Virus Warning

In fact, those aren't viruses. At all. They're advertisements and they're here because believe it or not the forums actually cost quite a bit of money to run.
About those advertisements... are they legit? As in, are they safe? I know some of them are game ads. or even ads. for shopping online for pirate stuff. I always wondered whether I could click on them or not but I never wanted something bad to happen so never did.

About those advertisements... are they legit? As in, are they safe? I know some of them are game ads. or even ads. for shopping online for pirate stuff. I always wondered whether I could click on them or not but I never wanted something bad to happen so never did.

Yeah they probably are safe ads, but don't go bandying about clicking everything, because you never know

I have no affiliation with any of the advertisers, so I personally make no guarantee of anything. However, these ads are served through Google which is pretty comprehensive in reviewing them to make sure they are safe and legitimate. Soo at the very least, the vast majority are completely safe.

The ads on this website are completely different than the annoying scam ads you might find elsewhere on the internet.

An important update:

The infection appears to be more serious than previously thought.
It will make your computer a part of a Botnet and give the attacker control over your computer.

Unfortunately there are even reports of the attacker watching infected users through their computer's webcam.
Im putting tape on my webcam!!! o_o

Haha yeah or that you're our 1,000th visitor :p

Davy ... :facepalm: ...

why do we even have those pop up games on the forums if we know it is a virus? :confused:

Where did you even get that idea from ... that our Forums loaded up "virus" for our own users, for whom we have worked hard to provide with services, to please and to accomodate? The logic does not make sense! :confused:

Plus, if you pay attention, every time you open your email (by Hotmail, Yahoo or other providers), YouTube, Wikia, magazines, news, practically just about everything online, you will see Ads. And not all ads have been ridden by virus. The ones that pop up are the ones that you should be aware of, not the ones that are attached to the webpage, even though you should always use precaution when you open anything. Even when you click on a still image, sometimes it defers you to another page which - if your computer is equipped with antivirus program/virus detector - will prompt you to a download page. That's what you should be cautious of. Never click to download/open something that looks suspicious to begin with.

But Davy built this site and develops it continuously, and he understands security issue among other technology stuff, he was the one who warned us about virus links, surely he would not jeopardize members intentionally by just putting any link on this site. That makes more sense, doesn't it?

I hope Davy wouldn't mind me saying this (just punish me later if I've crossed the line :D, and correct me if I was wrong), but he is the sole funder and developer of this website. Traffic to this website (visitors and members who allow the Ads to show up), gives the Ads a chance to get their own customers/traffic to their site. And that's how he generates part of the funding for this site, other than out of his own pocket, I'm sure, without having to collect any other funding/donation from members. Imagine how large the server and storage this Forums needs to run smoothly and store our conversations and images, and certainly those need to be paid. Idk why I need to explain all of these, but you all get the idea. I think we owe a lot to Davy for all of these. And it is appreciated if we leave those Ads showing in there and use our discretion to open the link, or any link in general anywhere online for that matter.

Depends on your browser. Google is your friend, search for instructions.

In any case we don't have pop up advertising here. If things are popping up from the forums, it's coming from third party software or browser plugins/extensions.

Depends on your browser. Google is your friend, search for instructions.

In any case we don't have pop up advertising here. If things are popping up from the forums, it's coming from third party software or browser plugins/extensions.

That is right with google it is like your mate but it is not really with all them pop up's is it.?

Back