Viewing TLOPO Phase Files

Was this tutorial helpful/easy to follow?

• Yes, no changes need to be made.

• No, I was totally and utterly lost.

• It was too fast paced for me.

• I couldn't understand what you were saying.

• Other. (Please tell me in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bart Gunshot

Site Founder
UPDATE 4/13/18: This method will no longer work if you are wanting to decompile TLOPO's phase files. As @Mike Wass mentions below, TLOPO now encrypts their resources. However, parts of this tutorial are still relevant if you have previously decompiled files, old decompilable TLOPO files, or POTCO files.

Hey all, this is a simple video tutorial series I am doing on the steps to decompile and view the TLOPO phase files. It's pretty simple and quite similar to POTCO's method, It just requires a specific Panda3D version. So below are the tutorial videos if you are at all interested.

I have kept them simple, easy to follow, and under 5 minutes. I'm simply tired of watching tutorials where there is a 15 second long intro, a few minutes of mindless uhs and uhms, and general unneeded steps.

Building Panda3D:
Using the build of Panda3D to decompile the Phase Files:
Viewing the Phase Files and animations:

Last edited:
I find this a bit scary, as we don't want players finding the new legendary before they are found within the game...

Would defeat the whole point of making us 'search' for them. So I have mixed feelings about making this type of tutorial publicly known. :2 cents:
Please note that this was written over 2 years ago. For what it's worth, iirc I was implying new music that we put in there (which has since been changed).

Either way, at this point you cannot even extract the resources anymore because they're encrypted. This protects against other projects freeloading off of TLOPO's work, like almost every other project always does. If you don't believe me, try following this tutorial on TLOPO's latest client. It won't work.

And regardless of all of this, Panda3D is an open source game engine. It's trivial for anyone to figure out how to extract the resources (should they be unprotected). There's even tutorials dating back to the early days of POTCO. TLOPO would never moderate what videos get published on YouTube anyway. They encourage players to make any kind of video/streaming/etc content they want with the game.

Additionally, TLOPO's client is ridiculously secure. I am 100% confident that nobody will ever be able to figure out how to reverse engineer the game back to a usable and human readable form. This is not my ego talking, it is ridiculously secure with dozens of safeguards involved to prevent people from reverse engineering it. If somebody ever figures out how to RE it to a readable form, I wouldn't be shocked if they got an immediate job offer from the TLOPO team.

tl;dr nobody will ever be able to figure out what TLOPO's planning on doing by extracting the client files (resources/source code).

:2 cents:

Back