"unchartered Waters," End Of The World, & The Truman Show.

S

Shamus The Brute

Ahoy everyone :ahoy:!

This thread is written to discuss the "sail to the end of the world" notification pirates receive as a result of sailing beyond UNCHARTERED waters on POTCO.

*For those of you pirates that are unaware, limitations exist on the game as to how far you may sail your ship (for both 'normal' sailing & plundering & privateering SVS).

A few days ago on the game, as I was privateering for France, I had sailed a little too far beyond the realm Disney would allow my ship to be Captained. As a result, Disney informed me that I could proceed no further & issued a warning inked in red lettering. This Disney warning took "the wind from me sails," so to speak. As a result, a couple of things I would like to say within this thread on-the-record.

OK. First of all, has Disney not heard the news??? THE WORLD IS ROUND, not FLAT!!! Um yeah. Hello, lol! Anyway, well...I guess we shouldn't hold it against them too much. It's a "small world" to them after all & maybe someday they will eventually catch on, lol.

Also, is it just me or does this abrupt notification while sailing remind you as it did me of the ending scene to the movie, "THE TRUMAN SHOW." See link below & read the information provided.

* Overview - Truman Burbank (Jim Carrey) discovers his whole life is not what he thought it was. Rather than a life filled with truth, it is a life based solely for the purpose of a reality tv show broadcasted 24 hours a day for people to watch. Truman is unaware that he has been watched since birth, and the people around him are "acting" out their roles & relationships to him. The island of Seahaven, Truman's place of residence, remains as fake as the sand upon it's beaches & has been constructed for the purposes of "sheltering" Truman from the truth of knowing the outside world.

Anyway, I feel Disney should create something far more interesting on the game to inform us pirates that our world is coming to an end while sailing. :) IDK. I have a few ideas. How about you? Let me hear of your suggestions &/or ideas you have concerning this matter. I don't know about you but...the effort & time it takes to sail to these unchartered waters should be worth at least a few glasses of lemonade - or better still - Rum in my book, lol.

Shamus, back in the time of pirates (sailors, captains etc.) they ALL thought the world was flat until Christopher Columbus came along, if you haven't seen, they're RP'ing what the Pirates's times were back then mate.
No offense to you or your post
BUT YOU ARE DUMB :excited:

JK!!!

I do realize this Jason &...I can't believe I am saying this but, thank you, lol. I am just making a comical point. Nothing more.
Yeah I was joking around, your not too dumb to not find that out.
I really haven't reached that point, I always stay in enemy ship range, But I have seen friends who have done it/
I have an Idea if you go too far you will end up in Davy Jones's Locker then you have to battle your way out, and enemies depend on your lvl.

Also, the "video" link to the movie I included is in Spanish (or Spanish 'related') & not English, half-way through.

Aye...If GOD speaks Spanish in Heaven :angel:, I better find a way to learn the language...& fast, lol!!!

EDIT (Mar 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM):
I have an Idea if you go too far you will end up in Davy Jones's Locker then you have to battle your way out, and enemies depend on your lvl.

Cool :iagree: That is a "great" idea, mate. *If they ever decided to change it in that way, it would definitely give me an excuse to stay out to sea much longer. I feel that I am a SALTY DOG. "Land" just doesn't move right for me, lol.

Also, is it just me or does this abrupt notification while sailing remind you as it did me of the ending scene to the movie, "THE TRUMAN SHOW." See link below & read the information provided.
omg i remember that movie!!!! i loved it :( poor jim carrey :sad1:

Also, the "video" link to the movie I included is in Spanish (or Spanish 'related') & not English, half-way through.

Aye...If GOD speaks Spanish in Heaven :angel:, I better find a way to learn the language...& fast, lol!!!

EDIT (Mar 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM):

Cool :iagree: That is a "great" idea, mate. *If they ever decided to change it in that way, it would definitely give me an excuse to stay out to sea much longer. I feel that I am a SALTY DOG. "Land" just doesn't move right for me, lol.
Asi me gusta! Spanish is awesome.
I hate being out at Sea, it just isn't me.

Shamus, back in the time of pirates (sailors, captains etc.) they ALL thought the world was flat until Christopher Columbus came along, if you haven't seen, they're RP'ing what the Pirates's times were back then mate.
No offense to you or your post
BUT YOU ARE DUMB :excited:

JK!!!
Dude Columbus sailed in 1492 and the game is around 1740s-ish. They would know the world was round by then. And I believe the end of the world is a reference to the movie series, when the pirates tried to rescue Jack and get blown off the edge of the world.

Dude Columbus sailed in 1492 and the game is around 1740s-ish. They would know the world was round by then. And I believe the end of the world is a reference to the movie series, when the pirates tried to rescue Jack and get blown off the edge of the world.
Well sorry, I haven't seen any of the movies. :confused:

ok. does anyone know that atv video game were when you drive to far it shoots you in the air? well potco could make the ocean flat and when you reach the edge you fall off and you get sent back to say right off the edge of your port of call island

i actuallyLOVEthe end of the world,..when pirates yell port, port,. port, they in such a hurry, i say, you ever been to the end of the world? No,..well i take you there myself, and we all going to have a party,....then you want to go to shore, you better swim,....cause i got all day,.....once i get there, i invite them all up top to dance, and yell, SCREEN SHOT! :woot:(that is my pirate Jade, she is just as bad as Bella when it comes to sailing, lol)
screenshot_2011-01-11_17-28-34.jpg

EDIT (Apr 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM):
I do realize this Jason &...I can't believe I am saying this but, thank you, lol. I am just making a comical point. Nothing more.

i dont know why, but personally, i always did like "dumb", to me it made the world go "round",....not flat,...jk, jason

i actuallyLOVEthe end of the world,..when pirates yell port, port,. port, they in such a hurry, i say, you ever been to the end of the world? No,..well i take you there myself, and we all going to have a party,....then you want to go to shore, you better swim,....cause i got all day,.....once i get there, i invite them all up top to dance, and yell, SCREEN SHOT! :woot:(that is my pirate Jade, she is just as bad as Bella when it comes to sailing, lol)View attachment 4268

ROFL. You are so funny, Bella. What you write makes me smile "everytime." ;)

Back