Victory Shark Rules the Seas!

Captain Del

Pirate
What a great day for sailing!

For a long time now, our guild has kept records of all the accomplishments of our members over time, as a way to see how we have progressed. And while the majority of them, like Most Enemies Defeated in a Day, Most Times in Jail in a Day, etc. have been broken, one of the records, set many years ago by the guild's infamous sailor Rachel Hookratte and crew, stood like a stone. Her record was the highest score in SvS for our guild over the course of a day - which stood firm for all this time at roughly 45,000 points. Well, today, that record was not only broken, but SHATTERED.

We started out with a not-so-simple goal: Help our dear friend and fellow Partner, Lady Nayana, reach the rank of Admiral. So, we set out early in the morning, and over the course of the day more and more pirates jumped on and off our ship, eager to aid us. It wasn't after long that we had soon realized how far we had come - not only had we topped the boards, but we were leading by a staggering gap!

screenshot_2011-07-18_14-47-30-2.jpg

Unfortunately right before that, Lady had crashed, so I grabbed the wheel and waited for her to return. When she finally logged on, and teleported to the ship, I let go of the wheel to let her take it. However, next thing we knew, I saw the loading screen of the Spanish Island, and we were back on land. What happened, you asked?

Somebody had come aboard our ship with sole intentions of porting it - yes, we had been infiltrated by a sabotager!

You can imagine the guild, Lady and I were very upset. All of work over the past few hours had been wiped clean, aside from that screenshot I grabbed moments before. And yet, after all of our fret, we knew what had to be done - we hadn't got to that point by giving up, now had we? We waited a moment, gathered ourselves, (taunted some Frenchmen) and hit the seas once more!

We were determined as ever, and that determination must have blinded us. It was only after a short time I noticed that not only had we reached our previous score, but passed it, and were now barreling down at the record! With that in mind, it was all hands on deck, and we took the seas by storm, sinking every ship in our path, until finally...

screenshot_2011-07-18_16-58-36-2.jpg

We had done it!

Now, remember how I said we shattered it? Yes, well, we did - even thought we only beat 45,000 by about a hundred points the second time around, the record was for most points in a day. And considering the fact that if it weren't for that sabotage thrown our way, our actual score would have been...

75,487 points!

And keep in mind, this record was set at around 5:30 PM EST - the day is still young, eh? ;)

Oh, and as for the pirates who set this record? While there were many pirates and partners who aided the cause, the shining star and MVP of this crusade was definitely Lady Nayana, PNC Veteran, who captained the legendary Victory Shark the entire time! And let's not forget about her shiny new badge, eh?

screenshot_2011-07-18_17-09-05-1.jpg

Talk about a pretty good day for sailing, huh? :D

What a great day for sailing!

For a long time now, our guild has kept records of all the accomplishments of our members over time, as a way to see how we have progressed. And while the majority of them, like Most Enemies Defeated in a Day, Most Times in Jail in a Day, etc. have been broken, one of the records, set many years ago by the guild's infamous sailor Rachel Hookratte and crew, stood like a stone. Her record was the highest score in SvS for our guild over the course of a day - which stood firm for all this time at roughly 45,000 points. Well, today, that record was not only broken, but SHATTERED.

We started out with a not-so-simple goal: Help our dear friend and fellow Partner, Lady Nayana, reach the rank of Admiral. So, we set out early in the morning, and over the course of the day more and more pirates jumped on and off our ship, eager to aid us. It wasn't after long that we had soon realized how far we had come - not only had we topped the boards, but we were leading by a staggering gap!

screenshot_2011-07-18_14-47-30-2.jpg

Unfortunately right before that, Lady had crashed, so I grabbed the wheel and waited for her to return. When she finally logged on, and teleported to the ship, I let go of the wheel to let her take it. However, next thing we knew, I saw the loading screen of the Spanish Island, and we were back on land. What happened, you asked?

Somebody had come aboard our ship with sole intentions of porting it - yes, we had been infiltrated by a sabotager!

You can imagine the guild, Lady and I were very upset. All of work over the past few hours had been wiped clean, aside from that screenshot I grabbed moments before. And yet, after all of our fret, we knew what had to be done - we hadn't got to that point by giving up, now had we? We waited a moment, gathered ourselves, (taunted some Frenchmen) and hit the seas once more!

We were determined as ever, and that determination must have blinded us. It was only after a short time I noticed that not only had we reached our previous score, but passed it, and were now barreling down at the record! With that in mind, it was all hands on deck, and we took the seas by storm, sinking every ship in our path, until finally...

screenshot_2011-07-18_16-58-36-2.jpg

We had done it!

Now, remember how I said we shattered it? Yes, well, we did - even thought we only beat 45,000 by about a hundred points the second time around, the record was for most points in a day. And considering the fact that if it weren't for that sabotage thrown our way, our actual score would have been...

75,487 points!

And keep in mind, this record was set at around 5:30 PM EST - the day is still young, eh? ;)

Oh, and as for the pirates who set this record? While there were many pirates and partners who aided the cause, the shining star and MVP of this crusade was definitely Lady Nayana, PNC Veteran, who captained the legendary Victory Shark the entire time! And let's not forget about her shiny new badge, eh?

screenshot_2011-07-18_17-09-05-1.jpg

Talk about a pretty good day for sailing, huh? :D

In TLOPO, the Victory Shark shall sail the seas again!! It will be my official ship name.

Back