Discussion Trading. Yes, Trading! (LOL)

Discussion in 'TLOPO General Discussion' started by Crashalot, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

I don't care about scammers and hackers. You can't save the world.
    I just think the weapons, clothing, etc need to be earned and that trading needs to be significantly rare in that only when certain thresholds and weapons, etc are acheieved that trading can happen on a limited, equitable basis.
    Otherwise, why play?

2. Lord Darknesz

Lord Darknesz Honorable Pirate

Not a personal problem to me. I'm not the one who falls for those scams. Just something that is common in games that allow trading. Trading isn't even in this game so it is such a non-issue topic that it's not even worth arguing.

3. Roger-Daniel

Roger-Daniel Honorable Pirate

There are so many things the devs could do to improve this game other than implementing a feature as controversial as trading.

Nate Dreadshot likes this.
  4. OurGangsDarkOath

OurGangsDarkOath Notorious Pirate

Well it's not like they'll implement it in beta

5. Luna Storm

Forum Mod

The one way that may help reduce risk of scammers would be to only allow trading through a "trading post or market place", and not privately between pirates.
    This could also help prevent people from abusing the trading system to give their alts items as it has to be placed in the "market place" for sale and purchased from there. There is a possibility that someone else would buy the item before that person gets their alt there.
    Also legendaries could be "non" tradable if that is the main concern if trading was to ever be implemented.

This possibly would also make trading with real money difficult because there is no guarantee that the pirate they made the trade deal with would get it first, once it is put in the market place.

If trading was to be tried out at some point I do think the gold max needs to made higher. Atleast to 500k if not more.

Well there is my little thought on how trading may benefit most people.

6. Fortune Burnrose

Fortune Burnrose Notorious Pirate

Ah look, another trading thread. It really blows my mind that after 43 pages of trading threads on the forums, people still have more to say about this.

Sparky Wonderwolf likes this.
  7. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

I get your point, but like others have already said, that's not related to in game trading. And as far as I know, tlopo as well as any online active game will have checks and balances to protect players from account theft. Why any one would want to boost a tlopo account while in beta is beyond me, but even if both players totally wanted to do this, it could likely have been an automatic system that somehow caught the incorrect IP's not matching and got nailed that way. Whether they swapped for testing or for one guy/girl to wipe someone they dislike in PVP with a better pirate doesn't even matter because the system probably found it. But as others also have said, it was a poor decision that wasn't thought out very well.
    GL

8. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

Isn't it great?!?

Sparky Wonderwolf likes this.
  9. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

How much you charge to level potions. I have a life that I get to once in a while.

Crashalot likes this.
  10. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

LOL, I don't accept offers to level people in TLOPO due to the free game status.
    If you have a paying Steam game or whatnot, I'm your man.

squintz likes this.
  11. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

As in any mmo on the planet. Some games are easier to do. WOW is very accommodating to multiple devices with one account. How many people would be honest enough to admit playing on a nephew or nieces mmo account if that game works like WOW. I have and do. I also pay for multiples of my own. But account anything about sharing isn't on topic for trading so that is going off topic. Sharing accounts is a whole other thread topic.

12. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Point taken, but it's sort of weak. Every game mmo I've seen with trading or actions or banks has numerous screens asking for assertions that the player wants to do something. It's nearly impossible to make mistakes. After 3 or 4 screens asking you if you want to do this, and you still don't know what you're doing that's on the player and ignorance. And it's impossible to code in every level of ignorance possible. It's up to the player to learn how to trade but also WHAT they are trading. No one in tlopo or any other game I've seen will be able to trade a counterfeit or visibly faked item.
    GL

tiberias likes this.
  13. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

That's why I kept asking how the ridiculous practice of account sharing ties to the addition of trading. So far haven't heard any responses that convince me there is a connection tbh.

tiberias, squintz and Crashalot like this.
  14. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

LOL, Scammers? I'm sure there have always been scammers!
    I'm imagining most people in favor of trading already have a scam or two up their sleeves.
    I'm glad that you, kinda sorta made a disclaimer for that, because you sure lumped a lot of people into some sort of scammer connotation that was very harsh. I personally take offense to that statement. but you thought about and tried to save your assets at least.

15. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

"One of the key issues I wanted to evolve here was that not many people have envisioned an actual trading scenario in-game."
    Read some of the other threads. Many scenarios have been discussed. As the more you post, the less I understand why you really started another thread about trading.

16. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Sure they fear it. But as you already know and posted, outside trading has nothing to do with in-game trading of tlopo. But trying to throw them together could be a way to strengthen an already weak argument against trading in tlopo intentionally or not.
    People are claiming how simple it is or would be to somehow cheat outside of tlopo, yet no one has examples of this. And it's likely they are caught in any game in due time.

17. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

"I had written in response to your claim that trading itself would likely NOT “ruin” players experience in playing TLOPO and if it did, whom cares. That is what had struck a nerve with me - because:"

You have a link to that particular post? I'm still trying to find it. That doesn't sound like something I would write that I don't give a crap about what happens to people. My comments are about I don't care what people like elootists do in the game only because it doesn't effect me, so I don't care that they gather 30 up to take out bosses. And thus, I say what they think or want me to do is something I should not care about. There is a difference about not caring about people opposed to not caring what they do in a game that hardly impacts me.
    Does that make sense to you. I think you took personally something you may have misconstrued.
    And you also got bullet point 3 incorrect as well.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  18. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

I guess we can find out if they ever implement trading aye?

19. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

But who is making it controversial in the first place.

20. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Because it's so COOL!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.