War of the Caribbean: Friends Among the Waters

Gastro

Notorious Pirate
Just something I decided to start and probably won't finish because I was bored. @Bart Gunshot will be a major character in it. Congrats, Bart. :p

Anyone ever watched One Piece? Because the way this story will play out is kind of like that genre with story arcs and stuff.

Anyway, without further ado...

Prologue Part 1: Prism Rock Isle

"Hey, look, it's soldier boy!" yelled a little boy. The boy pointed at the blond haired little boy sitting on his shack's steps. "Hey, didn't you say you'd become a Fleet Admiral?" The blond boy simply glanced at the boy pointing at him. "Say something, jerk!" The boy threw a pebble at his head. "Ow!" yelled the blond boy. "What did you do that for?!" The other boy, who the blond one noticed had brown hair, said, "If you want to become Fleet Admiral, you have to go through me! What's your name?" The blond boy answered, "Err...Gastro."

The brown-haired boy stared at Gastro for a second. "HAHAHAHA! YOUR PARENTS NAMED YOU GASTRO? HOW CAN YOU BECOME A FLEET ADMIRAL WITH THAT NAME?" Gastro stood up. "H-Hey! What's so funny?" The brown-haired boy stopped laughing. "Never mind, hehe. My name's Bart Gunshot and I'll be your rival! See those rainbow rocks over there?" Bart pointed at some rainbow-colored rocks on the other side of the harbor. "We'll have a stamina contest. Whoever runs to those rocks and back here wins!"

Gastro, annoyed, said, "What exactly is the point of this challenge?" Bart replied, "And..."
Confused, Gastro asked, "What?" Bart was silent for five seconds. "GO!" Gastro was at a loss for words as Bart raced to the rainbow rocks without him. He simply sighed and sat down again, staring at the ocean. All he really wanted right now was for his father to get home from his voyage to Port Royal. As the captain of his own Navy ship, Gastro's father was well-known on Prism Rock Isle. Some people hated him and called him corrupt while others praised him and thanked him with gifts each time he'd return.

Gastro was also known on the island because of this and he had proclaimed as a very young child that he would become a Fleet Admiral and surpass his father. His father's response was a simple laugh and a pat on Gastro's head. "When you become the a Fleet Admiral, come back home. I'll give you all the rum and brandy you want from my cellar. But until you're old enough, you don't even go near the cellar. Got it?" Gastro had no idea what a cellar was at the time and replied with an excited, "Yeah!" Now that he knew what it was, he was curious. But he had promised his father that he wouldn't touch the cellar. But, when he became a Fleet Admiral....

"BEAT YOU, SLACKER!" as an excited Bart accidentally knocked Gastro on the sand. "Oops, sorry. I got a little carried away. Anyways, where's your mom?" Puzzled, Gastro asked, "Why?" Bart took a piece of rolled-up paper out of his pocket. "I have this letter for her. Some Navy officer told me to deliver it to you because he's busy." Gastro took the paper from Bart's hand. "Oh, uh...thanks." Gastro went back into his house with the paper and took off the wire keeping it rolled up. He was curious about what it said.

"Oh, hello, Gastro!" Gastro's mother with long, black hair and blue eyes walked into the room from the kitchen. "Hi, mom. I have something for you from some Navy officer." He handed the piece of paper to his mother. "Why, thank you, dear!" She took the piece of paper from him and headed back into the kitchen. "I just prepared dinner. There's some fish on the table for you." She walked into her room as Gastro sat down at the table to eat.

He thought about how long his father's voyage had been. If it was this long, surely it must be something important. Maybe the paper had some news about his current whereabouts. He couldn't wait to see so he tried to quickly wolf down the fish. Who was that Bart Gunshot? So he wants to be a Fleet Admiral, too? Suddenly, Gastro regretted ignoring him for most of the time. He looked like he could be a good friend.

As Gastro chewed the last piece of fish, he heard a scream from his mom's room. He spit the fish out of his mouth and ran to his mom's room. As he slammed the door open, he saw his mother on her bed in tears. "...Mom?" He walked closer to the bed to look at the paper as she was continuously staring at its words. He craned his neck a little to read what the paper said.

