Suggestion Trash Loot Container Contents

I propose a means of trashing items in a loot container. This would make it easier to sift through loot during heavy looting sessions or otherwise when loot containers tend to accumulate.

Proposed Options
  1. Right click on individual loot items
    • Right clicking on a loot item would bring up a dialog to confirm you wish to trash the item (similar to dragging an item on the trash can in your inventory).
  2. "Trash All" button
    • A "Trash All" button would be placed on the left side of the window (away from the "Take All" button).
    • Clicking the "Trash All" button would bring up a dialog to confirm that you want to trash everything in the container.
For safety's sake, there may be a second confirmation dialog in instances where the container contains famed or legendary items, with an appropriately worded message.

I propose a means of trashing items in a loot container. This would make it easier to sift through loot during heavy looting sessions or otherwise when loot containers tend to accumulate.

Proposed Options
  1. Right click on individual loot items
    • Right clicking on a loot item would bring up a dialog to confirm you wish to trash the item (similar to dragging an item on the trash can in your inventory).
  2. "Trash All" button
    • A "Trash All" button would be placed on the left side of the window (away from the "Take All" button).
    • Clicking the "Trash All" button would bring up a dialog to confirm that you want to trash everything in the container.
For safety's sake, there may be a second confirmation dialog in instances where the container contains famed or legendary items, with an appropriately worded message.
Interesting, but instead of burdening loot containers and maybe adding more steps than there is, the devs could give us a auto right click for multiple items in our inventory that we want to trash. As it is you have to click a single item and make another click to dump it, just like the old sell feature before they improved it. I save things to page two, and on page one the things I've already decided to get rid of stack up. I know ahead of time what I want to trash. It seems the container 'take all' button already puts our decision making later in our inventory, instead while in a boss group.

Interesting, but instead of burdening loot containers and maybe adding more steps than there is, the devs could give us a auto right click for multiple items in our inventory that we want to trash. As it is you have to click a single item and make another click to dump it, just like the old sell feature before they improved it. I save things to page two, and on page one the things I've already decided to get rid of stack up. I know ahead of time what I want to trash. It seems the container 'take all' button already puts our decision making later in our inventory, instead while in a boss group.

Adding the button might not be reasonable due to the layout of the loot window, but adding a right click option would be nearly painless for players. Currently, right clicking on an item in the loot window is a no-op (does absolutely nothing). Adding functionality causes no burden on the user whatsoever, since it doesn't change the existing UI and otherwise has no impact on any existing functionality. The only thing it does is add the ability to trash items from a loot container without ever adding them to your inventory.

Currently, if I want a loot container to disappear before the timeout period (often necessary when looting numerous enemies), the process is as follows:

1. Collect all items from a loot container
  2. Open my inventory
  3. Go through my inventory looking for items I don't want
    1. Hover to see what it is
    2. Drag to the trash if I don't want it
    3. Confirm that I want to trash it
If I haven't kept my inventory perfectly arranged and ordered, some items may be interleaved with other stuff I want to keep, further complicating the cleanup effort.

Process with right-click to trash option:
  1. Left click items in the loot container I want
  2. Right click and confirm to trash on each item I don't want
With the right click to trash from a loot container option, I would simply pick which items I want and trash the rest.

Many users would likely find this very useful. For those that don't, you don't need to use it. It would be very unobtrusive (if implemented as the right-click option).

It would be a nice quality of life improvement to be able to take what you want from a loot container then be able to automatically trash the rest of the loot via a "Trash All" button like you suggested. Definitely would like to see this added.

Taking everything then trashing it (the only option available now) is awfully inconvenient when its in a laggy setting like at a boss or if your inventory is full.

Is picking what you want then hitting esc to close the container basically the same thing? If the container could be made to go away entirely after hitting escape that would seem to be a shorter less clicky solution.

Is picking what you want then hitting esc to close the container basically the same thing? If the container could be made to go away entirely after hitting escape that would seem to be a shorter less clicky solution.
Sone people want to double check what's inside a loot container after they close the loot window, I think the right click option to trash items would work fine and a lot of people will get used to left clicking to take an item and right clicking to trash an item.

Sone people want to double check what's inside a loot container after they close the loot window, I think the right click option to trash items would work fine and a lot of people will get used to left clicking to take an item and right clicking to trash an item.

Yes, exactly. I agree that making a chest disappear upon closing would create issues. When things are moving fast, it would be easy to accidentally close a chest with something valuable. This is also why the confirmation dialog is so important for trashing items.

another thread about this. always nice to see other people have the same ideas as you. seems like a good chunk of the community wants this tbh. I think the idea is fantastic

another thread about this. always nice to see other people have the same ideas as you. seems like a good chunk of the community wants this tbh. I think the idea is fantastic

Can you post a link to the other thread? I searched prior to posting but didn't find anything. I'd be interested to see what you (or the poster) suggested for the implementation.

Can you post a link to the other thread? I searched prior to posting but didn't find anything. I'd be interested to see what you (or the poster) suggested for the implementation.
there's been a few more i believe. 1 or 2 of these throw around different ideas and even show concept images.
always good to see new threads popping up about this because it shows other people want this and reminds the devs that this is a neat QOL feature ;)

Since it isn't really clear what situation this suggestion is requested for, and I was basically referring to group looting, perhaps not clearly as well, and I'm in another camp that trying to do all that while in heavy action isn't very conductive to game play, I'm out of this conversation.

there's been a few more i believe. 1 or 2 of these throw around different ideas and even show concept images.
always good to see new threads popping up about this because it shows other people want this and reminds the devs that this is a neat QOL feature ;)

Thanks, I appreciate the response. After review, I think the "Trash All" button would be nice, but may be difficult to implement correctly (relatively speaking) and would require some redesign of the loot UI. The "right click to trash" option may be the most painless, from both the dev and user perspective. (FYI, I'm a developer (not TLOPO)).

Back