Ugh, the forums

Thms Rees

Pirate
Now, I have what I'd call a better than average PC, and my internet is pretty good too.

This has been like this since I joined the forums, and I've just confirmed that I only have google chrome running in my task manager using about 3% disc space and 100mb of RAM, yet the forums are extremely laggy.

I dont have this problem on any other sites, and obviously this isn't a huge problem, just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this.

I've never had a problem with the forums. I just got a new laptop too and run Chrome. It's just the updated version of Chrome. I find IE to be laggy with everything and hate it. Firefox the same thing.

I've never experienced choppiness/lagginess on here. It's all pretty responsive and fluid for me.

That being said, from your post I'm assuming you're using Google Chrome. A few questions:
  • What version of Chrome are you on? (Latest is 58.0.3029.81)
  • What OS are you using?
  • In Chrome settings, do you have hardware acceleration enabled?

Google us up to date,
Using Windows 10,
Yes it's enabled.
Smooth scrolling settings would probably be worth visiting.

In Chrome, type chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling. Try setting the dropdown menu on that option to "Enabled."

Additionally, from the Windows Control Panel, check to see that it's enabled in Internet Options as well.
ab16604b6023cb72b66601cc450800bd.png

Smooth scrolling settings would probably be worth visiting.

In Chrome, type chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling. Try setting the dropdown menu on that option to "Enabled."

Additionally, from the Windows Control Panel, check to see that it's enabled in Internet Options as well.
ab16604b6023cb72b66601cc450800bd.png
i'll check it out, thanks!

I can't say I've ever experienced this problem outside of old or unsupported browsers, and I'm not running terribly modern hardware either. I'm not too sure what the cause would be unfortunately.

Have you tried different browsers just to test if it's any better? It may help to narrow things down.

Back