What do you Prefer?

• War Brig

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • War Frigate

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

Robert O' Spinner

Honorable Pirate
Hey guys, so what do you prefer to use a War Brig or War Frigate.
Personally I prefer the War Frigate as it has more cannons on deck and is smaller. The four front cannons give a deadly approach from behind, compared to the 2 front cannons on the war brig give no opportunity to fire upon your enemy early, with upgrades both can have 25 cargo, the Armour on the War frigate is alot stronger, but not spread, but the war brig has less, which can make the difference when sailing against hunters. The frigate has a faster speed take of, the brig is slow and heavy, only good for fleets.

I choose the WF (as I mentioned not too long ago in a 'similar' type thread) :D.

"Sure" ;). Here ye go, mate...

https://piratesforums.co/threads/frigate-brig-galleon-or-sloop.5942/

Now with ship customization the answer to this question is not a simple one. Each has its strong points with a level IV hull and the right Cap'n on the helm. I own both. I crush hunters with both. I SvS with both. The brig class is my favorite overall. Why ye ask? Because when I close my eyes and imagine a pirate ship, I see the War Brig.

Definitely War Frigate. When I'm sinking hunters or in SVS I like having the armor in won specific place so I can use technique to avoid taking damage in the weaker spots. With the brig, there is no way you can maneuver your ship to only take damage on the strongest part.

War Brig: Pros: Faster, more maneuverable, more cannons overall, making it better for warships and hunters, IF it has a full crew. Cons: slightly less armor. Overall, its better for those that have more experience at sea, when it's in the hands of a seasoned captain it can take out warships in seconds.
War Frigate: Pros: More cannons on deck, slightly more armor. Cons: Not as fast, not as maneuverable, and it looks like something a 5 year old put together with popsicle sticks. Overall, its better for newer cap'ns, as you only need a small crew to take out hunters, not as good with warships/fleets tho.

A lot of threads about what is better. Take it from a person who sails nonstop and does SVS nonstop - war frigate. War brigs are way too easy to hit, and, they really aren't much faster. They still go the same speed as a war frigate on ram. War frigates have 600 more armor on base HP, and they have front cannons. War brigs' front cannons don't point to the front of the ship, making them pretty much useless except to add more cannons, of course. War frigates overall panel health is also better. I have survived longer with a base war frigate, meaning no upgrades, than a rank 2 armor war brig. War brigs look like giant logs, and they are about as maneuverable as one.
So, it's pretty obvious I am a die-hard war frigate fan 'till the end ;)

A lot of threads about what is better. Take it from a person who sails nonstop and does SVS nonstop - war frigate. ...they have front cannons. War brigs' front cannons don't point to the front of the ship, making them pretty much useless except to add more cannons, of course. ;)

My point exactly!!! The front cannons alone offer an extra advantage to where the Captain can face a ship, drop the ship's anchor, & encourage a maximum of 4 crew members to shoot down the enemy ship while facing it's bow.

In plain English...your ship, crew morale, & "ego" takes less damage this way as result of the front cannons!!!

I love the elbow room the War Brig offers as it is much easier to manuever around while aboard the ship. However (as of yet), I have not seen too many barbeques, dances, weddings or bar mitzvahs take advantage of this extra space aboard a ship setting sail within the Caribbean.

Back