"November 17th, 1612
Officer Ronald G. Smith
To Be Sent To: Arcellus Family

Dear Arcellus Family,

We regret to inform you of this tragic news. However, your family member Bruce Arcellus has died at sea. He was shot down by a traitor in the Navy military. Rest assured, we are working to bring down the traitor at once as we will not tolerate acts of piracy. As a solemn and regretful gift, we have included a seal that grants you 1,000 gold doubloons. We are truly sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

The Navy"

Another chapter in only 1 day? Gastro, you've changed!

Prologue Part 2: Aftermath

November 17, 1627

As Gastro sat in the captain's quarters of his ship, he overlooked a map of his old hometown. This is where he had originated from and where he had met his friend, Bart Gunshot. The day that he and his mother received the news of Bruce Arcellus's death at sea had strengthened Gastro's resolve to become a Fleet Admiral. And although he was only the captain of his own Navy ship for now, he knew he would someday make it just like Bart Gunshot did. Before Gastro had left Prism Rock Isle, he had promised his mother Catherine Arcellus that he would come home someday as a rich, successful and honorable Fleet Admiral to support the family.

A man had walked into Gastro's quarters. "Excuse me, Captain, but we have new orders to be received from the HMS Firestorm." Gastro stood up, surprised. "The HMS Firestorm? You mean Bart Gunshot has sent for us?" The man nodded. "Aye. Our lookout saw a signal coming from the ship. It was a very faint vision, but he was sure that it was a signal." As Gastro walked over to the exit of his quarters, he said, "Then unfurl the sails. We're heading for the HMS Firestorm. When we're there, don't forget to ask for more gunpowder. We're running out." The man nodded once more. "Aye, captain."

Gastro came out onto the deck. "OI, ALL SHIPMATES PAY ATTENTION!" The cluster of men on the deck turned their attention towards Gastro. He cleared his throat. "UNFURL THE SAILS! WE HAVE RECEIVED NEWS THAT WE ARE TO RECEIVE ORDERS FROM THE HMS FIRESTORM, FLEET ADMIRAL BART GUNSHOT'S SHIP! YOU ARE TO PREPARE AT ONCE!" The shipmates all gave a hearty, "Aye!" As Gastro walked back into his quarters to look at Prism Rock Isle's map, the ship turned to the direction of the HMS Firestorm.

Suddenly, he remembered the day that Bart Gunshot became a Fleet Admiral. His ship had singlehandedly taken down five war frigate pirate ships with him being the only conscious crew member. How this was possible, Gastro had no idea. But the Navy clearly recognized his resourcefulness and skills and had quickly promoted him to Fleet Admiral. At times, Gastro felt jealous but he knew he could reach that point someday as well. He might even be able to rival Bart Gunshot's strength as a Fleet Admiral. For now, though, he still had to work harder.

As he looked closer at the map, he identified the area where his old house was located and where his mother most likely still lives. He also identified Bart Gunshot's residence as well as the rainbow rocks Bart once challenged Gastro to race to. He then noticed something strange: the moon the map displayed almost looked like it had a face on it. It even looked skeletal. Gastro ignored the obvious wrong transcription. He began to identify the harbor and the exact place on the docks where his father once set off to sea, never to return.

As Gastro was about to start identifying more landmarks, a crew member opened the door to his quarters. "Captain, we're here." Already? Gastro thought. It almost seemed like time went by faster than usual. Nevertheless, Gastro walked out of his quarters and saw the HMS Firestorm already next to him. Bart Gunshot was standing on the edge with a smile on his face. "Gastro!" he cheerfully shouted. "How are you, friend?" Gastro laughed. "As good as man can ever be in this service, Bart." Bart Gunshot stepped onto Gastro's ship. "Haha, yeah, I understand. Man, your ship's still looking as new as ever. What was its name again? The Crimson Witch?"

