Suggestion Ways of dealing with AFKing on ships

Mikte

Honorable Pirate
Hello, as the title says, I've noticed a lot of people boarding ships, asking for crew and then proceed to just stand there the entire run. I'm getting a bit sick of looking at my maxed out crew capacity (and sometimes exceeded) and only having one, maybe two gunners at best, it prevents people who would participate from boarding and is frankly annoying and selfish.

Since booting people off is a bit tricky to handle properly (but I'm not opposed), I'd suggest that in order to receive loot you must satisfy some of the following criteria:
1. Man a cannon and actively fire and score hits on targets
2. Actively repair the ship
3. Participate in chat, public or crew (must have a fellow crew member aboard)
*Failure to meet any one of these requirements would result in a significant reduction of loot upon docking.

*A possible booting option would be to have a timer say after 2 minutes (to start with) of not moving "poke" them and if no response or frequent "pokes" give the captain the option to boot them or have the system do it.

Last edited:
I Find this rather funny because you can kick people off ships in SVS but not during regular sailing:furious:... This is such madness... Although i had times when i have had entire afk crew once aboard my ship...:jar::( They would not do anything but just chat like it is "role-play session" and so my only way to get them doing something is by trying to sink the ship intentionally and telling them this.
(When that afk guys figured out this was presentation of notion they take action and frantically start repairing the ship.):popcorn::evil laugh::lol1:) Its funny the way they react upon this when ever you have like 4 skull chest aboard:2 cents:..

well i got tired of it also so what i have started to do is see who is afk in crew kick from crew close ship and after full sink on purpose then reboard with the crew that did the work and collect the loot, may seem a bit extreme or mean but hey gotta do what you gotta do find it funny to do this after somebody stands afk for a little bit a time to only recieve a free bath and trip to jail

Yah I was going to say, I "afk" bc the cannons are full and theres no need for repair so the chat is a good idea

gB6VAt7.png

I like the idea of somehow dealing with leeches. Being able to boot them into jail would be great! They are annoying, at best, especially when repairs are needed. Maybe some sort of icon showing cannon and repair AND AFK next to each sailor's name (not just crew) similar to the wheel and aboard-ship indicators. I think it's ok to stand about if no cannon is available but most ships in battle need nearly constant repair so why not do that, leeches?

Hello, as the title says, I've noticed a lot of people boarding ships, asking for crew and then proceed to just stand there the entire run. I'm getting a bit sick of looking at my maxed out crew capacity (and sometimes exceeded) and only having one, maybe two gunners at best, it prevents people who would participate from boarding and is frankly annoying and selfish.

Since booting people off is a bit tricky to handle properly (but I'm not opposed), I'd suggest that in order to receive loot you must satisfy some of the following criteria:
1. Man a cannon and actively fire and score hits on targets
2. Actively repair the ship
3. Participate in chat, public or crew (must have a fellow crew member aboard)
*Failure to meet any one of these requirements would result in a significant reduction of loot upon docking.

*A possible booting option would be to have a timer say after 2 minutes (to start with) of not moving "poke" them and if no response or frequent "pokes" give the captain the option to boot them or have the system do it.
Mikte - are you referring to PVP ship sailing or pve or public sail? I don't think you can boot from a public ship yet.
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm captain with a public ship I find it difficult to keep an eye on the crew. Unless there's some way to do this I don't know yet. Only way I know is to come off the wheel and look around. I've actually had someone take the wheel while I was looking and trying to communicate. But I would boot any afk looking pirate if they made no attempts to repair or move wwhen the opportunity arose. They would be gone.
When a crew member stands there scratching their heads with heavy repair to do, they would be on the plank. NO questions asked.
Give us the boot option on public sailing and let the captains deal with the flak. It shouldn't be a tlopo issue itself. My decisions on my ship are my responsibilities and should not be a burden on tlopo to control. Let the booted person file a grievance. They won't be able to justify it.

Last edited:
They just need to add the kick people off ships button like they had in potco
I just recently experienced this: Public ship-9 people crew not counting captain, 3 working cannons on a heavy run, me, alone constant repair never once had a chance to shoot. When I asked the captain what the other 5 people were doing standing around scratching their heads and never moving, he/she said it was for crew bonus-lol. <---quote

Anyone want to comment on what that means?

Some people have alternate accounts or guildmates stay with them and crew up for the 50% bonus which makes it easier to level up, also they just afk and get free loot so everyone wins

Regarding the other topic, the best fix I see is just to ask if it’s okay with the captain in the first place, if you have a good ship you can often solo mat runs anyway so always making sure it’s okay to afk first makes it go better for everyone, all the other options aren’t bad but I feel like there’s too many ways any said system could be abused or broken. Just the plain old chat system is the perfect system :D

I'm in the school of the captain (ship owner) should have unlimited control of who is on his ship. There is no need to have complex systems for this. I've heard the arguments against this saying captains would abuse this power but I disagree. Any captain who abuses such power would certainly gain a reputation for such and the problem would then be self correcting.

Back