Walk the Plank option

Would you like to see a "Walk the Plank" option when running a public ship?

• Yes! Long Overdue!

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • No - too much potential for abuse.

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

Rick

Honorable Pirate
One of my best Officers (Dog Gunspinner) opened his ship to public recently (something he doesn't do often) on his level six Fortune Hunter War Brig for a materials run. As soon as his cargo read 27 (max on that ship) he began getting the usual complaints from people aboard: "PORT NOW!!!!!", "We're full, port now", etc. He hadn't even made it to his first hunter yet! So in protest, he ran his ship to the edge and left it there, with his pirate at the wheel.
:rumgone:

Later he came up with the idea that we get as many as possible to request that Disney add a "Walk the Plank" option with sound effects and all for public ships. What do y'all think?
:daggermouth:

If there were to be a walk the plank option, I would probably come back to POTCO. To avoid abuse, people aboard the ship must vote 'yes' or 'no' to kick the person off.
And they wouldn't be able to rejoin the ship, unlike in SvS. THAT was annoying. I'd kick someone on my war sloop for being too low a level, and then he/she would come right back on. I'd eventually have to close my ship because they'd keep on coming back after I told them that they had to be lv 30 cannon with rank 5 fury to stay...

Many of us have been calling for this option for quit some time. I have spent a lot of time thinking on how it could be implemented in a fair fashion. I have this proposal: When the captain chooses to make a shipmate walk the plank, they take with them a share of the plunder they have earned thus far and would receive if the ship ported at that time.

This would make the option abuse proof.

Many of us have been calling for this option for quit some time. I have spent a lot of time thinking on how it could be implemented in a fair fashion. I have this proposal: When the captain chooses to make a shipmate walk the plank, they take with them a share of the plunder they have earned thus far and would receive if the ship ported at that time.

This would make the option abuse proof.

That makes a lot of sense, as does the vote.

LOL Hector! I can visualize it already - "PORT NOW, PORT NOOOOooooooowwwww!" **Splash**

Walk the plank, you and the person go on to the plank you fight eachother if the captain loses the person isn't off the ship. If the annoying person loses he falls of the plank to his DOOM! :D

I just let my ship sink when they start doing that, I don't mind the repairs or anything, and i always tp away before it sinks lol
lol i remember thatI think they should have it because a lot of times there are people who don't do anything and take up space.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can boot out of crew but not off your ship. It's been something mates have been wanting for a long, long time. And I love the cutscene idea too actually. It might motivate people to be more respectful of captains.

My brother and I seem to get angry at people joining my ship and demanding to port when we haven't even go materials or killed hunters yet and would only get like 500 gold.
Happens to a lot of people

Back