War Ships & Hunters Sinking.... Huge Issue

S

Sailing Maniac

Where is fun in sinking War Ships in End Of The World Glintch?

I mean it is more like cheating and there is no thrill in it as it is to easy, but without Glintch it is impossible to sink in off War Ships.
Solution would be to make new Ships options such as: as soon as War Ships,or Hunters come get your ship to fire double broadsides,have triple armor or even more and double crew capacity with double on deck cannons,so you can have some chances of sinking War Ships with no End Of The World Glintch.
Other ways any War Ship can sink you with single broadside shot firing many explosives.

Only get this options unlocked when War Ships come,so sinking regular ships will not be to easy.

Well the Warships and Hunters are supposed to be hard making the materials difficult to get. I think using the edge got some pirates expectations up of how easily and quickly the materials should come. Also, I think the drop rate of materials from regular ships has increased since the beginning making it easier to get them that way. Many times I've went out to come back with nearly 10 materials (or more) from a non-material run.

With a good gunner or two a good captain can perform a full material run without the need of the edge. However, it does take some time to practice and learn. Until that point the more crew you have firing and a few on repair the better off you are. Just be patient and enjoy the process of learning to sink them. The materials will come from doing that.

Where is fun in sinking War Ships in End Of The World Glintch? I mean it is more like cheating and there is no thrill in it as it is to easy, but without Glitch it is impossible to sink in off War Ships.

I don't know where to start lad, but here goes. First off the edge of the world exploit was discovered on test. It was discovered purely by accident during the Scoundrel of the Seas update. Running from the warships while repairing brought ships and crews to the edge.

The pirates that discovered it, remembered it when Ship customization came out. The test cycle of the ship upgrades went 2 months. It wore out a lot of testers. Small crews became the norm and we had to use the exploit to upgrade the ships to find and report all bugs.

Sadly this exploit found its way to Live. Sadly it is now the norm due to the fact most current pirates lack the skill to fight hunters and warships in open water.

I whole heartedly agree that it is not fun at all to sail on the edge. I have never done it as the captain of a ship. For the longest time I would not even gun aboard a ship on the edge. I do now gun on edge ships. I am not thrilled by it but I do on occasion gun on the edge.

Now to address the last part, the "impossible" part. It is not only possible but is done all the time. There are three methods used to free sail hunters that have proven very effective. My preferred method is a take on a real sailing tactic of the era, crossing the "T". I make my ship the top of the "T" and keep in this position. When the ship closes in and turns I maneuver to the ships rear and my gunners and broadside get huge damage bonus on the ships stern. With a good crew I can sink Ships of the Line in less then 1 minute, and En-Garde's and hunters in mere seconds.

The other two successful methods involve staying close to the hunter / warship to gain the damage bonus. One stays close while making real tight turns. The other is used on War Frigates exclusively. I call it the chase. The War Frigate captain turns real tight and then chases the hunter / warship while the front gunners enjoy the damage bonus on stern ship hits. This also sinks the hunters and warships very very quickly.

When do ye play? West Coast USA time? I would be glad to have ye aboard and put my money where my mouth is and show ye. Since ship upgrades came to the game I have upgraded 17 ships to level 6, and 8 to level 4 on live and test. I have helped many get level 6 ships, while having a load of fun. If the game is not fun, why play?
:flag1: :pirate ship:

Wow talk about taking something entirely wrong....you're right I have no idea about sailing. *hangs head in shame*

Thank you for your info dear sir....You're clearly the All-seeing, All-knowing, Highly Exalted, Imperial Grande Poobah of sailing!

I cower in your presence oh mighty one!!

Ok boys, play nice :banana split:

Maniac, I have sailed with Rannulf and Zin, without going to the End of the World. We did not sink, and got full cargo. So, it can be done, and is done all of the time. I have also received Rare Materials when sinking regular ships.

Please do not call people lairs, as that tends to start drama. Just say, you have yet to see it. I mean just because you haven't seen it doesn't make it non existent.

:pirate ship:

The last and only thing I will say regarding this is - if you want to join me on a material run, fleet, etc you can and I will show you it's definitely possible. Only condition being is that you be polite on my ship and listen to what I say. Send a PM if you do otherwise i'm not responding to this thread anymore.

Sailing Maniac:

Let me just simply say this: You are wrong. There are many pirates on this very forum that have seen me do just as I have stated, and what you say is impossible. Not just once or twice but every-time I sail.

Your tone is not appreciated by this humble pirate. I also will not respond again to you in the thread. I will be glad to have ye on one me ships to witness the impossible anytime.

Please PM me with the days and times (PST-Pacific Standard Time) you play. I will show you. Until then fair winds following seas. I respond to ye no more.

Yikes... taking the game way too seriously much? It's just fine to have your opinion about stuff, but there is no need whatsoever to be going around calling people unintelligent and telling them to "shut it". In reality, only a fraction of players are on the forums. Your opinion might effect some people to change their sailing style, if they actually care. However, most will generally just want to stay with end of world glitch (partially because it's so easy), no matter how corrupt people may think it is, and if that's their choice then oh well... and, people are even less motivated to even care about what someone has to say if all they do is beat down other people. I respect the fact that you want to put more effort into the game, and I applaud you for not just succumbing to what the crowd likes to do. However, we must all recognize that just because someone plays the game in a different way that we do, does not change that person's value or intelligence. Please choose your words more carefully, for the sake of the community here and in the game, because that kind of talk sure won't get you far anywhere...

Ok... Well I'm not going to aruge but say my opinions. I think the exploit (I won't call it a glitch because the barrier is intended to be there, but not intended to be used like it is now) is perfectly fine to use if you want to it does not hurt anyone. I think it is especially helpful for those who can't find a good crew/ship. Also it can be a big help as Potco is a very laggy game mostly at sea.

However it is not impossible to sink war ships without using the exploit. I had a 3 person crew (with maxed fury etc) on a light sloop once and we sunk 5 of them. We could have sunk more if they would have repaired.

Lastly there is no reason to argue, everyone has their own opinions. You have to accept those opinions.

As it seems this subject is quickly spiraling out of control, I feel need to remind everyone we do not tolerate drama.​
Please conduct yourself respectfully and don't cause trouble between any group or individual.
As for my opinion on the topic, Hunters do provide a, challenge, for the more avid sailor. They made a whole new era in Pirate's sailing. Sailors had to learn how to deal with hunters, and each individual developed their own technique. This use of game barriers is a quick and easy way to acquire materials for those who do not enjoy sailing as much as others. I see no problem with this technique, as opposed to the "traditional" way of battling hunters.​
While battling hunters the traditional way can provide a challenge, it is in no way impossible. Many sailors and crew members can tell you tales of their success battling hunters this way, just as well as others who use different techniques.​
Its a matter of preference as to which way you choose to battle hunters.​

Ahoy mates,

This thread has been cleaned up and multiple posts have been deleted due to the fact they violate our policy or do not further advance the discussion.

There is no need to continue arguing about opinions on this thread, as Sailing Maniac has requested to leave us, and we will not talk negatively behind his back.

Please only add onto this thread if you believe it adds to the discussion in a positive manner.

Thank you,

The PiratesForums Staff

Back