Suggestion Trivia in bars

Trivia night is a must have. But the questions should pertain to Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, as to maintain consistency w/ what this game is all abt. But at the same time, i def feel like having soley pirate related questions would get boring fast. Maybe have individual players be able to take a "stage" and ask questions that the audience can answer.

Trivia night is a must have. But the questions should pertain to Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, as to maintain consistency w/ what this game is all abt. But at the same time, i def feel like having soley pirate related questions would get boring fast. Maybe have individual players be able to take a "stage" and ask questions that the audience can answer.
kinda like sharades where if someone gets its right they get a point? and the one with the most points wins? this case it would be gold, not any players gold unless we want a high stakes trivia.

I like the idea, but I bet there's some Disney legal mumbo jumbo that prevents the devs from implementing anymore POTC stuff, I might be wrong though. It would probably be ok if the questions were self-contained within the game at least...

I like the idea, but I bet there's some Disney legal mumbo jumbo that prevents the devs from implementing anymore POTC stuff, I might be wrong though. It would probably be ok if the questions were self-contained within the game at least...
if that was the case, then captain jack would have to be removed from the game, so i doubt it

I mean characters that were already in the game wouldn't … there was some post I remember about how the TLOPO staff will not be adding more characters from the POTC series and the reason was something legal, which made me think of that here. Idk, might be wrong. There might be some specific characters that are more open to license than others.

I mean characters that were already in the game wouldn't … there was some post I remember about how the TLOPO staff will not be adding more characters from the POTC series and the reason was something legal, which made me think of that here. Idk, might be wrong. There might be some specific characters that are more open to license than others.
yeah but thats character models, if it was text then any fan fourm that discusses POTCO like this one would be taken down.

if you can do trivia here you can do it in game too, least thats how i see it.

I do like this idea! Set it up competitively and have timed mutliple choice answers, gold for the winner, or even items, clothing or tattoo :D Of course, there would have to be enough questions that there wouldn't be many repeats.
I could be wrong, but I believe they can't add anything POTCO related that is not already in the game. Therefore, any trivia would be derived from in-game/storyline/quest material- but there should be enough. We all know Gunner needs all the rum, but how many kinds does he actually ask for? ;)

I do like this idea! Set it up competitively and have timed mutliple choice answers, gold for the winner, or even items, clothing or tattoo :D Of course, there would have to be enough questions that there wouldn't be many repeats.
I could be wrong, but I believe they can't add anything POTCO related that is not already in the game. Therefore, any trivia would be derived from in-game/storyline/quest material- but there should be enough. We all know Gunner needs all the rum, but how many kinds does he actually ask for? ;)
IDK, i don't think it would violate copy right laws if they just have triva questions about the movies, now in game models sure, but text on a screen? no

IDK, i don't think it would violate copy right laws if they just have triva questions about the movies, now in game models sure, but text on a screen? no
That's why I said I could be wrong-I'm not sure lol There are quite a few threads on this topic if you are interested in checking them out. :)

Regardless, i think it's a great idea that someday could be put into the game.

Add mini trivia game in bars.
Now that I think a little on this subject, does it have to be in-game pirate utilized? Could a triva be an community event derived from the lobby as in going to one of the taverns, and people just play trivia while hanging around and socializing as themselves and not toons and get leader-board recognition? Like the real thing in bars still, you can go in and see your name on a screen in a weekly, monthly leader-board type deal. Or guild against guild? Tavern against Tavern? Like you go to PR tavern and play Tortuga tavern. We'll see how the lobbies work, but I think they're basically PVP content right now. A trivia PVP event would probably be the only pvp I'd ever participate in.

Or maybe that is what you meant in the first place? I wasn't really sure.

Now that I think a little on this subject, does it have to be in-game pirate utilized? Could a triva be an community event derived from the lobby as in going to one of the taverns, and people just play trivia while hanging around and socializing as themselves and not toons and get leader-board recognition? Like the real thing in bars still, you can go in and see your name on a screen in a weekly, monthly leader-board type deal. Or guild against guild? Tavern against Tavern? Like you go to PR tavern and play Tortuga tavern. We'll see how the lobbies work, but I think they're basically PVP content right now. A trivia PVP event would probably be the only pvp I'd ever participate in.

Or maybe that is what you meant in the first place? I wasn't really sure.

Yes that is what i was thinking.

Back