Update Suggestion: Flags

Should we have flags in a future update?

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • I don't know, maybe

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Captain Jack Truesilver

Notorious Pirate
It's been said that pirates without their ships are akin to cake without frosting - or something along those lines. Well, what is one of the first things that comes to mind when you hear the words "pirate ship"?

I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

I think, in a future update, it would be more than fantastic if we were finally able to fly our true pirate colors; the Jolly Roger. It'd be great to customize said flags too, the way we can customize our ships, but of course that's optional.
A little bit of history about the pirate flag; they flew the black flag if they intended to offer quarter and parlay. If they flew a red flag bearing the skull and crossbones, it meant that they were taking no survivors - you were toast.
That said, I think it'd be even more interesting to implement a black flag/red flag feature as well...in some way...

Thoughts, ideas, impressions?

This is something I could see happening. I'm no graphical artist, but I don't think it would be too difficult to create some sort of skull and cross-bone emblem for sails. After all, there is a "Skull and Bones" ship upgrade.

:flag:

I think it would be neat if it could be done similar to customization of a ship's sails: pick a color and an emblem, and then hoist it up! (Of course skull & X-bones would hopefully be one of those emblems ;) along with black and red colors as options)

I think it would be neat if it could be done similar to customization of a ship's sails: pick a color and an emblem, and then hoist it up! (Of course skull & X-bones would hopefully be one of those emblems ;) along with black and red colors as options)
Yeah I'd definitely like it more if you had a variety of background colors and emblems. I've always wanted a black flag with a blue skull with crossed guns.

It's been said that pirates without their ships are akin to cake without frosting - or something along those lines. Well, what is one of the first things that comes to mind when you hear the words "pirate ship"?

I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

I think, in a future update, it would be more than fantastic if we were finally able to fly our true pirate colors; the Jolly Roger. It'd be great to customize said flags too, the way we can customize our ships, but of course that's optional.
A little bit of history about the pirate flag; they flew the black flag if they intended to offer quarter and parlay. If they flew a red flag bearing the skull and crossbones, it meant that they were taking no survivors - you were toast.
That said, I think it'd be even more interesting to implement a black flag/red flag feature as well...in some way...

Thoughts, ideas, impressions?
I do like this idea. Honestly, I think it would be better if they were 100% customizable in terms of emblem, color, size, (and maybe also placement?), but all in all I certainly do agree.

I do like this idea. Honestly, I think it would be better if they were 100% customizable in terms of emblem, color, size, (and maybe also placement?), but all in all I certainly do agree.
Oh yeah, definitely 100% customizable. Maybe they could add some feature where you flew your custom flag as your default flag, and when you decided to do some sea raiding, you could switch to the "no quarter" red flag.

Oh yeah, definitely 100% customizable. Maybe they could add some feature where you flew your custom flag as your default flag, and when you decided to do some sea raiding, you could switch to the "no quarter" red flag.
I find that to be quite intriguing. I think that would wonderfully suit the community as far as ship customization goes, but I feel as if more should be added in.

The only problem with 100% customization is moderating them. I'm assuming you mean drawing your own emblems and such, or combining shapes to make a custom emblem? That would require them to be approved before use to weed out trouble makers. If that's not what you meant, then don't mind me :p

This would be wonderful!!!
But I would go further beyond that:
A suggestion to be implemented in a future update (after the full release of the game as it was when the game closed in September 2013):

When we created a guild, we used to choose a name and nothing else.
Why not choose also a unique emblem?
The creator of the guild, after choosing a name, could upload an image (with a limited definition to avoid creating lag) that would identify each guild.
That emblem could automatically be loaded on the sails of the ships of all the pirates that belong to that guild.
Or even loaded on the shirt of each pirate of the same guild....

Well, just dreaming....
But Im sure it would be awesome to identify the guild by the ship sails. That would increase the identification of each pirate with his own guild and increase also mutual aid...

Oh my.... Come on.... Give us a chance to play this game again...

This would be wonderful!!!
But I would go further beyond that:
A suggestion to be implemented in a future update (after the full release of the game as it was when the game closed in September 2013):

When we created a guild, we used to choose a name and nothing else.
Why not choose also a unique emblem?
The creator of the guild, after choosing a name, could upload an image (with a limited definition to avoid creating lag) that would identify each guild.
That emblem could automatically be loaded on the sails of the ships of all the pirates that belong to that guild.
Or even loaded on the shirt of each pirate of the same guild....

Well, just dreaming....
But Im sure it would be awesome to identify the guild by the ship sails. That would increase the identification of each pirate with his own guild and increase also mutual aid...

Oh my.... Come on.... Give us a chance to play this game again...
I like you're thinking.
Having your own personal cabin would be cool also
I've made threads on previous forums about that before. You should post one about it. I love that idea.
The only problem with 100% customization is moderating them. I'm assuming you mean drawing your own emblems and such, or combining shapes to make a custom emblem? That would require them to be approved before use to weed out trouble makers. If that's not what you meant, then don't mind me :p
No, drawing your own flag is too much. I was thinking something along the lines of the sail customization, where you're given a pallet of colors and emblems and you mix and match until you find something that you like. Of course, I'd prefer a color wheel instead and a variety of different skulls (shapes, sizes, angles, etc.) as well as a variety of other objects (such as crossbones, crossed swords, crossed guns, hearts, spears, etc.). Something like that.
I find that to be quite intriguing. I think that would wonderfully suit the community as far as ship customization goes, but I feel as if more should be added in.
You feel like there should be more added in? Like what?

I was thinking of having guild flags, like you can have a guild symbol, (GM chooses of course) and then you can equip it on your ship, anywhere it would be set to fit, if introduced by the admins.

I was thinking of having guild flags, like you can have a guild symbol, (GM chooses of course) and then you can equip it on your ship, anywhere it would be set to fit, if introduced by the admins.
I really like that too. Maybe we could have three flags: your personal flag, your guild flag, and the "no quarter" red flag.

I really like that too. Maybe we could have three flags: your personal flag, your guild flag, and the "no quarter" red flag.
Being honest, I personally wouldn't use the "no quarter" red flag. I'm not against it but I honestly don't think it'd be switched out by a lot of people. Maybe I'm wrong and that's just me, who knows.

Being honest, I personally wouldn't use the "no quarter" red flag. I'm not against it but I honestly don't think it'd be switched out by a lot of people. Maybe I'm wrong and that's just me, who knows.
Fair enough. But I was just thinking that it'd automatically switch to the red flag when you started attacking ships.

Fair enough. But I was just thinking that it'd automatically switch to the red flag when you started attacking ships.
That could be a possibility. But again not trying to be rude, I honestly wouldn't want the red flag. I'm not the kind of person that cares for historical accuracy lol. Others may like the idea of it but unfortunately I don't feel the same way :sad1:

That could be a possibility. But again not trying to be rude, I honestly wouldn't want the red flag. I'm not the kind of person that cares for historical accuracy lol. Others may like the idea of it but unfortunately I don't feel the same way :sad1:
And that's perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not real crazy about the historical accuracy myself, but I just thought that the concept was pretty baaaad. Like, flying those colors means you mean business and that there will be blood in the water. Just sounds really sick to me.
Don't worry though. I'm not taking anything personally, man.

I agree with your idea. I would add an extra level of customization to the game that would make it just that much better than it already is. I believe that the devs should get the classic game out before we go adding new ideas to the game. Although it definitely is a great idea for the future game.

I always wanted this, and it would be especially awesome if we could get one with a raven on it, along with some more unconventional designs that were used in real life rather than just the skull and crossbones, like these:

image.jpeg

Back