Up to 64th

redscarelett

Honorable Pirate
For those who are trying to increase your FPS. My desktop is a HP Slimline 450-A24 and the processor is solder to the board. It has only 4 Execution Unit for graphics, like 4 pipelines. there is 64 meg of dedicate memory and 1,782 meg of share memory.
The first screenshot had TLOPO directory in Program Files (x86) and second is TLOPO directory in Program Files. I'm running Windows 10 1809. I have not change the graphic driver from HP. It was released in 2016 version Intel 10.18.10.4252. The screenshot was take in Valor Ocean with 14 players including myself. This is a good find for the New Year.

screenshot_2019-02-05_18-49-32.jpg screenshot_2019-02-05_20-38-59.jpg

Are you comparing a difference on your end because of a system change/system upgrade or, are you saying something else otherwise? (A change within your post I am only understanding [besides the ‘huge’ boost in FPS] is the point you made about different directories being used).

My apologies. I am not too tech savvy.

It is how TLOPO_win64_setup_1.40.exe behaves if it place in a 32bit folder, Program Files (x86). TLOPO_winsetup_1.31.exe is 32bit installer of the game. So the new program will install in that folder. So I uninstall TOLPO and reinstall it again and in went to Program Files directory. Which is a 64bit folder, but there is a small problem, which is hopping oceans. This boost only works once. Change to a different ocean and I went back to 7.0 fps. Oceans which are popular has not been tested. This find may only work on certain type of machine. There needs to be more players to verify behavior. There is no need to apologies, developers may be better at explaining this, than I.

For those who are trying to increase your FPS. My desktop is a HP Slimline 450-A24 and the processor is solder to the board. It has only 4 Execution Unit for graphics, like 4 pipelines. there is 64 meg of dedicate memory and 1,782 meg of share memory.
The first screenshot had TLOPO directory in Program Files (x86) and second is TLOPO directory in Program Files. I'm running Windows 10 1809. I have not change the graphic driver from HP. It was released in 2016 version Intel 10.18.10.4252. The screenshot was take in Valor Ocean with 14 players including myself. This is a good find for the New Year.

View attachment 113187 View attachment 113188
You may have something there as starting with windows 7 I believe microsoft created the two different bit operating folders to better isolate 32 bit from 64bit from what I recon. Windows 64 will use the 64 bit folder for dll and such. So I wonder if one can just move everything into that 'program' folder and not the x86 folder. I don't recall tlopo gave me a choice when it installed. Maybe it did?
I'm going to look into this tonight and tomorrow and see whats up. It makes sense to me.

Now I'm wondering if I should wipe and have it install to the c: drive. Perhaps I can direct it to the 64bit folder for future proofing?

Just checked and I don't know what my install is doing to my playability. I have installed tlopo in a separate game hard drive from my c: drive. So basically it isn't showing up in either of those c: folders.
But the tlopo logo shows up under C:/user path. tlopo has no presence on my c: drive. IDK now.

Last edited:
Well me wish to show ye map of Windows 10 program file. But pigeon dropped in to the ocean, sorry matey. Try jpeg and png format and the bird crashed

Last edited:
With the latest update, my fps has increase by 2 fps. Only on least crowded oceans. It is great to those with integrated graphic. I have upgraded driver to win64_15.33.47.5059.exe and its a basic driver. Another plus for K.I.S.

With the latest update, my fps has increase by 2 fps. Only on least crowded oceans. It is great to those with integrated graphic. I have upgraded driver to win64_15.33.47.5059.exe and its a basic driver. Another plus for K.I.S.
Would that be the tlopo launcher file? If so, where did it install to? The x86 folder or the other one.

If you have the install in a different drive, you should be in 64 bit mode. 32 bit program are loaded to (x86) file. If I read what you had type, don't wipe it out. Only if TLOPO file are in a 32 bit program file.

Changing the subject. Which Island is a good place to find a crew for a boss battel. 10 years ago, I was muscled from the ship wheel, Hoping for something better this decade

If you have the install in a different drive, you should be in 64 bit mode. 32 bit program are loaded to (x86) file. If I read what you had type, don't wipe it out. Only if TLOPO file are in a 32 bit program file.
Now that you mention it, the launcher is the only thing yet to be 64bit, the game itself is still 32bit, so they may reside in different folders.

You can't change the subject that would be off topic and we are mandated to make you walk the blank wrapped in anchor chain.
But look for squintz and I'll be glad to crew for you and I don't steal ships. Port Royal is still popular on full oceans.

Back