Turning radius: Frigate vs. Brig

Jamie Stormfury

Honorable Pirate
I was having a hard time deciding whether to buy a war frigate or war brig. They were so equal to me, that the only thing that would solve this issue, would be the turning radius. If the brig turned faster, I'd buy it instead of frigate.

I tested this. I bought a light frigate and a light brig (I assume they have same turning radiuses as their war class equivalents), and measured how long does it take to do a 360 degree turn standing still/0 speed, no skill points on tacking, full ship health. Repeated 10 times for both ships and counted the averages.

Results:

Light Frigate:
Lowest: 33.28 seconds
Average: 33.39 s
Highest: 33.60 s

Light Brig:
Lowest: 28.51 s
Average: 28.59 s
Highest: 28.80 s

So i think i can say brig turns 14.38 % faster, (33.39 - 28.59) / 33.39 = 0.14375 = 14.38 %.
And i'll buy a war brig.

It would be great, if an owner of War Brig/Frigate could test this as well to confirm that the turning is same with Warships.

I have been trying to decide between them myself - Thanks this will help with the decision - Still need to drive a brig - bought a galleon once and hated it - the sails stuck up to high and I always felt I was fighting to see above them don't want to spend the 80k to find something goofy like that bugging me

I had a war frigate war brig and war sloop in potco and the war brig just didn't appeal to me as much. I feel the front cannons of a frigate give it a HUGE advantage in svs and it has amazing armor. Not to mention that the war brig is way too expensive. This is why I'm making one of my war frigates a storm chaser or firestorm ;).

Last edited:
I have been trying to decide between them myself - Thanks this will help with the decision - Still need to drive a brig - bought a galleon once and hated it - the sails stuck up to high and I always felt I was fighting to see above them don't want to spend the 80k to find something goofy like that bugging me
I usually sailed with a war gal in potco and the sails really bothered me as well. When I got my first war frigate I just sold the galleon and never regretted it.

Back