Would you like all this to be added?

• Yes

• No

• Some of it

• Meow

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wemnix

Swashbuckler
This is my first post, so this might be a little crazy. I know fist fighting is unreleased, and this is similar, but with a few changes. Welcome to Wem's World of Unarmed Combat Ideas!

The unlock quest
Unarmed combat unlocks at level 50, because only a master pirate can go up against a sword or gun-wielding opponent unarmed, and come out victorious. You go on a quest given to you by (surprisingly) Davy Jones, in Isla Tormenta. He doesn't like to use living people for his work, but he needs one, and you seemed like a good pirate for the job. You go to Isla Tormenta, and you have to fight some powerful Skeletons on your way to the giant green projection of Davy Jones. They are dead people that have escaped from Davy Jones' Locker, and he needs someone who can pass as human to stop them. Most of them can't be harmed by normal weapons. The ones you fought earlier could, but only because you caught them off guard. All others will be ready for you. Only by fists and feet can they fall. You unlock Unarmed Combat (only for use on Skeletal Pirates until you finish the quest), and then begin your quest to save the Caribbean! (And get some pretty sweet abilities while doing it.)

The final boss
I think this will be less likely to be added if I don't give the developers some room to add their own stuff, so I will leave the rest of the quest open to them! I have the final boss ready, though. Here we go! A level 60 Flagship of the Line, the Flying Dutchman. Those dead pirates stole it, and marooned Davy Jones and his crew on an island! (Davy Jones got a dinghy floating near the island, with no oars, because he can't touch land.) You have to attack and board them, taking down their leader, a skeletal Navy officer, known as Arthur Raven, who died during the attack on Port Royal by the Black Pearl (in the first movie) and so wants revenge on all pirates. When you beat him, he just get back up again, saying he is undead, and can't be killed. He says he only joined up with these dumb pirates in the first place to get a crew for a ship, then he would throw them all back into Davy Jones' Locker. They don't take that well. They throw him into a dinghy, and sink him, right then and there. Then you take control of the Flying Dutchman. You sail it to Rumrunner's Isle, where its crew gets back on, now with many more pirates in it!

The actual combat system
This isn't all about the quest! I have ideas for the actual combat system too. Rings and Boots get revamped, becoming similar to weapons. They get attack values, and abilities, allowing for many more options involving those. You can pick between Fist attacks and Foot attacks, using < and > for each. Each has 5 combo moves. Fist has Punch, Left Punch, Elbow Nose, Left Elbow Chin, and Hammer Strike (coming down with both fists on your opponent's head). Foot has Kick, Spinning Kick, Pushing Strike, Face Kick, and Tornado of Kicks (spinning around and kicking 3 times). Specials for Fist are Backhand, Vicious Uppercut, and Spinning Chop. Foot specials are Axe Kick, Sweeping Spin, and Furious Flurry. Passive skills are the same for both (like the other skills) and are Accuracy (makes combos harder to mistime), Unstoppable Strikes (makes your attacks never miss X% of the time) and unlocked automatically when you finish the Unlock Quest, Punishing Blows (doubles the Slow duration of all attacks other than voodoo and guns; your arms are much stronger from all this unarmed combat you have been doing)

Conclusion
It was really fun to sit down for an hour and think about what I would want for an unarmed combat system in a game. Being a black belt of a martial art, I knew quite a bit about what could be used in this game for this system. I love this game and would love to see these added. This will be pretty hard to do, I am sure, but I bet the players would love it. I know I would.

Thanks for considering these ideas!

-Wemnix Coltraz, AKA Raven Edgebreaker.

Last edited:
Back