Walk the Plank option

Would you like to see a "Walk the Plank" option when running a public ship?

• Yes! Long Overdue!

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • No - too much potential for abuse.

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
:lol1: The person whom voted, "no"...
1342228812.png

~ I suggest that they walk the plank...rofl. :cool: jk.

I would absolutely adore a walk the plank option. I understand if you are new and don't understand that when going on runs certain things replace others in loot but when we explain it to you, you need to accept it and stop with the "port now were full" "port or im not moving from my cannon and ill hog it" or just being plain rude.

I think that there should be a "Walk the Plank Vote." Then there should be teams with the people who say "yes" vs the people who say "no." The two teams have a battle on the ship and if the team who votes yes beats them, then they all walk the plank and get sent to jail. (And yes, there should be a cutscene :) ) But if the team who voted for the person to stay wins the battle, they get to overthrow the captain and take over the ship (Until it is ported or sunk). The team that loses cannot come back to the ship during that time, and only the captain can call a vote/battle. I think that would be really fun :D

We should make a petition for this!

I think that would be a great idea. So many crew members are just plain rude... Or are just there for personal benefit and once they have what they want they just stop helping.
I think that there should be a "Walk the Plank Vote." Then there should be teams with the people who say "yes" vs the people who say "no." The two teams have a battle on the ship and if the team who votes yes beats them, then they all walk the plank and get sent to jail. (And yes, there should be a cutscene :) ) But if the team who voted for the person to stay wins the battle, they get to overthrow the captain and take over the ship (Until it is ported or sunk). The team that loses cannot come back to the ship during that time, and only the captain can call a vote/battle. I think that would be really fun :D

I agree with this, completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

A "Mutiny" side game? That sounds like fun! :fight::arrrrr:

A "Mutiny" side game? That sounds like fun! :fight::arrrrr:
Back in the days of true piracy, the "crew" would actually vote :flag: on whom would remain the Captain of thee ship, anyways.:D

There isn't a whole lot of potential abuse possible, because I'd think that only the captain of the ship would give the "order" for that person to walk the plank. Far too often people pvp glitch and board public ships, KO everyone, and either sink the ship or take all the loot for themselves. Having this Walk The Plank option would probably be a lot more of a benefit than a harm.

There isn't a whole lot of potential abuse possible, because I'd think that only the captain of the ship would give the "order" for that person to walk the plank. Far too often people pvp glitch and board public ships, KO everyone, and either sink the ship or take all the loot for themselves. Having this Walk The Plank option would probably be a lot more of a benefit than a harm.

With the exception of the bold italic sentence I agree with you whole heatedly. Now as to the bold italicized sentence that matey is not a glitch. It is an outright cheat. It is a direct use of 3rd party software which is a violation of Lord Mouses terms of use.

With the exception of the bold italic sentence I agree with you whole heatedly. Now as to the bold italicized sentence that matey is not a glitch. It is an outright cheat. It is a direct use of 3rd party software which is a violation of Lord Mouses terms of use.
The PvP glitch is a glitch and a cheat at the same time, except there is no program involved, it's just probably the most complicated glitch out there. I can assure you there is no additional software used and can provide a link to a how-to video (not saying I do the glitch, just as evidence). It is a violation against the terms in that it is far too often used to harm other players' experiences with the game. I do agree with you, and it might be able to be fixed if there could be more updates to the game, who knows. But I do know it isn't a 3rd party program. Either way, to glitch the game for your advantage and personal gain is just wrong, 3rd party program involved or not.

The PvP glitch is a glitch and a cheat at the same time, except there is no program involved, it's just probably the most complicated glitch out there. I can assure you there is no additional software used and can provide a link to a how-to video (not saying I do the glitch, just as evidence). It is a violation against the terms in that it is far too often used to harm other players' experiences with the game. I do agree with you, and it might be able to be fixed if there could be more updates to the game, who knows. But I do know it isn't a 3rd party program. Either way, to glitch the game for your advantage and personal gain is just wrong, 3rd party program involved or not.

