[true]sad Guild Story

Firehazzard

Honorable Pirate
CAUTION; very sad text
When I first joined Pirates of the Carribean online I was thrilled. Pirates is my favourite.. Era? My character name was very unoriginal and I totally regret it. "Dog". My first character EVER. After reaching Notoriety 10 I was invited to a Guild. Like every other they are special in each way. "Sea Lore". A BIG guild with a BIG heart. Little did I know the Guild leader has a dangerous disease known as "Leukemia".​
"Leukemia (American English) or leukaemia (British English) is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of white blood cells. Leukemia is a broad term covering a spectrum of diseases. In turn, it is part of the even broader group of diseases called hematological neoplasms." -- Wikipedia​
She wasn't expected to live long, so we made her last days worth while. We had fun, pillaged.. Glitched in the sky of Kings Run >_> , and did lots of stuff. Remember, this was before the "Famed, Legendary" weapons. But the Iron cutlass and double barreled pistol.​
During her last day she went online just to say hi. She gave away her characters. All level 50 and one of them with 3 War Galleons (crazy). You may think she could be a "Nerd" , "Geek" , "Loser". But she could be doing this to escape the feeling that she was dieing.​
Before she logged out we were all in Tortuga with her just to say bye. She logged off and she went to the Hospital.​
A day after a IRL friend of hers who is in the guild told us all she died, but in Peace.​
TRUE STORY​
Thanks for reading.​

Your story was making my eyes teary. That just proved that friends on Potco and on this forums are as "close and real" as real life friends. May she rest in peace.
sad1.gif

CAUTION; very sad text
When I first joined Pirates of the Carribean online I was thrilled. Pirates is my favourite.. Era? My character name was very unoriginal and I totally regret it. "Dog". My first character EVER. After reaching Notoriety 10 I was invited to a Guild. Like every other they are special in each way. "Sea Lore". A BIG guild with a BIG heart. Little did I know the Guild leader has a dangerous disease known as "Leukemia".​
"Leukemia (American English) or leukaemia (British English) is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of white blood cells. Leukemia is a broad term covering a spectrum of diseases. In turn, it is part of the even broader group of diseases called hematological neoplasms." -- Wikipedia​
She wasn't expected to live long, so we made her last days worth while. We had fun, pillaged.. Glitched in the sky of Kings Run >_> , and did lots of stuff. Remember, this was before the "Famed, Legendary" weapons. But the Iron cutlass and double barreled pistol.​
During her last day she went online just to say hi. She gave away her characters. All level 50 and one of them with 3 War Galleons (crazy). You may think she could be a "Nerd" , "Geek" , "Loser". But she could be doing this to escape the feeling that she was dieing.​
Before she logged out we were all in Tortuga with her just to say bye. She logged off and she went to the Hospital.​
A day after a IRL friend of hers who is in the guild told us all she died, but in Peace.​
TRUE STORY​
Thanks for reading.​

Sorry to hear about your friend,
Dr. Firehazzard.
do you still have a pirate in Sea Lore named Dog ?

Even though I never knew her, it feels that I lost someone close
EDIT (Mar 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM):
Btw those who don't know IRL= In real life.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and GM.....I too, had a great friend....a year ago we lost her from pneumonia.
She would play everyday while in the hospital on her laptop like she wasn't even ill. I miss her!
angel.gif

i remember those times it was fun and as for your guild r.i.p. and i am in a similar situation in the fact that a friend of mine (not real life just in game) named solomon one day said he had some disease and that day at kingshead was the last time i would ever see him it was me solomon and davy bridgerackham we were all joking around killing the navy when we could and after he kept going around asking people out he told us he had a rare disease of some kind at first i thought he was joking but now i regret it after that day i never saw him again and to this day i wonder is he a similar case like the rest where he just quit or is he dead

in honor of solomon i kept him in my guild and on my friends list but something went wrong and they glitched my guild sadly solomon had left the guild due to this i often wonder what it would be like if he ever came back online and solomon's legacy has not been kept alive the only people that knew or would ever remember him are me and davy

thats really sad but my school has a fund raiser twice a year for that disease, pasta for pennies :)

Yeah mine did that...
EDIT (Mar 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM):
Im sorry for your loss. Even reading it i thought i was going to cry. Can't stand hearing the last stories known as people's lives. Knowing that i just lost a family member to cancer...

Back