Discussion Trading. Yes, Trading! (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not like they'll implement it in beta
Um, isn't that why we're in beta, to try stuff? What difference is trading than bringing in cannon defense. In beta, anything can go.
Didn't people basically break and ruin cannon defense running all the exploits? Like everything else in this game?

LOL, I don't accept offers to level people in TLOPO due to the free game status.
If you have a paying Steam game or whatnot, I'm your man.
Darn. Nahh, I do pretty well already in my other games. I get epileptic with Tetris games for some reason.

Now I've caught up on the thread and tire of seeing my name.

I don’t know, man.

What I meant by “action” is just you and I (on this forums) agreeing to declare we were wrong about the issue of whether or not trading would cause any adverse affect to TLOPO (or not). *If you look back carefully as to which post I had quoted of yours (which brought this all about) it was a post I had written in response to your claim that trading itself would likely NOT “ruin” players experience in playing TLOPO and if it did, whom cares. That is what had struck a nerve with me - because:
  • You keep stating how trading should be given a fair chance because NOBODY can predict the outcome to TLOPO if it was implemented
  • Your statement made about impact on players (post-trading) contradicts the above ^ point I stress
  • People whom have questioned trading’s impact upon TLOPO are told not to “feel” this way despite the fact, still, that NOBODY can predict what will or will not happen
That is where I am coming from, my friend.
Thanks for the pm and I can see how you took the post. The issue of how many it 'hurts' being not viable enough was in reference as the numbers aren't big enough warrant game including or not including a feature because of feelings. Maybe bad paraphrasing on my part, only speaking of raw numbers, not emotional numbers. I don't think they have to always go together in decisions. Numbers sometime win out no matter how ludicrous it would seem to how we feel something should be done.
Peace.

off topic, how do you do those bullet point thingies anyways?

Um, isn't that why we're in beta, to try stuff? What difference is trading than bringing in cannon defense. In beta, anything can go.
Didn't people basically break and ruin cannon defense running all the exploits? Like everything else in this game?
I feel like new features that aren't new clothes and weapons should be added in full release and cannon defense was in potco so every feature potco had should already be in beta before they switch over to full release

I feel like new features that aren't new clothes and weapons should be added in full release and cannon defense was in potco so every feature potco had should already be in beta before they switch over to full release
This post is valid, ty. Guess you forgot about QAR tho. ;)

The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's, frankly it's not the discussion (or a specific person) that makes it controversial, it's a feature that in of it itself, is controversial.
I disagree with the part about the negativity being greater because I feel like most players wouldn't scam others or trade their items for money because word will spread and some might get banned/termed

The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's, frankly it's not the discussion (or a specific person) that makes it controversial, it's a feature that in of it itself, is controversial.
"The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's"
Well, you are entitled to your opinions whether they are backed up or not by numbers like all the polls in trading threads that seem to read on the contrary.
My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all. Swapping accounts is controversial, sinking half an ocean of players with a cheat in game is controversial, seeing Hex and Tia together would be controversial, Tia likes men with meat on their bones. But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the level as controversial, let alone negative in my opinion. I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games.

Last edited:
"The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's"
Well, you are entitled to your opinions whether they are backed up or not by numbers like all the polls in trading threads that seem to read on the contrary.
My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all. Swapping accounts is controversial, sinking half an ocean of players with a cheat in game is controversial, seeing Hex and Tia together would be controversial, Tia likes men with meat on their bones. But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the label as controversial, let alone negative in my opinion. I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games.
The whole topic of trading is basically the epitome of controversial.

Trading would be useful for legendary weapon completionists, but the game is perfectly playable without it. You don't have to worry about looting and holding onto certain items just because they are worth something to other people. You get loot rng like everyone else and only have to keep what you personally value. That's the way the game was meant to be played in my opinion.

My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all. Swapping accounts is controversial, sinking half an ocean of players with a cheat in game is controversial, seeing Hex and Tia together would be controversial, Tia likes men with meat on their bones. But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the label as controversial, let alone negative in my opinion. I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games.
"I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games." Clearly, you have not read my response to darkslinger's post then.

"But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the label as controversial" is this that ol' "It's just a game" argument? Honestly i don't see the constructiveness of this post, it's fact not an opinion that they're pro's and con's to both implementing and not implementing the feature.

"My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all" please explain your reasoning, so i can offer a proper rebuttal, cause at this point there's not much to dig into from your side.

Yes, the "nibbles" principle is key here!
And that train to nowhere is right on time, as usual!

One of the key issues I wanted to evolve here was that not many people have envisioned an actual trading scenario in-game.
How many people have 2 WEB or Leviathans to trade anyway?
And what about all those "hackers", lol!?!
So many things to look at and think about.

Glad you are having fun here but I can say that many people (not on this,forum) have,discussed trading with me in game in the context of role playing. A trading feature would greatly enhance role play. For example say someone is role playing a pirate who was orphaned at a young age and encounters someone who knew his father. The orphan could trade for his long lost father's sword or other personal affects.

Trading would facilitate the development of individual storylines and player invented game content making countless hours of activity available without requiring the devs time to generate it. I can certainly imagine bestowing my own made up quests for guild members to accomplish in exchange for items they might want from my inventory.

Glad you are having fun here but I can say that many people (not on this,forum) have,discussed trading with me in game in the context of role playing. A trading feature would greatly enhance role play. For example say someone is role playing a pirate who was orphaned at a young age and encounters someone who knew his father. The orphan could trade for his long lost father's sword or other personal affects.

Trading would facilitate the development of individual storylines and player invented game content making countless hours of activity available without requiring the devs time to generate it. I can certainly imagine bestowing my own made up quests for guild members to accomplish in exchange for items they might want from my inventory.
I don't see how this would affect roleplaying, you can always just roleplay that there is a trading system, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back