Apparently matey ye are stuck on semantics. To board a ship in PvP form requires the modification of the game code. Be that accomplished by direct use of the coding language or use of a 3rd party program it is the same. Its not like walking through a wall which is by definition a glitch. Or performing a few in game action at a certain location to create an effect. The PvP glitch as ye elude is more of the latter. The ship attacks are not a glitch of any type no matter how ye define "glitch." I have seen all the YouTube videos on this too(too bad I can't get that time I lost from my life watching them). Let me be more plain this time in my language: It is CHEATING to do this.

I swear I will not hijack this thread further. My apologies, the cheating thing strikes a nerve in me, and the misinformation surrounding it as well.

Apparently matey ye are stuck on semantics. To board a ship in PvP form requires the modification of the game code. Be that accomplished by direct use of the coding language or use of a 3rd party program it is the same. Its not like walking through a wall which is by definition a glitch. Or performing a few in game action at a certain location to create an effect. The PvP glitch as ye elude is more of the latter. The ship attacks are not a glitch of any type no matter how ye define "glitch." I have seen all the YouTube videos on this too(too bad I can't get that time I lost from my life watching them). Let me be more plain this time in my language: It is CHEATING to do this.

I swear I will not hijack this thread further. My apologies, the cheating thing strikes a nerve in me, and the misinformation surrounding it as well.
Ohh I think I see what you mean. The game code would have to change in order for this to happen, yes. And you would have to do the same thing - modify code - to board a ship, provided that it is closed. Videos that I saw were done on public ships, so no 3rd party use there. The code, as I understand it, is modified using the game itself instead of another program though I don't doubt it would be much easier with a program. No doubt someone has come up with a more direct way to modify code, but if you did do the pvp glitch you normally wouldn't know you were modifying code if you didn't know anything about code in the first place. Way back when I used to do glitches like these (no boarding of ships took place), we went on a ship, opened up the options to boot someone off, entered a pvp and booted the person off the ship theoretically at a specific time and bam - people could pvp outside of an arena. But I had no idea I was modifying code, nor did I know it could be classified as "cheating" unless I went on a ship and took everything over.

Thanks for your insight on this, I hadn't really considered the fact that someone could use a 3rd party program to create code for the purpose of modifying it for the pvp glitch/cheat.

Getting back to this thread's real discussing-objective, the walk the plank shouldn't actually be a voting or a duel between the mutinous and the loyal crew : even in piracy, the captain's word was the law, and many pirates among them Edward Teach, imposed severe punishments for the crew members who didn't obey ( the legend says he shot one his artillery guys four times in order to make him shut up.... ).
And now moving this noble and important aspect of the pirate tradition to Potco nowadays. If the guy who is going to walk the plank, brings more annoying guys with him, and a duel takes place, it would be extremely unfair for the captain and that duel feature could really be abused not only by the guy who is to walk the plank but by many other emotionally unstable people who would enjoy crashing someone else's material run.
Then to make it more "fair" so that the ship captains don't abuse about it, there could be a fee or some reduction in the overall plunder for every time a crew member is sent to walk the plank.

This could make it fair for both the captain and other crew members : if you enjoy crashing mat runs, you loose your loot; if you enjoy kicking people from your ship, you will loose some money and plunder.

Getting back to this thread's real discussing-objective, the walk the plank shouldn't actually be a voting or a duel between the mutinous and the loyal crew : even in piracy, the captain's word was the law, and many pirates among them Edward Teach, imposed severe punishments for the crew members who didn't obey ( the legend says he shot one his artillery guys four times in order to make him shut up.... ).
And now moving this noble and important aspect of the pirate tradition to Potco nowadays. If the guy who is going to walk the plank, brings more annoying guys with him, and a duel takes place, it would be extremely unfair for the captain and that duel feature could really be abused not only by the guy who is to walk the plank but by many other emotionally unstable people who would enjoy crashing someone else's material run.
Then to make it more "fair" so that the ship captains don't abuse about it, there could be a fee or some reduction in the overall plunder for every time a crew member is sent to walk the plank.

