Question Upload a file

Gorgie

Pirate
How do i upload a file to a thread or private message? overtime i press the upload a file button below, i click the screenshot, and it says "there was an error uploading your file."

Thanks!

Greetings @Gorgie! The other option aside from the one you mentioned is to add a link (Without using the screenshot option) into the message to whatever it is you are trying to upload.

Unfortunately as i have noticed the screenshot option isn't working properly.

This is the only other way i can think of (Sorry if i can't be of more help).

I'll tag some forum staff in case they can help out @Captain Star @Kat Five Knives @Captain Redhorn

Hmm, I was able to upload a screenshot without any issues. Can you check the file type? (.jpg, .png, etc.)

Going to tag @Davy Darkrage , he may be able to help.

Attachments

• screenshot_2016-07-23_22-50-06.jpg
    screenshot_2016-07-23_22-50-06.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 82
Although I don't know if it would make a difference, there is a flash based uploader that's enabled by default. I have mine disabled because of the button occasionally disappearing otherwise, but you can try disabling it here to see if it helps you:
https://piratesforums.co/account/preferences
It's under "Options", 3rd main check box down (or 4th if you count the sub-item check box).

If this doesn't work, no harm done, but it's worth a shot.

Also, @John Foulroberts should probably be tagged here too

Our maximum attachment file size is 5.12MB. If your file is larger than this, it will not upload. Additionally, make sure you have Flash enabled (for the forums at least).

Also, what browser are you using?

Our maximum attachment file size is 5.12MB. If your file is larger than this, it will not upload. Additionally, make sure you have Flash enabled (for the forums at least).

Also, what browser are you using?
Safari on a Mac, the size of about 470 KB, and i tried it in PNG, JEPG, PDF

@Gorgie As suggested above, try disabling the Flash uploader: https://piratesforums.co/account/preferences

I know it's been causing some issues for people on Firefox, so it might be worth a shot here too. The only caveat is you will only be able to upload one file at a time. In the next couple of months (which, I understand, is a long time to wait) a brand new file uploader will be available that doesn't use Flash and should have less compatibility issues.

I don't personally tend to upload files, best thing to do is use links. I use Sharex or Lightshot. Just a second option for you to think about :)

Back