Urgent Update 2/13

As you may have notice, there have been sporadic server outages and errors for the last few days. These errors have now been fixed. We were able to trace the problem to misconfigured hardware from the maintenance performed Monday, 6 AM (PST) on February 7, 2011.

Due to the fact that the data had been faulty since the above time and date, it was necessary to revert Pirates and all their progress and belongings back to this state. We are very sorry to report that any progress made as of Monday, February 7, 2011 6AM (PST) has been lost.

We sincerely apologize for this major inconvenience. We spent much time investigating all forms of solutions but in the end, this roll back had to happen in order for us to continue sailing onwards. Please understand, it is our full intention to provide you with a great experience day in and day out. Unfortunately, what transpired effected that experience but we have learned from this and the problem has been corrected.

It is now safe to set off on your next adventure without worry of this happening again!

Pirates Online will be compensating all paid players with a full 7 day extension on their accounts.

The Valentine Holiday and Peddlers will be extended an additional 4 days and will now end on February 20, 2011.

We hope this helps answer some questions. If you have any other items you'd like answered, please submit a comment here. ADMIN GM CAYMEN TRENCH will be active in posting responses for any frequently asked questions.

To further clarify, this problem is in no way due to: hackers, ocean reductions, Infamy updates, a sign that we're at world's end or anything else other than bad data on bad hardware. Your information and accounts remain unaffected and safe.

Sincerely,
The Crew @ Pirates Online

http://blog.piratesonline.go.com/blog/pirates/entry/pirates_online_urgent_update

" A sign that we're at worlds end"
lol1.gif

That made my day! Who would really think that we were at worlds end?

Alright, I completely missed the message here. It's still under maintenance, so I can't get online to check what I lost and what I didn't. If all my work in the past week were gone, and that means leveling up 2 pirates and more than once, I'd be sick on my stomach ... and 7 day extension is NOT enough to make up for my time. They'd better be ready if I came with a baseball bat and did the 'never say no to Panda' thing! Sorry, I have to do this, because I don't curse. They are SO LUCKY they are on the other side of the coast from me.

Alright, I completely missed the message here. It's still under maintenance, so I can't get online to check what I lost and what I didn't. If all my work in the past week were gone, and that means leveling up 2 pirates and more than once, I'd be sick on my stomach ... and 7 day extension is NOT enough to make up for my time. They'd better be ready if I came with a baseball bat and did the 'never say no to Panda' thing! Sorry, I have to do this, because I don't curse. They are SO LUCKY they are on the other side of the coast for me.

same thing happened to me

Alright, I completely missed the message here. It's still under maintenance, so I can't get online to check what I lost and what I didn't. If all my work in the past week were gone, and that means leveling up 2 pirates and more than once, I'd be sick on my stomach ... and 7 day extension is NOT enough to make up for my time. They'd better be ready if I came with a baseball bat and did the 'never say no to Panda' thing! Sorry, I have to do this, because I don't curse. They are SO LUCKY they are on the other side of the coast from me.
I've been playing for over an hour now....

Back