Discussion War Galleon's narrow broadsides still effective?

Linerax

Wanted Pirate
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/War_Galleon (second paragraph)

3dfd1bb78de54c2a5a5630e2c268e17b.png

Does any sailor who use the War Galleon have any trouble with the broadsides? Seems how the Wiki discusses about the ship the broadsides are finicky or not forgiving.

Up close and personal the broadsides often miss sloops and will hit frigates in places that basically do no damage. As for the broadside angle, I can shoot my broadsides at quite an extreme angle and still get them to lock on. The broadsides do not need to be a perfect 90 degrees from your target, frankly it feels no different than a brig or a frigate. Rarely the broadsides on it will fall entirely short and will not even come close to hitting an enemy ship, even if that ship is not moving and the angle is perfect. (even when the broadsides lock onto a target)

So far, I am mildy happy with the War Galleon. I have to sail my ship at a weird angle to obtain the fullest impact of my broadsides with how the AI ships act right now. The speed is a pain to deal with. The ship cannot dodge more times than I wanted to. I love the cargo space though. Much better than my old regular Frigate. I should have went with a War Frigate though. 16 cargo space, 2 less than the War Galleon, but the speed - the speed of that ship is fantastic!

War Galleon's broadside seems to be fine to me... except for when on the edge. They really limited it's targeting ability for ships slightly behind yours

The speed of Enemy War galleons is immense ! I had a Behemoth out run a Corsair chasing me ! ( No damage to either btw ) !!! LOL

Back