Gastro rubbed the mast on his ship. "Aye. It's a war galleon. Specially gifted by the Governor of Port Royal." Bart nodded. "Ooh, nice. Aren't you becoming the fancy one, CAPTAIN Gastro? Eh?" Gastro looked at Bart's Ship of the Line, the HMS Firestorm. "Is this coming from the man who became a Fleet Admiral so quickly, Bart?" Bart sighed. "Hey, you're not upset, are you? I'm telling you, I didn't deserve this at all. In fact, you deserved it more." Gastro laughed loudly. "Oh, don't get all guilty, Bart. I'm not upset. You definitely deserved that rank after taking out five war frigates all on your lonesome. Anyway, what are your orders?"

Bart Gunshot looked around. "Between you and me, there are none. I just wanted to spend time with my old friend, you know?" Gastro gave him a "really?" stare. "You know I have more important jobs to do, Bart." Bart Gunshot put on a "come on" face. "Come on, Gastro! You work too hard. Take a day off, spend a day or two on the Firestorm! I promise I won't steal your ship." Gastro chuckled. "If you think you have the skill to take my ship, think again." Bart Gunshot laughed. "Is that a challenge I sense?"

Gastro shook his head. "No, but I give in. I'll spend 2 days on your ship." Bart Gunshot shouted with joy, "WHOO! Alright, boys, get my boy Gastro here a bottle of rum!...No, two, no, three...NO, ALL THE RUM WE HAVE!" His shipmates shouted with pleasure, "Aye, Admiral Gunshot!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gastro was tired. He had just drank three bottles of rum and felt dizzy. As he laid down on the bed to rest, he thought about what Bart said. Maybe he had been working too much. You know, Gastro thought, Maybe it wouldn't hurt to visit my mother after we leave. Gastro took out the Prism Rock Isle map and started staring at his old house marked on the map. Soon, mom...soon.

As Gastro was about to close his eyes to sleep, he heard some men talking outside his door. "...you sure?" Another man's voice started talking. "That's what the other guys were talking about. Apparently Admiral Gunshot's home island, Prism Rock Isle, was overrun by pirates a week ago. The Navy is giving him strict orders to destroy the island completely to prevent the escape of the pirates." The original voice replied, "That's harsh...you really think Admiral Gunshot will agree to it?" The second voice answered, "I don't know, mate. But, if you ask me, G-Strike seems too harsh a punishment to inflict on Prism Rock Isle."

Suddenly, Gastro opened his eyes in a split second. What did they mean? Was Prism Rock Isle really in danger? What about his mother? He quietly got off his bed and leaned closer to the door. "I hear Admiral Gunshot is making his decision now. You think it'd hurt to take a listen or two?" said one shipmate. The other replied, "I don't see why not." The voices started drifting away from the door as Gastro decided to head to Bart's quarters to investigate. He opened the door slightly and peeked out. It looked as if everyone was asleep. He sneaked out and started walking towards Bart's quarters. The men were already there, pressing their ears on the door.

Angered, Gastro snuck up on them and slammed their heads on the ground, knocking them unconscious. "Is this a show to you?" he muttered under his breath. He listened in on the conversation. "...we have to take the measures necessary to ensure the pirates don't escape. Admiral Gunshot, if you don't, you know what will happen..." Bart Gunshot was silent for a second. "...Fine then. We'll initiate G-Strike."

Infuriated, Gastro burst through the door. "BART, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" Surprised, Bart stood up. "Gastro? You're awake?" The two stared at each other for a second. "How much did you hear?" Gastro slammed on the table. "ENOUGH TO WANT TO KILL YOU! YOU'RE GOING TO ERASE OUR HOMETOWN JUST LIKE THAT?!"

Bart silently walked over to Gastro.

"..."

"I'm sorry."

Gastro screamed as he crashed through the side of the ship into the sea, his arm torn off.

Last edited:
Thought I'd update you all:

This story is not dead. It is simply on hiatus. In the process of writing, my draft disappeared after I had written a lot. I got upset and didn't write for a while. I am no longer upset but I will keep the story on hiatus until my summer vacation starts (June 23). After that, I'll have the time to continue the story! ;)

Ahoy there! As an update, I would like to remind you all that War of the Caribbean officially resumes writing process tomorrow! :)

Ahoy there! As an update, I would like to remind you all that War of the Caribbean officially resumes writing process tomorrow! :)

Would you look at what didn't happen? :p

A month later and I'm still debating whether or not to continue...

Back