Was The Old Pirates Better?

Was the Old Pirates Better?

• Total voters

JamesJumper

Site Founder
Unfortunetly, I wasn't at pirates when it launched...:mad: I have seen videos and sreenshots of the old pirates and it looks a LOT MORE cooler!!! When you fired a cannon at an enemy ship or even at another player's ship wood would break off and holes would show! You could see the captain of any ship if you got close enough and you could even fire cannons at other players on other ships and do damage! You could talk between ships too. And there were so many glitches, you could fly off of your ship, go to another player's ship while they are attack another vessel and drive it away even when they are on a flagship ( they probably thought, " THE SHIP IS MOVING BY ITSELF!!!!" when you did it ). After that you could get on an enemy flagship and drive it away... then other players would chase you...;)

But, anyway my point is do you agree that the old pirates is better? ( Pole at the top )

i liked the old Port Royal city and the glitches you could do in the old pirates, and yes those were fun times when you could sail off with another pirates ship, and not could you see the oposing captains on vessels but if you got close you could see Navy/EITC guys manning the cannons on the flagships, nice poll James i miss the days of legend :D

I love the old map. I remember there were issues with to many pirates in one spot causing issues with the game but that only happened on a few occasions and still happens today. I still however think the old maps with the larger areas were better especially when it came to the caves. I dont like the caves any more because of the lack of large areas and how sometimes it seems like they just tried to fit things into the smaller space that is used today.
Some layouts just dont seem to make as much sense as they use to.

I have no idea cause I wasn't on when it launched but according to wat u guys have said it's a mixed thing..... :)

aye Triple R i agree, there seems to be a lack of ingenuity these days when it comes to pirates of the new... so many new this coming out and everybody copy catting outfits of ppl with a flare for piratey goodnesss...errr looting...the old days ppl had a better sense of what made them feel good when they came online...it seems more and more ppl just don't care anymore except the famed/legendary items they posess...sad day indeed but then again we are pirates after all ;)

i liked the old Port Royal city and the glitches you could do in the old pirates, and yes those were fun times when you could sail off with another pirates ship, and not could you see the oposing captains on vessels but if you got close you could see Navy/EITC guys manning the cannons on the flagships, nice poll James i miss the days of legend :D

I miss the way Port Royal originally looked with the dummies right outside of Will Turner's building. It was a nicer feel and easier to get around. This new layout is still weird for me despite walking the streets of it for so long now.

i liked being able to design a pirate from hair follicles to toe nails . : ) the only thing we can do now is chose from a few forms and make a few changes in face and skin color. I don't think "Esme" can be made anymore. :p If I want a full figure, I need to settle for more than what I want . I liked the old way of designing a pirate. The things i like more now are the loot drops and public ships. I can get a weapon in a loot drop that is far better than the ones i had to do a quest to get. Now by the time i get the weapons quest i am just in it for the story or the notoriety, then i sale or throw away the quested weapon as soon as i get it. Then there are Public ships ....oh yes....put on that party dress. I can buy clothes and don't need to wear the same outfit for a month. And I don't need to decide whether to buy clothes or a ship. I have enough gold for both. Public ships I love you.....:D
EDIT (Dec 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM):
I have to admit, I think I like the old.. there was more diversity in the way you could look.. getting a bit harder to pick people out of the crowd.:arrrrr:

Yes. I was doing invasion and thought i saw my other pirate standing in front of me. Spooky.

port royal tortuga and padres looked way better before they were burned down, if u shot a cannon at a ships sails, holes appeared!! i loved the cave glitch in kingshead ( you can still see the cave and the secret dock) old potco was great!

I wish there was a way we could go to the old version, but still get all the stuff we get today, like fishing, Raven's Cove, potions, etc. I like both

i'll take the old catacombs, the rest i could really care less about i think thomas said it up there the hologram of jolly was so significant for SO long for us early players it was tough to see it go

i'll take the old catacombs, the rest i could really care less about i think thomas said it up there the hologram of jolly was so significant for SO long for us early players it was tough to see it go

I love the old map. I remember there were issues with to many pirates in one spot causing issues with the game but that only happened on a few occasions and still happens today. I still however think the old maps with the larger areas were better especially when it came to the caves. I dont like the caves any more because of the lack of large areas and how sometimes it seems like they just tried to fit things into the smaller space that is used today.
Some layouts just dont seem to make as much sense as they use to.

:iagree:

Beta games are sometimes always better that the newer versions...:sad1: :cannon:And the cool game videos are so much better than the real game like that sword fights :fight:

Back