UNBALANCED ~

S

Shamus The Brute

Bad guys/gals versus "bat" guys/gals (in online gaming); it's too unbalanced.

:batman:

Will it forever remain that way simply because nobody wants to be known or to be considered to be the BAT guy/gal out of fear of retaliation? How can good behaving players with good intentions get over this crutch and such ego?

*It's time to become a little bolder and to value our (online) reputation and status a little less for the sake of something bigger. Thoughts?

Note: for the record, I no longer care what others think about me online. There is much freedom in this, friend, if it is for the benefit of something positive and bigger. Won't you do the same?

I have grown quite tired now...of (online) bullying/trouble-makers:

Here's why:

;)

No Shamus, there's no anti-Shamus movement, just a bunch of people rolling their eyes. Of course they do that when I say stuff too, lol.
People roll their eyes :rolleyes: (and move them) when they take the focus off their own faults and shortcomings. Hence...it is always deliberate. ;)

People roll their eyes :rolleyes: (and move them) when they take the focus off their own faults and shortcomings. Hence...it is always deliberate. ;)

LOL, not too sure about that:hypno: I'm quite aware that I have plenty of faults and shortcomings and never loose sight of that when I roll my eyes, at least that's what I think. I roll my eyes when I feel I'm dealing with a loon regardless of whether I'm equally crazy in different ways or not.

(NSFW; language)

Notice from the above ^ movie clip, there are three (3) things:
1.) Bullies thrive within a group of two or more people
2.) Victims whom are bullied can gain support from one or more individuals around them (whom have the courage to 'speak up')
3.) There is great power in numbers with each of the above ^ instances

You know, wouldn't it be really cool :shades: if rules put in place discouraged bullying (as opposed to inadvertently 'protecting' it)? Hmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've been saying that changes that discourage the behavior, which don't have to be rules in fact, are the best way. I feel that harsher punishments after the fact are far less effective than making the behavior more difficult or less effective in the first place.

Yes, I've been saying that changes that discourage the behavior, which don't have to be rules in fact, are the best way. I feel that harsher punishments after the fact are far less effective than making the behavior more difficult or less effective in the first place.
One has to ask: how can it be so to where the "need" for someone to possess the intent to do wrong is kept at a minimum. *Until that question is answered, options by way of REPORTING and ignore will always be reactive...rather than PROACTIVE...towards helping to resolve the trolling/trouble-maker (online) issue. ;)

Back