Weapons Viper's Kiss

Should It Be Added? (Explain Why In Comments If You Vote)

• Yes

• No

• Maybe So

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a good weapon idea, but Legendary items need lore mates.
There could be a storyline or backstory involving each new set of weapons. A backstory for the scimitar group could be the following:
A large shipment of exotic weapons that was being delivered to the EITC from the far-east was mysteriously sunk. The shipwreck was pillaged and the weapons scattered all across the caribbean.

There could be a storyline or backstory involving each new set of weapons. A backstory for the scimitar group could be the following:
A large shipment of exotic weapons that was being delivered to the EITC from the far-east was mysteriously sunk. The shipwreck was pillaged and the weapons scattered all across the caribbean.

Scimitars came from the ninth century from the Middle-East, but this game is around the 16th century. Fortunately, the Persians made scimitars popular in the 16th century, so the story should be more like this:

Across the far-away lands in a place called Europe, an E.I.T.C weapon shipment arrived in the Caribbean that introduced a new type of weapon to the pirates: The Scimitar. Unfortunately for the E.I.T.C fleet that was bringing the shipment, The Black Pearl attacked the fleet and sunk them to Davy Jones' Locker. The Scimitars were all lost except five: The Poisoned Scimitar, Venomous Scimitar, Assassin's Scimitar, Master Assassin's Scimitar, and Sultan's Scimitar. These five scimitars were sent to five different places -- The Poisoned Scimitar to Tortuga in the possession of Captain Jack Sparrow; The Venomous Scimitar to Rumrunner's Island in the possession of Bastien Craven; The Assassin's Scimitar sent to a deep quarry in Padres Del Fuego to Neban The Silent; The Master Assassin's Scimitar sent to a powerful Thrall Captain on Isla Tormenta; and the Sultan's Scimitar was stolen by the legendary El Patron. It is up to the pirates to retrieve these five new scimitars from these locations.

(This would be good because it would allow five new missions to be added for the scimitars, and it would be more historically accurate.)

Scimitars came from the ninth century from the Middle-East, but this game is around the 16th century. Fortunately, the Persians made scimitars popular in the 16th century, so the story should be more like this:

Across the far-away lands in a place called Europe, an E.I.T.C weapon shipment arrived in the Caribbean that introduced a new type of weapon to the pirates: The Scimitar. Unfortunately for the E.I.T.C fleet that was bringing the shipment, The Black Pearl attacked the fleet and sunk them to Davy Jones' Locker. The Scimitars were all lost except five: The Poisoned Scimitar, Venomous Scimitar, Assassin's Scimitar, Master Assassin's Scimitar, and Sultan's Scimitar. These five scimitars were sent to five different places -- The Poisoned Scimitar to Tortuga in the possession of Captain Jack Sparrow; The Venomous Scimitar to Rumrunner's Island in the possession of Bastien Craven; The Assassin's Scimitar sent to a deep quarry in Padres Del Fuego to Neban The Silent; The Master Assassin's Scimitar sent to a powerful Thrall Captain on Isla Tormenta; and the Sultan's Scimitar was stolen by the legendary El Patron. It is up to the pirates to retrieve these five new scimitars from these locations.

(This would be good because it would allow five new missions to be added for the scimitars, and it would be more historically accurate.)
The Persian empire is still considered to be an eastern country (using far-east was a stretch though, I admit, since they're in the near-east). Also, I never specified which country or region they were coming from. Personally, I think using "the east" would suffice for many reasons.

I'd rather have these rare weapons be found in loot as opposed to unlocking them through five different quests. There could be one storyline which has to be completed for the ability to find these weapons in loot. To actually be true to the lore, I'll modify the storyline I came up with and add more to it. Here's a sneak peek.

An agreement has been met. I am faithful to my side of the deal, and hope that you are to yours. The shipment of weapons is being prepared as I write this letter. I have sent out an order to the most prestigious blacksmiths of the capital - every weapon will be created with the utmost craftsmanship and precision. With our finely crafted curved blades, a single swipe of the sword will bring down the largest of pirates and inflict irreparable damage. You will surely regain control of the Caribbean. The shamshir is a weapon unlike any other.

I will personally oversee the crates to ensure every weapon exceeds your expectations and will have my most trustworthy men load your ships. I am sure that you are aware of our clans close ties to the Mazhar royal family; this is a result of decades of meticulous planning. My brother and I will be within hands reach of them all during the upcoming enthronement ceremony. The Abu Nar family-name will live on in history if you speak the truth about these objects.

Our days of murdering and pillaging are over. We have much larger affairs in mind.

Do not fail us,
Faris Abu Nar

More backstory-related posts will be coming soon. I'm actually planning on creating a thread dedicated to these weapons + the storyline.

Good, good. But we need to keep improving it until its a really good story that they'll have to accept!

Back