Unable To Look At Loot

River

Wanted Pirate
Every now and then I won't be able to open up a loot container. I am not too sure how it happens. From what I have noticed, it occurs only with Loot Skull Chests.

In this screenshot I got two Loot Skull Chests that were glitched and was unable to open them.
Screenshot (201).png

Every now and then I won't be able to open up a loot container. I am not too sure how it happens. From what I have noticed, it occurs only with Loot Skull Chests.

In this screenshot I got two Loot Skull Chests that were glitched and was unable to open them.
View attachment 103008
If they were sparkling, then you have a for sure glitch, but in your pic I don't see sparkles. Usually that means you didn't make a hit on the enemy. If you were alone, and killed them then this should be reported in game as well as on the forums like you did.

If they were sparkling, then you have a for sure glitch, but in your pic I don't see sparkles. Usually that means you didn't make a hit on the enemy. If you were alone, and killed them then this should be reported in game as well as on the forums like you did.
I have been the only one fighting. This is a glitch or certain.

I have had cases where the enemy has been at full health, I have killed them, only to have it spawn a loot pouch, chest, etc and being unable to open it. In a way it makes me believe as though someone had previously attuned or angered that enemy so it logged them as the possible first attacker and gave them priority despite the lack of presence or damage.

I have had cases where the enemy has been at full health, I have killed them, only to have it spawn a loot pouch, chest, etc and being unable to open it. In a way it makes me believe as though someone had previously attuned or angered that enemy so it logged them as the possible first attacker and gave them priority despite the lack of presence or damage.
That shouldn't matter. Anyone who gets a hit on the enemy should get equal access to the loot drop. If they don't, it's glitched.

View attachment 103008
Looting has 2 errors with drops.

The first bug is only centered around Blunderbuss targeting. It has a credit error. - You will only receive loot access to the target you were AIMING AT Or the NEAREST TARGET (if you don't have one selected on your blunderbuss sight) - You must hit every enemy with a different weapon before using Blunderbuss to get credit (For more than one target)

The second bug is weapon activity. - If an enemy is defeated (That you hit) and you're not holding a WEAPON. You WILL see loot "Sparkle" AND be able to see the "Green Ring" but you will NOT be able to open it. - You must have your weapon out as the enemy dies.

Hope this answered all your questions! ^

The first bug is only centered around Blunderbuss targeting. It has a credit error. - You will only receive loot access to the target you were AIMING AT Or the NEAREST TARGET (if you don't have one selected on your blunderbuss sight) - You must hit every enemy with a different weapon before using Blunderbuss to get credit (For more than one target)

The second bug is weapon activity. - If an enemy is defeated (That you hit) and you're not holding a WEAPON. You WILL see loot "Sparkle" AND be able to see the "Green Ring" but you will NOT be able to open it. - You must have your weapon out as the enemy dies.

I'd like to add to this, Charles. I've found that if you have a loot container opened at the same time as someone kills an enemy (that you had hit), you cannot open any loot container dropped by that enemy. This bug also gives the green ring.

There's more to it than just that. I've seen sparkling loot that wouldn't open, a lot of sparkling loot that will only open if you move away and try opening after you return, loot that persists long after one minute (openable or not), and loot that doesn't sparkle even though you got a hit all while looting with swords having never put away my sword. There's probably more, those are just things that jump out at me while thinking about this. It's like Murphy's Law.

There's more to it than just that. I've seen sparkling loot that wouldn't open, a lot of sparkling loot that will only open if you move away and try opening after you return, loot that persists long after one minute (openable or not), and loot that doesn't sparkle even though you got a hit all while looting with swords having never put away my sword. There's probably more, those are just things that jump out at me while thinking about this. It's like Murphy's Law.
I know, I'll make a more detailed post on how loot works later. There is TONS of things with loot Haha

View attachment 103008
It is not confined to skulls for me, I've had this with every type of loot container.

View attachment 103008
I can't help but notice that the skulls in your screenshot have their lids on, how old is that shot? I've not seen skulls like that since the big update.

I can't help but notice that the skulls in your screenshot have their lids on, how old is that shot? I've not seen skulls like that since the big update.
That's the only way I see skulls, are you perhaps meaning the lids are smaller or different now? They always have lids and the lids pop open when I loot them.

Are you playing on an Apple computer? I've noticed a glitch on Apple computers where the lids on both types of loot chests are on the ground instead of on the chest itself. In the screenshot I was using my PC.

Are you playing on an Apple computer? I've noticed a glitch on Apple computers where the lids on both types of loot chests are on the ground instead of on the chest itself. In the screenshot I was using my PC.
Well, I've seen them glitched on both os's and they look pretty silly with the lids down around their bottoms.
But it's still a beta.
Loot still disappears, chests sit there defying you to open them, skull chests with 3 gold and a middle finger (which may actually not be a mistake) and their lids down around their butts. I recently had a plant chase me. And not a stump. lol

Back