselete.
All pirces are now completely different and Disney is in charge finding out all the average of every price out there for every item out there! Suddenly the game develops it's own virtual currency an a simple item that only exist in a game delight and fear as the prices go up and down causing so much uncessary drama into the game!

Can I give a big woot for the movie Wall Street?
:woot:
Thank you
And Red's talk of beggars also tags along as well

But it is so time consuming! The pressures of selling a weapon when it is worth as much as it is will make players lose either gain or more probably lose their wealth!
(This may have tooken a turn into stocks but I hope you see me point)

Lets have an update, If trading comes to pirates would you prefer it to be with your own pirates?

What? Trading your 'pirate'? With who ... somebody else's pirate?? Elaborate please?

Nvm, got it now.
oops.gif
Yes, that would be good, trading among our own pirates.

Both... I'm very close with a basic friend of mine, and I would LOVE to give her some of my bright colored clothes. (They're pretty and considered crude!) annnddd.... I don't know she deserves it.
On the other hand I would love to be able to trade clothes/weapons/ships with my pirates. That would help alot with quests and such since I prefer to play alone on my lower levels. And of course everyone is all worried about people stealing or something. Come on... It's a Disney game. Not a game made for prisoners.
EDIT (Jan 30, 2011 1:07 AM):
What? Trading your 'pirate'? With who ... somebody else's pirate?? Elaborate please?
I think he means being able to trade items to your other pirates.

i dont think the idea of trading is bad on its own but its the issues and the glitches ppl will figure out to take other pirates weapons without them even knowing

Ahoy mateys,
Welcome to my thread.
On this topic we will discuss "Trade".:cool:
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT PERMISSION - fkit59

Table of Contents
I: Introduction​
II: What is "Trade" and who/what will it benefit? , how will it work?​
III: Is this a good idea? (Pros and Cons section)​
IIII: Closing and Credits​
________________________________________​
I: Introduction
I see you have stumbled on my thread. Well, whether you are a guy, girl, pirate, alien, etc you have the right to read and reply to my thread! Everyone should be treated equal during all circumstances. Even in-game! So, sit back. Do some eye warmups and get ready to read.​
I have also added a "Quick summary" section at the end. Feel free to read that if you do not feel like reading the whole thread. (Less detailed if you read the summary)​
II: What is "Trade" and who/what will it benefit? , how will it work?
Trade is popular in many regions of the world. It is happening right now as we speak. Companies, Games, even YOU may be doing it! Although their are many different descriptions for "Trade" I have chosen one to represent what could be happening.​
"the act or process of buying, selling, or exchanging commodities, at either wholesale or retail, within a country or between countries: domestic trade; foreign trade." Sources; Dictionary.com

Commodities

• Silk ----------------------------------------- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
  • Driftwood ---------------------------------- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
  • Gold ---------------------------------------- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
  • Silver --------------------------------------- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
  • Leather ------------------------------------- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
  • Gems ; Diamond, Emeralds, Jades, etc. -- Weight : ??? ---- Price: ???
What will the Goods benefit;
  • Economy of an Island
  • Building and Development
  • More soon...
Where do you buy Commodities?

Commodities can be purchased from a vendor that is located around the docks of all islands. (Not remote).
Each Product will have a specific price and will be different according to each Island. This helps build economy and profit at the same time.
For example; Take Port Royal. A rich island with a big population. Most likely a product like, Silk will be cheap. (100 gold).
Now if you go to Padres Del Fuego they will have silk with a price of 200 gold. Due to its remote area and dangerous land-scape they have less people selling them silk, the long boat ride is also a factor.
So if you purchase 10 silk for 100 gold each and sell it to Padres Del Fuego's vendor you will recieve 2000 gold. Thats a good 1000 profit for just bringing goods to a island. But what is the catch? Money won't be this easy!
Some trades require a longer path. Port Royal -> Padres Del Fuego -> Tortuga

If you are a trader you will have a "Green" marked flag above your head when sailing to another island to complete a trade. Your boat no-matter what size will be vulnerable to cannons 50% more. That means if a regular cannon ball hits ANYWHERE on your boat you will recieve 50% more damage then regular.
This is a danger factor and ships will have to be careful and swift on which route to take. Take a smaller boat (sloop), they can sail much faster then a frigate. But the cargo will be smaller. Being in a group of other trading boats is smart!

The battle will not be like SVS where it takes a good 10 gazillion cannon balls to sink a ship. It will be as-if you are fighting a bot that has the same boat as you. You take just as-much damage as they do. Except they are not as smart as you. ;). If you are effected by a fireball the damage will not be increased by 50%, just simply reduced by 20%. This way people won't spam fireballs at you even if you get away and you do not burn to death. ^_^.

