Question Unapproved Pirate Name

I've seen some weird names. Not trying to call attention to this particular person, but they're called Azazel - the name of a literal freaking demon, and that's somehow fine? It really makes you scratch your head. Lol
I've seen some weird names. Not trying to call attention to this particular person, but they're called Azazel - the name of a literal freaking demon, and that's somehow fine? It really makes you scratch your head. Lol

Azazel is actually one of my guild members, and he's a nice kid, despite the name he picked for his pirate.

Excellent point. The name "Broccoli" should probably be revoked. Thanks for the reminder!!
Hope you're not actually being serious. Coming from you I'm disappointed.

If anyone wanted to talk about weed in-game (I doubt it'd happen but humor me) they'd be rightly called out for being a pretentious twelve-year-old that thinks they're cool for it. They'd make it abundantly clear to all that they're not worth talking to and the situation would handle itself. I think the players of this game are more responsible than you're giving them credit for.

I can't believe we can't even share our recipes on TLOPO. I mean, come on people, it's [current year].

Hope you're not actually being serious. Coming from you I'm disappointed.

If anyone wanted to talk about weed in-game (I doubt it'd happen but humor me) they'd be rightly called out for being a pretentious twelve-year-old that thinks they're cool for it. They'd make it abundantly clear to all that they're not worth talking to and the situation would handle itself. I think the players of this game are more responsible than you're giving them credit for.

I can't believe we can't even share our recipes on TLOPO. I mean, come on people, it's [current year].
It was a joke, yes.

Just to clarify. As far as I can see, the pirates that have been mentioned here are solely as an example of what names are in game currently and are not being mentioned for any personal reason.
Naming, shaming and disrespectful behaviour towards members are against the forums T&R.

I didn't think anyone was trying to shame anyone :) I just know sometimes people's decisions on names can make them look like maybe they aren't the best of person :p

No need to jump to defense, Jeanine. I don't judge anyone based on their avatar name alone. I myself think of some pretty crazy ones. But I did use it as an example to point out what appears to be some inconsistencies in the guidelines. It seems rather subjective, the way they handle it.

Update: I resubmitted the name "Dr. Watermelon" -- omitting the "Jones" to see if that was the kicker. It's been 4 days, and it has not yet been approved or denied. Most peculiar indeed...

No need to jump to defense, Jeanine. I don't judge anyone based on their avatar name alone. I myself think of some pretty crazy ones. But I did use it as an example to point out what appears to be some inconsistencies in the guidelines. It seems rather subjective, the way they handle it.

Update: I resubmitted the name "Dr. Watermelon" -- omitting the "Jones" to see if that was the kicker. It's been 4 days, and it has not yet been approved or denied. Most peculiar indeed...

Was not “jumping to defense” at all.

ok first of all your comment really made me laugh and one of my mates called you a butthurt Lol and that you sound like a 12 year old but dw its all good rofl. Anyways you got my attention now sir..... and honesty i find the name cool idk it was just my personal choice and I just gave a shot at it and it got accepted lol so I'm happy with that, and well I don't think it's a bad name idk what you are talking about unless if your scared of demons Lol. ✌

ok first of all your comment really made me laugh and one of my mates called you a butthurt Lol and that you sound like a 12 year old but dw its all good rofl. Anyways you got my attention now sir..... and honesty i find the name cool idk it was just my personal choice and I just gave a shot at it and it got accepted lol so I'm happy with that, and well I don't think it's a bad name idk what you are talking about unless if your scared of demons Lol. ✌

Ok...I'm going to try to explain this, a second time, as neutrally as possible. Not once did I say that I personally find your name to be bad. I wasn't calling you out. It isn't personal, so don't take it that way. But it is interesting considering that your name was accepted, and something containing the name of a fruit was not. I'm sure your mate thinks that I'm personally offended that my watermelon name wasn't accepted. That's not what this thread is about. It's about the inconsistency and subjectivity of the whitelisting of names. I'm making a point, not whining that my silly name was denied. Because I'm sure this also affects other people.

Good day. And welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
Ok...I'm going to try to explain this, a second time, as neutrally as possible. Not once did I say that I personally find your name to be bad. I wasn't calling you out. It isn't personal, so don't take it that way. But it is interesting considering that your name was accepted, and something containing the name of a fruit was not. I'm sure your mate thinks that I'm personally offended that my watermelon name wasn't accepted. That's not what this thread is about. It's about the inconsistency and subjectivity of the whitelisting of names. I'm making a point, not whining that my silly name was denied. Because I'm sure this also affects other people.
It's all good bro, I get what you trying to say
And ty ✌have a blessed Christmas.

Last edited:
Well, this is a week old and the fact that your avatar is also satanic, you should at least try to accept it that quite a few people may find that unsettling. And using a known demon god THEN adding such an avatar suggests it's a tad more than cool with you. Not making any judgements on you. but your actions belie your sentiments.
But then again, there's alot of young people who worship, well thats a strong word, young people who are attracted to artwork without really understanding the underlining imagry's real meaning. Perhaps thats whats happening here.

The swastika image itself was from a more ancient time and wasn't a negative image. Now in modern times it seems to be. The upside down star and cross probably comes from ancient pagan rituals that covered just about anything imaginable and may also have forked into devil rituals as well thus more modern times getting the devil associations now. Our modern advertising and movie machines in the last hundred years probably are more responsible for convoluting imagery than all the people combined.

So, if some actions happen now, you probably shouldn't take it personal. Just look a little closer of what you publish and think what others may think about it.

GL

Well, this is a week old and the fact that your avatar is also satanic, you should at least try to accept it that quite a few people may find that unsettling. And using a known demon god THEN adding such an avatar suggests it's a tad more than cool with you. Not making any judgements on you. but your actions belie your sentiments.
But then again, there's alot of young people who worship, well thats a strong word, young people who are attracted to artwork without really understanding the underlining imagry's real meaning. Perhaps thats whats happening here.

The swastika image itself was from a more ancient time and wasn't a negative image. Now in modern times it seems to be. The upside down star and cross probably comes from ancient pagan rituals that covered just about anything imaginable and may also have forked into devil rituals as well thus more modern times getting the devil associations now. Our modern advertising and movie machines in the last hundred years probably are more responsible for convoluting imagery than all the people combined.

So, if some actions happen now, you probably shouldn't take it personal. Just look a little closer of what you publish and think what others may think about it.

GL
Ok? Lool
My pirate is already lvl 50 so I'm still not worried if they remove my pirate name, which I'm pretty sure they wont but idk and I barley even use forum Lol

Last edited:
Back