Suggestion Visibility

DraculeMihawk

Pirate Apprentice
W4s8NHW.gif
W4s8NHW.gif
W4s8NHW.gif

I speak for everyone when I say let all emotes + attack animations be visible again because the fact that someone can't see me doing this anymore is a miserable feeling. Please. This is the only real thing I miss from the game. Everything feels so lifeless without it.

If I am jumping around Tortuga with a cutlass doing combos who will compliment me?

If I am walking around with a big giant christmas red siege charge who will comment on my glorious giant meatball?

If I am making noise with a noisemaker, and there is no one around, does it make a sound?

You could make the difference.

As a side note, if you have ever compared TLOPO's 1vs1 PVP to POTCO's you'd see what huge of a difference this makes.

If a enemy is missing you in PVP and you see they are not to flourish yet you can make the decision to go inward and begin your combo. If you can't see what they're on then you can't make a judgement call. It actually hurts PVP too.

Last edited:
Just to let you know, sword combos are still visible, however other weapon animations are not. Emotes are also globally available, they just need to be inputted twice to show for those nearby.

This isnt to say I dont agree though, I loved the days of POTCO running around with my Flaming Skull charged up. It's one of those little nostalgia bits that just aren't here yet.

Just to let you know, sword combos are still visible, however other weapon animations are not. Emotes are also globally available, they just need to be inputted twice to show for those nearby.

This isnt to say I dont agree though, I loved the days of POTCO running around with my Flaming Skull charged up. It's one of those little nostalgia bits that just aren't here yet.

Sword combos are not visible unless you connect a target with an attack, the only special case to this is in a PVP match. No other weapon animations of any kind other than the occasional throwing dagger animation making it through the bugginess in PVP will show.
This is a problem

Emotes do not show. Some of them do and some of them don't. Noisemaker emote does not show. This is a bug. I double inputted it and it didn't work. Jig however shows up, so does glare, etc. A lot of them do not show.

In original POTCO, everything showed without fail. TLOPO has some issues with it.

"Emotes do not show. Some of them do and some of them don't. Noisemaker emote does not show. This is a bug. I double inputted it and it didn't work. Jig however shows up, so does glare, etc. A lot of them do not show.

In original POTCO, everything showed without fail. TLOPO has some issues with it."

I can personally confirm that Noisemaker— used from myself and by others, appears after double entering the command. Most Emotes if entered twice in succession will activate for yourself and players nearby. Not every single time, of course, but this is a peer funded Open Beta. Bugs are expected.

"Emotes do not show. Some of them do and some of them don't. Noisemaker emote does not show. This is a bug. I double inputted it and it didn't work. Jig however shows up, so does glare, etc. A lot of them do not show.

In original POTCO, everything showed without fail. TLOPO has some issues with it."

I can personally confirm that Noisemaker— used from myself and by others, appears after double entering the command. Most Emotes if entered twice in succession will activate for yourself and players nearby. Not every single time, of course, but this is a peer funded Open Beta. Bugs are expected.

Right so its a bug. Also sword combos absolutely do not show as well as any weapon animations unless a target is hit. This is a bad thing.

I agree that lacking in all these seemingly meaningless acts has made the game feel very sterile, maybe even a bit boring.
I think it was explained somewhere that resources are severely limited, as well as game stability, and that such things had to be eliminated in order to keep the game playable at all.
I guess it's conservation of very limited resources.

I agree that lacking in all these seemingly meaningless acts has made the game feel very sterile, maybe even a bit boring.
I think it was explained somewhere that resources are severely limited, as well as game stability, and that such things had to be eliminated in order to keep the game playable at all.
I guess it's conservation of very limited resources.

Its a bit disappointing to hear that they have to be that way for performance. There were other projects before they shut down that well shall not be named for sake of me getting moderated on forums, but even though they were highly unstable they still displayed all these things. Could it be what made them unstable, or made them have low FPS? Probably? Maybe not? Is it worth having in the game? Definitely. Is the game very empty and sad feeling without it? Yes very.

I hope when they release back cannon defense, that they can take a look at this problem and solve it before anything else. But with their recent post about stepping back from such a "rapid fire" "update" routine I feel we might never get this fixed....

Will the game never leave beta?

Its a bit disappointing to hear that they have to be that way for performance. There were other projects before they shut down that well shall not be named for sake of me getting moderated on forums, but even though they were highly unstable they still displayed all these things...

...Will the game never leave beta?
  1. The unnamed remake also profited in a way to which TLOPO would not so... it’s not really a true and fair comparison in viewing the two as if they were equals (IMO)
  2. The game will only leave BETA once pirates whom play this remake treat it as such (whom have yet to contribute towards ‘beta’ testing and responsibilities)
Have a good day! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back