Sails on a boat will be effected at a normal rate 1:1. When a sail has been taken down the crew of the ship has the ability to fix the ship. (You cannot fix the ships hull/body during a trade route).

If you are a thief.
Being a thief is a job that can get you lots of money! Your ship will be sailed with a "red" flag above your boat. This indicates you are a thief. If you are a thief you have the ability to be a mercenary and work alone, or go with a crew. If you sink a trading ship you have the ability to either
A: Board the ship
B: Sink it
Option A: The battle will be PvP just as if you boarded a flag ship. You must defeat each member of the team in-order to sink the boat. Each player will be marked with their flag colour over their head to indicate a team-mate or not.Now, before you move on to option B, your wondering why you would ever want to do Option A. With all the extra fighting and tonics wasted. Well. The rewards for Option A is greater than B. B you can say it the "easy way" out. If you do lose the sword-fight the trading ship will resume its trade run and will be invulnerable for 120 seconds. (The ship will also be repaired to full)
You will recieve 25% more loot then if you sank a trading ship.

Option B: SINK IT, SINK IT, SINK IT! Easy way out, and you do not risk of letting the trade ship get away and you still get loot! Yay?

Example; Trading ship has 100 Silk.
You choose Option B: You sink the ship and only recieve 40 silk.
You choose Option A: You win the sword-fight and instead of recieving 40 silk you get 70.

Being a Hunter;
Protect the traders! Thats what you have to do, you will sail with a "Blue" flag over your boat and you will sink the Thiefs that get in the way of the traders.

Boats that are able to carry commodities will be determined on what boat the player has.
Boats that a eligible: Speed 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-----------------------Weight 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
  • Light Sloop ------ Speed: 10 --- Weight: 3
  • Light Galleon --- Speed: 7 ----- Weight: 4
  • Frigate ----------- Speed: 5 ----- Weight: 6
  • War Galleon ----- Speed: 3 ----- Weight: 8
  • Ship of Line ------ Speed: 1 ------ Weight: 10
Speed: How fast the boat can go , (All boosters such as : Full sail, come about, ramming speed are canceled).

Weight: How much commodities it can hold.

Remember, if you are a trader, travel in groups! Find the safest route you should take where it is less populated.

Safe Route: Slow, less populated
Fast Route: Hot zone, very fast when getting to a island
The loot and shares!​
Depending on how many crew-mates are on your ship and how long they have been on it determines how much the share will be given out.​
Once you port ; example; Port Royal -> Tortuga the profit will be given out to each pirate on the boat.​
Now I know your gonna ask "But that means the captain of the boat will pay for all the commodities and boat rent". I myself has also noticed that. So I changed something up.​
When you go to a Dinghy you will see the normal boat tabs "Own , Friend , Crew, Guild, Public , TRADE" Trade will include both , Traders, Hunters and Thiefs. Each boat background will be the colour of the job.​
You CANNOT join in a boat if it is already 10% into the trade run. This eliminates free-loaders. If a player on your boat turns afk for over 10 minutes you can kick him off your boat. This also eliminates share obstruction.​
Before a Traders boat starts the run each of the pirates must contribute a share in order to start its run.​
Example;​
Leader proposes a 1000 gold networth of the boat.​
Crew member 1 : Says yes and pitches in gold​
Crew member 2 : Says yes and pitches in gold​
Crew member 3 : Says yes and pitches in gold​
Crew member 4 : Says no​
Unfortuntley, majority wins. Crew member 4 has 30 seconds to either "pitch in" or "get planked".​
The boat will then wait for another crew member to pitch in.​
The boat will then start its trade run.​
If the leader of the boat disconnects he has 120 seconds to return and lead his boat.​
If the leader does not come back online and did not complete a minimum of 10% of the run, the money pitched in will be returned to each crew member. The leader will suffer a loss in the rent pay and the boat will be automatically sunk.​

EDIT (Feb 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM):
III: Is this a good idea? (Pros and Cons section)
Well, I won't try to be bias since this is my suggestion. So I will be fair and I will need you people to disagree. This way, it eliminates be being bias and can show what needs to be fixed.​
PROS:​
  • Easy money
  • Lets both Pay-to-play and Free-to-play get involved in this.
  • Involves team-work and effort
CONS:
  • There will be a seperate server just for trades, eliminates Navy and EITC bots. Also eliminates private trades to maximize money profits.
  • Very laggy
  • More soon...
EDIT (Feb 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM):
IIII: Closing
Of course we all have opinions and I want to know them. Feel free to reply!

Back