This could make it fair for both the captain and other crew members : if you enjoy crashing mat runs, you loose your loot; if you enjoy kicking people from your ship, you will loose some money and plunder.

Well said, - at some point we should try to come up with some wording to forward to "Lord Mouse" (as Ranulf so aptly says) with the idea for this.

As for Cap't Teach's discipline - there are many accounts of cannoneers having blood streaming from their ears from not using hearing protection (cotton wadding stuffed in the ears back then) in battle. I'll bet that being anywhere near the muzzle of one of those cannons while firing was a pretty damaging and severe punishment!
:cannon::excited:

. I'll bet that being anywhere near the muzzle of one of those cannons while firing was a pretty damaging and severe punishment!
:cannon::excited:
Trying not to get off subject. Well this about having your ears bleeding is kinda true. But the most common injures that happened to the people who "served" the ship's artillery were caused by the cannon's weight itself : since many of this huge bunches of iron had little wheels, the mariners and others would have their feet and ankles broken when the cannon moved backwards due to the forced caused by the cannon's very same shot. And yeah by some accounts its hard to tell whether it was less painful to die on the main deck shot either by musket or loose some of your tips and other sort of calamities, than to bear the smell of more than a hundred men without taking a bath in days and to hear the constant booming of the cannons in one of the below-deck batteries.

I have personally thought about this before, but after really thinking it over... This could actually be a terrible idea. If the captain had the option to boot anyone, technically right after the ship is filled up with materials he could boot everyone and port. This would be highly unfair to all of the crewmates. This would most likely not happen often but just imagine sailing for an hour and then getting nothing. It is your own choice whether you would like to open your ship to public or not, and its very easy just to put people on ignore and boot them from the crew if they are not cooperating well.

I have personally thought about this before, but after really thinking it over... This could actually be a terrible idea. If the captain had the option to boot anyone, technically right after the ship is filled up with materials he could boot everyone and port. This would be highly unfair to all of the crewmates. This would most likely not happen often but just imagine sailing for an hour and then getting nothing. It is your own choice whether you would like to open your ship to public or not, and its very easy just to put people on ignore and boot them from the crew if they are not cooperating well.
That's why it'd be like the vote-to-kick option in Flashpoints, Ops, etc in SWTOR. The majority of the group (ship, in this case) would have to agree to kick said person(s). That way the captain couldn't just kick everyone off. Another way to avoid it would be to also put a limit on how many people you can kick. It could be a certain fraction of how many people are actually on the ship at a given time. Let's say there were 10 people on a ship that holds a max of 12, the limit that you could kick would be about 4 or 5 ish until you port. If 2 more people were to join, you could kick 1 more. The limit for any ship would be 6.
Not like it'd happen. This is Disney we're talking about here...
(sorry if this sounds like it makes no sense... I typed way too fast and am too lazy to check it over.)

That's why it'd be like the vote-to-kick option in Flashpoints, Ops, etc in SWTOR. The majority of the group (ship, in this case) would have to agree to kick said person(s). That way the captain couldn't just kick everyone off. Another way to avoid it would be to also put a limit on how many people you can kick. It could be a certain fraction of how many people are actually on the ship at a given time. Let's say there were 10 people on a ship that holds a max of 12, the limit that you could kick would be about 4 or 5 ish until you port. If 2 more people were to join, you could kick 1 more. The limit for any ship would be 6.
Not like it'd happen. This is Disney we're talking about here...
(sorry if this sounds like it makes no sense... I typed way too fast and am too lazy to check it over.)
This still doesn't matter at all, it's just a game and it's not like anyone actually thinks before they do something. Most people could care less whether somebody else doesn't get loot. Some of the selfish people on the game would prefer if others dont get loot. This is just highly unfair to whoever gets kicked either way. As I said, you can always just ignore them and its your choice whether you would like to open your ship to the public.

Back