Update Discussion and Feedback

Any idea what version? I can't reproduce on Chrome 33.

Windows doesn't antialias text very well so it could be a Windows issue. Can anyone else confirm? In any case, I unfortunately have little-to-no control over this problem.

It is Chrome 33. Not sure how I would know if it was a Windows problem though.

I can confirm that the current version is 33.0.1750.154 m.

Please check the pictures that I have attacted!

~Thank ye!~ ;)

Attachments

• chrome problem.png
    chrome problem.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 144
  • firefox.png
    firefox.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 149
@Samuel Calicoswain I have confirmed this is indeed a bug in Chrome on Windows. No other browsers or operating systems are affected, and unfortunately I have no control over the issue.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=137692

They are working on it, and it's close to being pushed out in the Chrome developer ("pre-beta") version.. from there it will take ~10 weeks to make it into the stable version. So the good news is that eventually it will sort itself out.

This is really not that big of a deal (and likely just 'cosmetic' at that) but, when reviewing the MEMBERS ONLINE NOW tab...when hovering over the title of a thread someone is currently viewing, we used to be able to "see" a quick description (actually just the first few line or two) of that thread along with the name of the individual whom had initiated that specific thread.

Anyway, just wanted to point out the change in case there was still an actual need for such option to be available. ;)

Not to be mean, but I don't like this new design of yours!

Honestly, there is no need to apologize! Everyone here shares a different point of view and we all must respect your opinion! IF - in any case want to suggest something or provide more information referring to changes about the new design you are more than welcome to do so!

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often!
;)

Last edited:
Nice new facelift on the forums Boss! :bow:
Looks crisp and clean, the white background reminds me too much of all the snow that just finally melted but my eyes are sensitive to light sometimes. A calming ivory or creamy color would look good, but not necessary I can put my shades on. :shades:

It looks great Davy!! Will help keep an eye out for any bugs. Wahoooo!
(AWWW our "Cheers Emote" is gone!).. /clink mugs!

Not To be Mean. But i Hate this new Forum Design.
That was rude and uncalled for. Davy does hard work on the forum. I can give you some lessons in etiquette on the side if you would like. (that wasn't rude, it was being serious) ;)

Davy, Just an idea..
The "Comment" field on our homepage allows about 3.5 inches length of text. The actual "Comment" button is at the far right. It looks like white space, but I'm not sure if it's needed for something. If the "Comment" field was 7 or 8 inches in length, it would eat that white space and also allow more content to fit on a page. (Just an idea) I think it looks great! :D @Davy Darkrage

Last edited:
The only thing I really have to complain about is where the ads are placed now. They are more annoying and I am more likely to accidentally click on them when I don't need gold or silver from Lear Capital.

Otherwise it is all good.

Ads are no longer politely tucked away, and I understand that is frustrating.. but in truth the ads don't really do any good when they're in places that are easily ignored.

We display no more ads than we used to, we just moved them to more visible locations. I think with some getting used to and a little mindfulness it should be easy not to click them accidentally. It should also be noted that the ads you see are tailored based on your interests (as determined by Google) and the words on the page you're viewing. The only control I have over them is disabling certain categories or blocking individual ads.

If advertisements are the bane of your existence, there exist ad blocker plugins for all browsers. I would really like for people to tolerate them, as they are what keep us afloat, however if you absolutely can't stand them I would rather you use an ad blocker than hate me ;)

I am still tuning the use and placement of ads, and I would like to explore options for removing at least some of them for active contributors to the site. Something like if you make more than 10 posts in a rolling 7 day period then they are removed until/unless you fall below that again.

I find the new dark version of the forums great! Thought i would mention how some of the text is difficult to read when displaying the pre profile window (don't know what to call it, lol).
Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 8.33.01 PM.png

Am I the only one who can't see the dark version or I it was only up for testing some other day last week for a few minutes?

Am I the only one who cannot see the dark version or it was only up for testing some other day last week for a few minutes?
I have no problem changing to dark version theme and vice-versa. Maybe you wanna clear your browser's history alongside with the cookies and report back when you are done with it?

:confused:

Oh never mind... I hadn't even seen the button AT THE VERY BOTTOM - I must add, I never pay attention that low lol -, to change it. :p

Now that I think of it, I think the one thing other than Ad placement that I would like to see changed, and I understand if I can't or if it will be tedious work but, what I personally miss is seeing the latest poster's avatar on the front page. Example:

"Example Not So Awesome Game | Latest: Avatar - 'Thread Na...' by NotSoGreatUser at 0:00:00"

I apologize if I am late to the party with this or anything of the sort but I felt like I should say something. Whether or not if that can be added back I am not sure of so I would understand if not. Thanks and apologies.

Back